• Xavin

1 1.64%
  • Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar
    Last edited by Personamanx; 07-18-2019 at 01:45 PM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

RUNAWAYS #26
    RAINBOW ROWELL (W)
    Andrés Genolet (A)
    Cover by KRIS ANKA
    THE BIRTH OF THE REVENGING RUNAWAYS
    • The Runaways are kitted out and code-named up, and FIGHTING alongside the hero Los Angeles deserves!
    • But how will this unknown element disrupt their delicate team chemistry? Who opts out, and who gets left out?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Definitely filling the void of the West Coast Avengers' disbanding then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Really hoping for some meaty Victor stuff in this issue. And doubly hoping that Doombot is restored as he is an astoundingly charming addition to the Runaways support cast.

The exchange between Nico and Gert was <dramatic gasp>

I'm not personally invested into Doombot so I'm not really expecting much from the arc's finale. I'm very much excited for what comes next.

Also, for fans of the show we have a teaser/release date for the Third season.

That teaser is... not what I was expecting it to be.

Pretty sure it's just a nightmare.

The issue made for a solid read.

spoilers:
    Victor, and Victor had an interesting discussion of identity within their mind palace. Nico is on texting terms with Dazzler, that's how she finds out Karolina has been heroing on the side. Chase, and Gert have a heartfelt discussion about their former relationship. It's also worth noting that: Gert, and Chase watched The Hangover the night after they defeated their parents. Nico claims to be able to recognize K from her thighs alone. Molly is tall.
    end of spoilers

Solid issue that moves the plot along a little bit, but mostly focuses on character relationships. Nothing particularly surprising or exciting happens, and I kinda missed Alex, but overall a good issue.

-Pav, who wonders what Gib will eat...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Solid issue that moves the plot along a little bit, but mostly focuses on character relationships. Nothing particularly surprising or exciting happens, and I kinda missed Alex, but overall a good issue.

-Pav, who wonders what Gib will eat...
    I'm very much excited to move away from Doombot, I can appreciate acknowledging Victor's time as an Avenger, and developing things from that. But every time Doombot gets a page I kind of wish anyone else did instead.

God Rainbow writes Nico so out of character. Makes me want to vomit how she’s destroying an amazing character.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    The issue made for a solid read.

spoilers:
    Victor, and Victor had an interesting discussion of identity within their mind palace. Nico is on texting terms with Dazzler, that's how she finds out Karolina has been heroing on the side. Chase, and Gert have a heartfelt discussion about their former relationship. It's also worth noting that: Gert, and Chase watched The Hangover the night after they defeated their parents. Nico claims to be able to recognize K from her thighs alone. Molly is tall.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Nico recognised her clothes, which she was still wearing. She should've also noticed the rainbow energy signature from Karolina's power usage.

As for Dazzler, they were on A-Force together, makes sense they'd still be in touch.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

spoilers:
    I loved the conversation between Gert and Chase ,I think those two were definitely overdue for a real talk.

I am curious about how Chase and Gert managed to have a date the night after they beat their parents. After the whole Marine Vivarium thing, weren't they immediately taken into custody by Captain America and then split up across the foster system?

Also I'm not crazy about the retcon that Chase was faking having drowned in order to trick one of the girls into giving him CPR
    end of spoilers

I'm starting to feel very sorry for Chase. He needs a small victory in his life.