1 1.64%
  • Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

The heart to heart had me shook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    God Rainbow writes Nico so out of character. Makes me want to vomit how she’s destroying an amazing character.
    Intriguing. Would you mind elaborating? I'd love to hear your perspective on Nico.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I'm starting to feel very sorry for Chase. He needs a small victory in his life.
    Haul Mart gal is still a very real possible impending "win" for our baby Chase.

I very much enjoyed the parallel drawn between Vic and DB regarding concerns over identity and programming and defying expectation, etc. Twas charming.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    God Rainbow writes Nico so out of character. Makes me want to vomit how she’s destroying an amazing character.
    I'm okay with her Nico but it surprises me that Nico still doesn't know how powerful she is :/ I mean, she's the most experienced member in the team.

A lot of people keep forgetting Nico made a deal with the Staff in exchange for her soul and it seems we're finally getting ahead of that storyline soon.

TV news - Cloak and Dagger crossover!
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/11...281077248?s=19
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    A lot of people keep forgetting Nico made a deal with the Staff in exchange for her soul and it seems we're finally getting ahead of that storyline soon.
    Uh... show of hands? lol

Runaways is currently my favorite Marvel book. The art is gorgeous, even after Anka leaving.

And I love how Rainbow writes vulnerable and heartwarming dialogue. Every interaction is super-rich.

I just wish we had more stories out of the house and without Gib / Doombot.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    TV news - Cloak and Dagger crossover!
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/11...281077248?s=19
    Can't say I'm excited for this, personally. Not a Cloak and Dagger viewer...

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Yes, I too am glad that with the upcoming arc we might be exploring how the new staff rules are affecting Nico. I appreciate that Rowell doesn't like resolving too much at any given time, but you never know how long this book has. There are a lot of cards on the table, hopefully they're played well. I'm already surprised that she made me care about Gert, but Doom, and Gib are hard sells.

I still haven't had the motivation to watch Cloak & Dagger, but the crossover might be neat. It would only be an issue for me if it was on the show I didn't watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    spoilers:
    I am curious about how Chase and Gert managed to have a date the night after they beat their parents. After the whole Marine Vivarium thing, weren't they immediately taken into custody by Captain America and then split up across the foster system?

Also I'm not crazy about the retcon that Chase was faking having drowned in order to trick one of the girls into giving him CPR
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I would have assumed so as well. I can imagine the split not being immediate to the extent that they had a day or two together, but having access to the van seems like a stretch. Also, did they even still have the original van? I may be remembering incorrectly, but I thought it was lost when the Hostel was buried.

It wouldn't be the first time Chase lied about an event to feel worse about himself.
    end of spoilers
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

First time I'm seeing Runaways being featured for marvel games / marvel kids / marvel promotional content with the other marvel heroes

The inclusion of Tippy Toe ....without Squirrel girl (that I can see) gave me a chuckle. What a showboater, that Tippy.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post

First time I'm seeing Runaways being featured for marvel games / marvel kids / marvel promotional content with the other marvel heroes
    That's interesting. We also see the X-Men and Fox characters in newer designs.

Come to think of it, I wonder if the Runaways will ever make their animated debut in a cartoon...

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The inclusion of Tippy Toe ....without Squirrel girl (that I can see) gave me a chuckle. What a showboater, that Tippy.
    Yeah, why is she just randomly there between Gwen and Star-Lord, with Doreen nowhere in sight? We need a clean version of this art though, as it is possible she's just cut off. Even if she is it's still odd that they're not together. And I'm pleasantly surprised to see Spider-Ham, Spider-Girl and Nico on there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The choice of putting Nico and Karolina so far away from each other is homophobic.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

It's neat to see Karolina, and Nico on the promotional banner. They could be a little closer I suppose, but Minoru is at the very least sandwiched between three very prominent characters. I have a feeling that some would question who she is, and that isn't a bad thing for our gang of moody youths.

They've done comics, mobile games, live-action TV, a YA novel, and tabletop miniatures... maybe an animated appearance isn't so far-fetched.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Incredible Member

What be the point of an animated series be when they already have a tv show, still waiting on that Young Avengers Cartoon though.

I can't help but wonder if the reason Gert and Chase broke up is because there chemistry on the tv show made obvious they did not work as a c