1 1.64%
  • Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    They're all just so lovable, it's hard to choose. If it wasn't for Chase and Gert's original love story, I wouldn't have liked Chase as much.
    These nerds deserve more hugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah. And they always talk about how they need to eat humans, there's talk about souls, and doesn't it also need to be a blood sacrifice?... I don't think they can really use Victor, Alex has a plan.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, he's clearly trying to make something work. Alex isn't dumb he wouldn't try to slit a metallic throat unless it (or the appearance of doing so) had a specific purpose. It may very well be to buy some time.
    end of spoilers
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    spoilers:
    I personally liked how easily they went back on the Staff of One being technology into being an actual tool of magic.

I also liked Gangnam Style!
    end of spoilers
    I was never worried about that. It always felt like obligatory lipservice they had to say and everyone could move on.

spoilers:
    The possession angle was unexpected, though, and harder to explain with technology
    end of spoilers
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Today I'll be able (Gibborim willing) to secure my copy, but not for another 8 hours. I've seen a few scans thanks to twitter and I must comment on just how precious it is to see Karolina wearing one of Nico's necklaces. How effing cute is that?

Additionally, the witchy fashion aesthetic is something I'm going to sorely miss on Nico, post Anka, unless of course the incoming artist has even half as strong a sense of style, we may be fortunate in retaining the unique visual foundation that has dazzled us for as many issues thus far.

Considering Nico knowns that every spell let's an evil force bleed into her, she's not really holding back on the spells these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Considering Nico knowns that every spell let's an evil force bleed into her, she's not really holding back on the spells these days...
    Just like her casting / activation words, she really has run completely out of fux to give.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Today I'll be able (Gibborim willing) to secure my copy, but not for another 8 hours. I've seen a few scans thanks to twitter and I must comment on just how precious it is to see Karolina wearing one of Nico's necklaces. How effing cute is that?

Additionally, the witchy fashion aesthetic is something I'm going to sorely miss on Nico, post Anka, unless of course the incoming artist has even half as strong a sense of style, we may be fortunate in retaining the unique visual foundation that has dazzled us for as many issues thus far.
    I've been away from the city for the past three weeks so I've only gotten digital copies of the last two issues. When it's out of impatience I'll usually pick up the physical copy the day after at a local shop, but I've certainly missed the window for Sixteen. I might just stick with digital exclusively with the series, it's cheaper that way. It was very cute, hopefully Nico will dye her hair blond in a future issue.

Newer artists might be able to get by on taking Anka outfits, and re-mixing them. For a while at least, there's only so many clothes in a wardrobe. It was pretty weird during their hiatus appearances when artists would just draw them in a previous outfit though. Hopefully they know what I told Nick Bradshaw when I requested my Nico commission, the kids have aesthetics not outfits.

Nico really made a bad deal with that evil stick. Diabetics bleed more for less.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Since Alex came back on the scene, one thing of major interest to me was seeing how he and Victor would respond to one another --- obviously Victor didn't join the family until after Alex died --- especially because both of them kinda play the kid-genius role, albeit in different ways.

The cliffhanger for the newest issue sure gave me what I wanted!

-Pav, who enjoys Alex being back...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Yeah, I'm glad they're interacting somewhat but I think there's a lot more to play with than we're likely to be given. They're both very similar to one another, in different circumstances they'd be friends.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Am I the only one that hopes this doesn't stay? So far it's the only thing I don't like about this run. It doesn't seem like Nico to be okay with some evil blood mixing with hers. Like she's smart, she knows what means something more.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Am I the only one that hopes this doesn't stay? So far it's the only thing I don't like about this run. It doesn't seem like Nico to be okay with some evil blood mixing with hers. Like she's smart, she knows what means something more.
    I don't mind it too much, because they've done a good job of showing just how much the Staff and the cutting have pained her and all the lengths she has gone to either not let it out or not let it back in, so I believe that this Nico would make the impulsive decision if it means not letting her hurt more, at least at the moment.

I don't mind this storyline with The One for the interrim, it obviously shouldn't be permanent. But it gives Nico a long game, a reason to hold back in future fights. The stakes are high for her. Just the fact that Rowell is seeding future storylines gives me hope because we never know when this book will be taken away from us again, so if she's confidant enough to leave this open ended then sales must not be dire.

Plus sooner or later the One will either take Nico over and/or escape. And that gives the Runaways a new recurring villain, so that's something to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I don't mind this storyline with The One for the interrim, it obviously shouldn't be permanent. But it gives Nico a long game, a reason to hold back in future fights. The stakes are high for her. Just the fact that Rowell is seeding future storylines gives me hope because we never know when this book will be taken away from us again, so if she's confidant enough to leave this open ended then sales must not be dire.

Plus sooner or later the One will either take Nico over and/or escape. And that gives the Runaways a new recurring villain, so that's something to look forward to.
    In a certain sense, the kids are often their own worst enemies --- which is why Alex being back is so great. But Nico's new situation feels the same way: here's a problem she arguable made worse that the kids are eventually going to have to deal with.

The book is best when the chaos comes just as much from the kids as from the outside world.

-Pav, who thinks Alex is the Runaways' Doom...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Do you think Nico's scuba lessons will ever save the day?

https://www.strawpoll.me/17195525 Poll about the tv show, no spoilers included.

spoilers:
    Ah, Dale seems to be the least polarizing parent.
    end of spoilers