1 1.64%
  • Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    spoilers:
    It was a cute issue. I'm still getting used to Nico and Karolina being together, but they've got a really fun dynamic right now.

Trying on costumse together was really cute.
    Nico's fashion sense and the fact that she's made a lot of her own outfits is one of my favorite things about her, so the fact that she's sharing that with Karolina is really nice.

It's a bit concerning how quickly Nico is using up spells and letting The One in. And it really sucks that the new deal didn't give Nico a reset on old spells, it should have at least turned the odometer back to zero.

If I have one problem with the series it the decompression. Like this "Gib is hungry" storyline which is taking forever. On the one hand Rowell is really dragging it out and I just want some resolution already, on the other hand he's just a big teddy bear so I'm glad he's still around.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, the issue was so cute! But I don't like the Gib $hit. I'm really tired of him...I don't know what's his point on the comic book, I mean even Doomboot is more interesting.
    end of spoilers

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

spoilers:
    I think Gib is just Rowell, and Anka having wanted to add something new to the book that would last. It's not the worst character concept, but she's really dragging his development out. I don't think it's bad, but the odds of the series lasting beyond the J-Team storyline are slim. They're going to have to really pick up the pace if Gib doesn't want to go hungry into limbo.
    end of spoilers
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

#25's going to be a week late, which takes it into October. No Runaways this month, guys!
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...ps-like-crazy/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Double the Runaways is good.

Ah, well I don't mind a short delay. As the articles says we might be double dipping in October.

Rowell tweeted last night that she's finished up the fifth arc of the series, and hopes she will get another. Doesn't look likely.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Scored a very nice bundle at the comic shop today. The entire 49 issue run of the first two series for less than $25 dollars. They're well-loved comics, and a few issues appeared to have been folded in half at some point but I'm happy to have successfully replaced every issue that I've lost over the years. The later issues of BKV's run still have their eMusic trials intact, who wants free Moby tracks?

Solicit, but no cover for the December issue:

RUNAWAYS #28
    RAINBOW ROWELL (W)
    ANDRÉS GENOLET (A)
    Cover by KRIS ANKA
    J-TEAM GO!
    • While the Runaways are wards of (LA’s Most Venerable Hero) DOC JUSTICE, it’s only polite to make themselves useful, right?
    • It’s hard to see a downside to fighting alongside this cape-wearing crusader for justice!
    • Their costumes (designed in real-life by the legendary KRIS ANKA) may be secondhand, but they look amazing! And the Doc’s got one for every–wait…
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Anyone know if the preview for #25 has dropped anywhere? Unless it's been delayed another week I suppose.

So is this guy meant to be a pre-Age of Marvels hero? i.e. been around since before the Fantastic Four?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I guess, assuming everything's on the level and that this isn't just pageantry by Victor.

Also we has a poster for season three, which premieres on December 13th on Hulu.

I felt like the show went off the rails a little in the back half of season 2, so I hope season 3 is back on track.

That poster looks great.

I keep forgetting that Morgan Le Fay is going to be in season 3. Seems like such a random choice, but it's exciting

I'm a bit apprehensive about it, not because of the character choice, but because I'm worried about the season being overstuffed with plot. I thought season 2 bit off more than it could chew in that department.

I liked season two well enough, it definitely had a lot going on but at least in my single viewing I was reasonably entertained. Definitely upped the action, and committed to being an superhero show. Really interested in exploring the fall out from the Wilders being arrested.

I still feel like I should watch Cloak, and Dagger at some point. If for no other reason than to know more of the context for the crossover. For some odd reason you can't buy the whole season on google play, which is kind of why I haven't.-