4 6.56%
  • Xavin

1 1.64%
  • Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

I definitely still liked s2, but there were more than a few points where I felt like they skipped to the conclusion of character arcs without actually showing us the journey because they needed to get to the next plot point.

Appreciated that they pulled back on having the Staff of One be tech instead of magic.

They need to wrap up the parents story and take a break from the Gibborim. They need to run off to a different thing and take a breather from the parents and focus on some character development on the kids only.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Yeah, that was nice. While I appreciated divorcing the parents from their villain archetypes in season one to flesh out their characters it was definitely nice to see some of it brought into the second season. I don't expect the Yorkes to be retconned as time-travelers or anything, but I liked them bringing the magic back to the Minoru family. Didn't mind the kung-fu either.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I have a feeling that they might be imagining the defeat of the Pride as the point where the show ends, which I hope isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I have a feeling that they might be imagining the defeat of the Pride as the point where the show ends, which I hope isn't the case.
    Yeah, I think it's a case of "Peter Parker in High School" syndrome. The characters are heavily associated with a point in their story that was relatively minor in length. Sure, they don't have the catalog size of Spider-Man but they're still associated with their earliest status quo/conflicts. Ignoring that fact that volume two generally sold better than the first series, and is where a lot of fans started reading.

It's also why in the current comics they're back in the original Hostel. A place they barely appeared in for more than six issues in the first series.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I'm surprised that the Leapfrog still hasn't come back in the comics

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I'm surprised that the Leapfrog still hasn't come back in the comics
    Yeah, I've even asked Rowell about them on twitter. She said months ago that she wants to bring them back, but I guess it's not very high on her list. If the series somehow lasts beyond the Doc Justice arc I hope they bring the boy back. If they're back into active heroics, it would help to have a vehicle again. One that isn't Chase's VW bus... Which might be the one from volume three but I don't think it's done anything amazing in the current book yet.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The poster for season 3 looks pretty rad. I wonder if the show going down this darker/supernatural path might have something to do with the terror initiative they're trying to create over at Hulu with Marvel shows. Hellstorm interacted with Nico back in Avengers Undercover, so they could take some inspiration from that.

Also, this may or may not be relevant due to recent rumors about Marvel live-action productions being distanced from Marvel Television: it looks like the cast was at the Marvel Studios office for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The poster for season 3 looks pretty rad. I wonder if the show going down this darker/supernatural path might have something to do with the terror initiative they're trying to create over at Hulu with Marvel shows. Hellstorm interacted with Nico back in Avengers Undercover, so they could take some inspiration from that.

Also, this may or may not be relevant due to recent rumors about Marvel live-action productions being distanced from Marvel Television: it looks like the cast was at the Marvel Studios office for some reason.
    Oh, I would love if Feige took over all live action stuff and Runaways was incorporated into proper MCU. A year ago or so it would be impossible, but right now the only two shows still going are Runaways and Cloak & Dagger, both projects that Marvel Studios was once interested in making...

Eh, I'd be content with them doing their own thing for the most part. It'd do wonders for their exposure though, Hulu/International television is nice but it doesn't get the boost of the Marvel Studios machine.

I’d be more interested in a crossover with whatever their eventually Young Avengers team winds up as than the Cloak&Dagger crossover we are getting this season, if I’m being truthful.

I honestly can't wait to see the dynamic between the Runaways and C&D. In the comics C&D are older and kinda condescending while the Runaways were usually brats

But in the shows they're going to be contemporaries. Practically equals.

I honestly can't wait to see the dynamic between the Runaways and C&D. In the comics C&D are older and kinda condescending while the Runaways were usually brats

I think that's why I'm less interested, honestly. That and the fact that I don't watch C&D.

And in the comics, the Runaways and Young Avengers were contemporaries, but in the MCU, the YA/Champions merged team will be younger than the Runaways. They're far from the only ones whose ages don't match (Hank Pym and Janet van Dyne, being significantly aged up and a whole generation before the Avengers who they're traditionally founders of, and Spider-Man, who came after the Avengers in the movies but before them in the comics, being the most obvious examples).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Another good issue today.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And in the comics, the Runaways and Young Avengers were contemporaries, but in the MCU, the YA/Champions merged team will be younger than the Runaways.
    Will they, though? If Hailee Steinfeld really ends up being Kate, she's older than Rhenzy Feliz.