• Xavin

1 1.64%
  • Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Went to the shop today to pick up the new Young Justice #1, and bought the first appearance of Xavin while I was at it. I'm never going to replace the entirety of my collection that was lost, but at least I can get the core first appearances easily enough. It was actually cheaper than the new comic, outside of the first issues of Volumes One/Two I don't think the show is making the comics any pricier.

I also bought a Jimmy Buffett album on vinyl.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

She's such a sweetheart. I love her love for this book.

Also, she pronnounces Karolina just like I used to think was the right way before the TV show... which now makes me question if the TV show got it wrong or if she did.

I've always thought it was pronounced like Caroline, but with an a at the end. Car O line ah.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    She's such a sweetheart. I love her love for this book.

Also, she pronnounces Karolina just like I used to think was the right way before the TV show... which now makes me question if the TV show got it wrong or if she did.
    The show pronounces it differently than intended based on how BKV has said her name. Textually one issue late in his run has Molly refer to Karolina as "Lina-Bean" so it's supposed to sound like "Lima" with an "N." Or simply put it's pronounced like the American states.

Alongside the X-men, this was one my first Marvel reads. Technically is was vol 2 with the introduction with Victor.

It was a pretty neat premise. New teen hero team. A kid of Ultron. Evil parents. So glad I got into them but I gotta say my reading only extends to maybe Josh Whedon but firmly in the Vaughn era.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Well Karoleena>>>>>>>> Karolaina.

Bless the show.

Has anyone checked out any of the Runaways playlists on Spotify. They're making one for each character, and the songs are chosen by the actors who portray the kids on the show. They don't really sound like they're my thing but may as well point out that they exist.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Alongside the X-men, this was one my first Marvel reads. Technically is was vol 2 with the introduction with Victor.

It was a pretty neat premise. New teen hero team. A kid of Ultron. Evil parents. So glad I got into them but I gotta say my reading only extends to maybe Josh Whedon but firmly in the Vaughn era.
    I find that a lot of people didn't get into the book until the second volume. I guess after Volume One finished up, and the new series started there was just a bit more visibility for it. I certainly would have had a more difficult time getting into the book with the Digests being everywhere.

While I don't necessarily agree many would say that the entirety of the Third volume isn't that good. It was Fourteen issues, and ended on a cliffhanger that still hasn't been satisfactorily resolved. The current series is a pretty solid read if you like character studies over action.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well Karoleena>>>>>>>> Karolaina.

Bless the show.
    I was honestly just weirded out by the show's pronunciation originally. I had never heard the name pronounced that way before. I'll admit that it's grown on me however.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I was honestly just weirded out by the show's pronunciation originally. I had never heard the name pronounced that way before. I'll admit that it's grown on me however.
    Well, Karolina(spelled Carolina mostly) is a common name here in Brazil, and the pronounciation in portuguese it's similar to how they say it on the show(the "Karo" part is kind of different, but the "lina" is exactly the same). I always said it like that because, well, it's just how I naturally read it, especially since I read the original run translated in portuguese.

DOV, you were supposed to be on the same boat!!!

Well, I've always pronounced it as "Karoleena".

Like I said, it's grown on me. Just wasn't how I ever said her name in my head. I'm not one to talk either, I mispronounced Jaime Reyes' name for years before I heard it on TV. You should have heard how I said "Triskelion" back in the day.

Finished Season 2 today, can't say i'm really enjoying the show as much anymore. I loved that they introduced Xavin but theres a lot I don't like.

As far as the comics go I still have a lot of catching up to do, i'm still on issue 6.

I enjoyed it, but it very much feels like a different show from season one. The decision to embrace the superhero genre drastically changed the feel of the show, I found it to be for the better personally.

Nice, you're going through the newer trades I take it? Any good back up material?

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I enjoyed it, but it very much feels like a different show from season one. The decision to embrace the superhero genre drastically changed the feel of the show, I found it to be for the better personally.

Nice, you're going through the newer trades I take it? Any good back up material?
    Nah I was buying single issues on Comixology before I took a break, I might buy the trades when I finish reading the last issue I bought.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Nah I was buying single issues on Comixology before I took a break, I might buy the trades when I finish reading the last issue I bought.
    Ah, sorry. I've been buying the single issues myself, but the trades for the new volume are cheaper than most for Six issues worth of comics. Would probably be just buying digital trades had I not returned to these forums. It'd certainly be cheaper than buying the singles.