• Xavin

1 1.64%
  • Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Ah, sorry. I've been buying the single issues myself, but the trades for the new volume are cheaper than most for Six issues worth of comics. Would probably be just buying digital trades had I not returned to these forums. It'd certainly be cheaper than buying the singles.
    Yeah I'm definitely gonna stick to digital trades from now on, I get to save money using Ebates.

Incredible Member

I finally got through season 2. As a comic one fan that seriously bugs me is how they were able to be so comic accurate with the main 5 with the exception of Chase, he's not much of a wiseass instead he's just a bland Disney prince type character with no personality at all. He's also the one who feels miscast as well, I imagine he got casted for being a bigger name.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    I finally got through season 2. As a comic one fan that seriously bugs me is how they were able to be so comic accurate with the main 5 with the exception of Chase, he's not much of a wiseass instead he's just a bland Disney prince type character with no personality at all. He's also the one who feels miscast as well, I imagine he got casted for being a bigger name.
    Yeah, it was only casted on the show bc he's more famous than the other ones.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I feel like he was changed so significantly because a wise-ass dumb jock wouldn't play as well in 2018 as it did back in the earlier 2000s. Very quickly they tried to show Chase as having the most "heroic" personality, and many of his more negative attributes being downplayed. Shadows of his comics personality are in there, but they're brushed off or put into a very different context.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Ultimate Member

With the exception of his father calling him a jock once, while hitting him, I never got the impression at all that Chase *was* a jock in the comics. More of a stoner, really. The show's version is a totally different character, and I think I like it, as the comic-book versions of Chase (and the others) kind of popped into existence fully formed and didn't really have a past, while the show's versions did have friends and a life and activities at school before running away.

Something that the show did far more effectively was show what they were running away from, what they were losing (or giving up, or rejecting), in the process.

Incredible Member

I was really disappointed because I went to High School earlier in the decade and I knew a lot of people that were like Chase in the comics, the Chase in the show is just something a horrible tv executive THINKS a teenager is.

RUNAWAYS #20
    RAINBOW ROWELL (W)
    Andrés Genolet (A)
    Cover by KRIS ANKA
    The fallout from “That Was Yesterday” is still very much being felt.
    There’s rebuilding to do, both metaphorical and literal – Are the Runaways up for these repairs?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Wow, looks like Gib is going to stick around

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Wow, looks like Gib is going to stick around
    Yeah, that is surprising. If the cover is any indication I guess that means neither him or Karolina will be leaving with Alex.

I guess that leaves us with the possibility of one of these characters leaving:

Chase
    Nico
    Molly
    Gert
    Victor
    Old Lace

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Yeah, that is surprising. If the cover is any indication I guess that means neither him or Karolina will be leaving with Alex.

I guess that leaves us with the possibility of one of these characters leaving:

Chase
    Nico
    Molly
    Gert
    Victor
    Old Lace
    Don't forget Rufus and Doombot

Awww SHEEYET. Doombot makes the most sense and at the same time, leaves me feeling melancholy.

So, Karolina's gay clothes:
    - Lesbian bracelet
    - Lesbian shirt

MCU:
    - Rainbow shirt
    - Jeans with rainbow on the pockets
    - Lesbian sweater.

Am I missing something?

Karolina's always been associated with rainbows though. She glows multicoloured and her codename was Lucy in the Sky.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Karolina's always been associated with rainbows though. She glows multicoloured and her codename was Lucy in the Sky.
    Her shirt on this cover is literally the lesbian flag. And yeah, I'm sure her association with rainbows it's obviously just a coincidence to begin with lol.

That darn cat needs to be around to continue to agitate Old Lace. Doombot can leave.