• Xavin

1 1.64%
  • Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Her shirt on this cover is literally the lesbian flag. And yeah, I'm sure her association with rainbows it's obviously just a coincidence to begin with lol.
    Huh.

Learn something new every day. I didn't even realize there was an explicitly lesbian flag.
    I need to go to more meetings I guess.

In other news, is anyone else absolutely chomping at the bit to see pages by the incoming artist?? I mean, Runaways pages. Not their earlier work. RUNAWAYS pages.

I'm very eager.

Cool to see that Gib will join the group. I started to like him since the Christmas issue

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

While Anka will still do covers, he's no longer making style guides for the new artist/s to follow. So I guess that means we may not see the kids dress so extravagantly anymore.

Tried looking for any social media presence of Andres Genolet, but the only thing I can find is a fairly recent twitter handle with no tweets. It'll be weird to not have this fountain of BTS stuff we're used to at this point.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

How do y'all feel about the current aesthetic of the Staff of One?

I'm probably in the minority but I was a little smitten with the post-death-shorter-chunky-staff-of-one.

I enjoyed the charming wand-like aesthetic.

Am I to be tarred and feathered for this confession?

I didn't mind it, felt a little too club-like at times but that could have been addressed by having her beat someone with it. I wasn't a fan of Kev Walker's initial "Witch" arm however, it was just a bit too chunky for my liking, reminded me too much of Hellboy. I liked the whole of it better when later artists made it more compact, but then of course that did lead to some confusion as to whether or not the arm was more of a gauntlet.

The Marvel Legends Nico figure made the Club-Staff, and the Witch Arm work.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I didn't mind it, felt a little too club-like at times but that could have been addressed by having her beat someone with it. I wasn't a fan of Kev Walker's initial "Witch" arm however, it was just a bit too chunky for my liking, reminded me too much of Hellboy. I liked the whole of it better when later artists made it more compact, but then of course that did lead to some confusion as to whether or not the arm was more of a gauntlet.

The Marvel Legends Nico figure made the Club-Staff, and the Witch Arm work.
    I agree. The figure is totally charming.
    But I'd have preferred if the artist made the Witch arm a bit less.......robotic? glowy armor? And more.....otherworldly. I'm sure the intended aesthetic was more "gauntlet" but it really looked more like a loaned glove from Iron Man.

They should have gone the Naruto route, and just have the new arm be constantly wrapped in bandages.

I will say, the show has me liking the idea of the Staff being collapsible/extendable. It allows for more artistic license, but also has some utility to it. Nico really has to learn how to fight with that thing. She needs more skill proficiencies besides Scuba, and Tuba.

Alright. I'm dumb. Scuba and Tuba?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Alright. I'm dumb. Scuba and Tuba?
    In the first arc Nico states that having played Tuba in her school's marching band had given her exceptional upper body strength. Later on in the first series as they bubble down to the Vivarium, she mentions that she took Scuba diving lessons.

I really hope that one day both of those skills will save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    While Anka will still do covers, he's no longer making style guides for the new artist/s to follow. So I guess that means we may not see the kids dress so extravagantly anymore.

Tried looking for any social media presence of Andres Genolet, but the only thing I can find is a fairly recent twitter handle with no tweets. It'll be weird to not have this fountain of BTS stuff we're used to at this point.
    This might explain that. He's joining the Young Justice creative team.
    https://www.newsarama.com/43702-kris...th-bendis.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Canonically both Molly, and Nico can play the tuba. Future Molly also loses an arm at some point. Coincidence? Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This might explain that. He's joining the Young Justice creative team.
    https://www.newsarama.com/43702-kris...th-bendis.html
    Well no, he clarified he was only doing a sequence of pages for the issue. His next long term project has yet to be announced.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 01-31-2019 at 06:49 PM.

I liked how MAA and Marvel Legends designed the staff and the Witcharm.

The Witchbreaker's staff was prettier and more ornate, but I can see how details could get lost between artists. So simplifying it makes sense.

Not crazy about the fact that it's once again gone back to factory settings, but whatever it still looks cool

Oh yeah, MAA made it work fairly well. The illustrations for the kids in the game are nice, but Nico feels the most superheroic.

Aside from Nico's design in... Marvel Future Fight I think? The Runaways have looked fairly good in their video game appearances. Granted the only reason I even know what the Future Fight outfit looks like is because I read that someone ripped the model to be playable in a Grand Theft Auto: San Adreas mod.

By MAA, do you mean Avengers Alliance or Avengers Academy?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    By MAA, do you mean Avengers Alliance or Avengers Academy?
    I presumed that Beetle meant Avengers Alliance, and I agreed. My apologies, the shorthand name I've read for Academy has more commonly been AVAC.