Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
The Holocaust is real world history affecting real Jews, including my family. Genosha is comic book fiction. There's a big difference in the moral weight of how those are addressed in fiction vs. meta-text. And again, as people have told you, many of us do not feel they have 'ignored' it.
Agreed on moral weight and real world vs fiction, retain that in-universe they hold the same weight for each character. Real world, ignoring Magneto's Holocaust history would be far more of a problem and what he went through is obviously more important. In the fictional setting, they're both traumatic genocides, and what each went through should never be forgotten or minimized. I'll admit to speaking rashly and not thinking that difference through enough before making my comment. Will try to be mindful of it going forward, and apologies for that mistake on my part (to anyone reading).

On the topic of relationships, this is closer to reiterating things I've said before. I think Lorna would be better off dating other women. I think history with Havok has tainted male relationships, and that we've seen its effect in her dynamic with Gambit at times on ANXF as well as with Magneto. Relationships with women, I think are less likely to be tainted because of how rare bad ones have been since the late 80s/early 90s. We have good dynamics with Wanda, Rogue, Rachel, Crystal and Luna, etc to work with.

I can see potential in Lorna x Cyclops, but I'm not really for it both for reasons above and connection to Havok at a time when Lorna should be far, far away from him. Just one small slip away from Havok coming in and Lorna undermined to play him up some more.