Page 57 of 92 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

I don't really put stock into that account considering things that happened with them a few years ago. It's one of several (possibly the same person) that's a mutual block. Maybe they make a good point, but I'm not reading it due to that history.

More pictures from a Japanese Polaris fan on Twitter.

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I think Lorna excels at GoT type politics we saw in War of Kings. She has no official role in the Krakoan government or military unlike Genosha. However, I haven't given up hope for her to be a behind the scenes force influencing decisions sort of akin to the 'rogue princess' in DnA's words we had with the Inhumans. The House of M is officially one of the houses on Krakoa. Strengthening that houses position would mean influencing some of the other councils. That would give her a rational to interact with the likes of Exodus as well as Jean.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-11-2019 at 01:38 PM.

cant lie I’m hyped to see what Hickman does with her. I liked his brief take on her in hox, chilly and badass even if she was pretty much just there to put a voice to all the exposition. Love how Hickman writes magneto, so hopefully these two get their moment

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    cant lie I’m hyped to see what Hickman does with her. I liked his brief take on her in hox, chilly and badass even if she was pretty much just there to put a voice to all the exposition. Love how Hickman writes magneto, so hopefully these two get their moment
    Well he did even with mainly it being about exposition for readers give her a voice at the start. It was a voice more fitting with the character and her experiences then what we have seen a lot of in recent years which has felt like Jean talking or the writer.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-12-2019 at 08:20 AM.

I feel like posting Polaris, so I'm gonna post Polaris.

One from lorna_stolaris. There are two others in the set.

One from charlieannecosplay. She's at LACC today if someone else is there and wants to go say hi.

One of many from Mutant Musings Podcast during NYCC, with double the Lorna cosplay.

There's a lot more besides these as well. Especially of Gifted version. I just picked a few I liked. If I posted everything I saw, I'd be spamming this thread endlessly for pages on pages.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i found this on pinterest
    we can be heroes, just for one day

I would love if that was an upcoming book. I would love if they call themselves the Acolytes and take that name just like Kitty's group is taking Marauders.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post

i found this on pinterest
    Who is the black guy?

The idea is these characters as the Acolytes. Posted by jessebedlam on Tumblr.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Who is the black guy?
    Bedlam

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I would love if that was an upcoming book. I would love if they call themselves the Acolytes and take that name just like Kitty's group is taking Marauders.
    Ooh! Acolytes is fiyah!
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

A difference there being that such a team would actually have a solid claim to the name and the legacy of the group. I always felt odd about say Brotherhood teams without foundational or key members.

Lorna's story arc with the Acolytes actually is actually quite unique among comic story arcs for long time characters. The blog standard trope of such storylines is protagonist gets sucked in by the wrong crowd, protagonist awakens to crowd being 'bad', protagonist repents his/her ways and seeks redemption. That would have been Wanda and Pietro's Brotherhood story arc, Colossus, or insert any number of characters over the years.

It was the direction certain writers like the one who wrote Dark Seduction wanted to go with Lorna's story arc. But, as a happenstance her story arc with them didn't end there likely because the x-books hadn't brought a certain Summers brother back yet. When she finally returned to the X-Men she was unrepentant and convinced what they had been doing on Genosha was right.

That actually makes the arc completely different then the overwhelming bulk of such stories where the end one can predict from the start as it follows a predetermined comic book formula. I think the big difference was a lot of different writers worked on the story and some of them followed where the story took them instead of using the blog standard comic book formula.

A redesign idea by crimsonartsillustration, one in which Lorna remains visually identifiable by her costume. Can also see her manipulating metal weaponry, which I think more and more people think we should see her have on the regular as it's sort of like a knight bringing their sword to battle.

carcrashcarlos drew this with the following noteworthy comment:

Polaris has gone through possessions, body image issues, mental issues, but she is very much a forgotten character. As Magneto’s (now) only true offspring, I’d love for her to be brought back into the spotlight cuz she’s rad as hell!!
    Posted on September 24, for what it's worth if you're someone trying to weigh the comment against what Marvel has done and will do. Carlos has done other characters in similar manner, including Wanda and Pietro and saying they should be Magneto's kids again.

Posted by xmen_x, don't know about source.

While doing this, I saw some posts I'm not sure if I want to post here or not, where Elizabeth Olsen's hair is recolored green to look more like Lorna. One includes Dumont as Lorna saying something about Wanda wanting to try her hair color.

One can always guess when a fan by in large stopped reading the x-books. Wanda and Pietro’s parentage even after the retcon has gotten much more play outside the comics in games and even action figure sets.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    A difference there being that such a team would actually have a solid claim to the name and the legacy of the group. I always felt odd about say Brotherhood teams without foundational or key members.

Lorna's story arc with the Acolytes actually is actually quite unique among comic story arcs for long time characters. The blog standard trope of such storylines is protagonist gets sucked in by the wrong crowd, protagonist awakens to crowd being 'bad', protagonist repents his/her ways and seeks redemption. That would have been Wanda and Pietro's Brotherhood story arc, Colossus, or insert any number of characters over the years.

It was the direction certain writers like the one who wrote Dark Seduction wanted to go with Lorna's story arc. But, as a happenstance her story arc with them didn't end there likely because the x-books hadn't brought a certain Summers brother back yet. When she finally returned to the X-Men she was unrepentant and convinced what they had been doing on Genosha was right.

That actually makes the arc completely different then the overwhelming bulk of such stories where the end one can predict from the start as it follows a predetermined comic book formula. I think the big difference was a lot of different writers worked on the story and some of them followed where the story took them instead of using the blog standard comic book formula.
    If Exodus and Frenzy are on the team, they can call themselves the Acolytes and I am perfectly fine with that. All they need next is in an upcoming issue is for Amelia Voght and Briar Raleigh to join the team.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

If Exodus and Frenzy are on the team, they can call themselves the Acolytes and I am perfectly fine with that. All they need next is in an upcoming issue is for Amelia Voght and Briar Raleigh to join the team.
    Lorna as well.

My point was such a team could actually legitimately call itself the Acolytes without the problem a lot of teams have these days of having no real connection to the legacy of such teams. The fan made cover there has received a lot of attention and it’s well justified for three reasons it shows a version of Lorna’s iconic costume that works without the one color problem, Polaris fans have been hard up for good variant covers for Lorna the past year or so, and it’s a pretty good idea.

It would be a team that could deal with legacy issues related to the old mutant divide, Genosha, along with current events on Krakoa.