Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

hi lorna fans. just started watching the gifted and I really like the show. do you guys like how she is portrayed on the show if you have watched it?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    hi lorna fans. just started watching the gifted and I really like the show. do you guys like how she is portrayed on the show if you have watched it?
    Yeah, I do. I think The Gifted has done a wonderful job bringing Lorna to life. They utilize the best elements of her character form over the years, and have ignored her lower points. I've been very happy with how they've used her in their universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Yeah, I do. I think The Gifted has done a wonderful job bringing Lorna to life. They utilize the best elements of her character form over the years, and have ignored her lower points. I've been very happy with how they've used her in their universe.
    what do you think about her having a baby? and I will say it's cool that they are showing her be a powerhouse. how accurate is the show to her portrayal in the comic as well?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

what do you think about her having a baby? and I will say it's cool that they are showing her be a powerhouse. how accurate is the show to her portrayal in the comic as well?
    I thought the baby was cute, but I was overall kinda meh on it. I do like how they used the child as a way to have Lorna reflect on her own past, and relationship with her father. Yeah, I've enjoyed how they've used her powers throughout the seasons. She really does feel like a powerhouse on this show. As for the comics, Lorna's portrayal seems to differ form writer to writer. A number of the elements present in the show can be found throughout Polaris' history, but she isn't written as consistently in the comics as she is in the show. I think the show uses her in a way that maximizes her potential as a character.

Ultimate Member

I'm just going to guess that most here would be fine with comic Lorna having a kid as long as Alex wasn't the father...except for me obviously...

The only things I'll say at this juncture are that the version of her on the show has shown enough to reveal Marvel's been wrong to keep her buried from public knowledge all this time, but it's missing key facets of who she is and what she offers that mean it doesn't actually reach her true potential.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm just going to guess that most here would be fine with comic Lorna having a kid as long as Alex wasn't the father...except for me obviously...
    Just as Lorna shouldn't get married any time soon, she also shouldn't have a child any time soon with anyone. I think this is something a majority of comic Lorna fans agree on. Though of course, I haven't polled every single fan to get their views.

Lorna needs to be allowed to have her own character explored and her value demonstrated first. Marrying her off, giving her a child, those things limit her without giving her a proper chance to show who she is so those relationships can be done right.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Just as Lorna shouldn't get married any time soon, she also shouldn't have a child any time soon with anyone. I think this is something a majority of comic Lorna fans agree on. Though of course, I haven't polled every single fan to get their views.
    I agree, with her backstory of mental issues what we don't need is a Baby blues Lorna!

I don't want Lorna to have a kid with anyone. Cosmic rings or whoever else doesn't change that. That isn't something I ever really want to see happen in the comics with Polaris.

Ultimate Member

I didn't say that you'd want her to have a kid only that many here would be fine with it if she did, I just don't think that most fans here will ever agree with how much is enough when dealing with developing her character when compared to what would truly be allowed in the comics, Lorna getting development would be fine and all but given how short runs are I wouldn't expect to much of it given that in such a short run a writer would probably want to hit other topics and such with her whether Alex played any part in it or not...but given the situation with Wand and Pietro until they become his kids again any kid that Lorna had would be Magneto's one and only grandkid and to me Alex would make the most sense, though the kid would have more his powers as so far all Summers kids always seem to have their mothers powers...

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I thought the baby was cute, but I was overall kinda meh on it. I do like how they used the child as a way to have Lorna reflect on her own past, and relationship with her father. Yeah, I've enjoyed how they've used her powers throughout the seasons. She really does feel like a powerhouse on this show. As for the comics, Lorna's portrayal seems to differ form writer to writer. A number of the elements present in the show can be found throughout Polaris' history, but she isn't written as consistently in the comics as she is in the show. I think the show uses her in a way that maximizes her potential as a character.

I actually liked that aspect of the child as well understanding why magneto chose to leave her when she was a young girl. I thought that was a nice moment. and I was mentioning in another thread that had the movies been like this show I probably would have enjoyed them more. the characters are get pretty good development and though I know the van struckers are central to story but they dont get all the shine. it seems to be one of those things the movie got right over the comic .

The only things I'll say at this juncture are that the version of her on the show has shown enough to reveal Marvel's been wrong to keep her buried from public knowledge all this time, but it's missing key facets of who she is and what she offers that mean it doesn't actually reach her true potential.

Lorna needs to be allowed to have her own character explored and her value demonstrated first. Marrying her off, giving her a child, those things limit her without giving her a proper chance to show who she is so those relationships can be done right.
    yea the show did a great job showing how complex of a character she is. what missing facets do u rhink tre show is missing?

I didn't say that you'd want her to have a kid only that many here would be fine with it if she did,
    I don't think so.

I just don't think that most fans here will ever agree with how much is enough when dealing with developing her character when compared to what would truly be allowed in the comics
    She has decades to make up for. Marvel can't do a token appearance and then throw her into limbo for two years without complaints.

Lorna getting development would be fine and all but given how short runs are I wouldn't expect to much of it given that in such a short run
    So you're saying she not only deserves, but requires a full-fledged solo book, then. If a) you think she needs more development, but b) runs of a regularly ongoing are too short for that to happen, then that means c) she needs every issue to focus specifically on her. Meaning solo.

As already established, a kid forced on Lorna at this stage is a no-go. If she got the same use and respect as characters like Jean, Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops, Emma Frost, myriad other characters for several decades, then it would be a whole other story. But Marvel hasn't really been using her for most of her history. So it doesn't work.

Here's the simple facts. Marvel doesn't know Lorna well enough. For Lorna to have a child, Marvel needs to know who she is so they know what kind of legacy she can pass on to her child. Any kind of story that attempts to give her a child before they understand what she has to offer would suck. The child would probably last for one story or one run and then disappear like it never happened, because there would be nothing of value to anchor it to her.

I mean. Hell. When was the last time Marvel used Psionics? Not even Bunn used her when writing Blue, despite doing all sorts of AU stuff and how he might've used her for Magneto.

Last edited by salarta; 01-06-2019 at 09:55 PM.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

BANNED

Of Magneto's three children, the only one yet to have a child is Polaris. I have no problem with her having a child.

I love how it was done in the show, and how she was forced to step into her father's place and also put Dawn in the care of Aunt Dane.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Of Magneto's three children, the only one yet to have a child is Polaris. I have no problem with her having a child.

I love how it was done in the show, and how she was forced to step into her father's place and also put Dawn in the care of Aunt Dane.
    agreed it was really well done. I've enjoyed the writing and storyline very much.

yea the show did a great job showing how complex of a character she is. what missing facets do u rhink tre show is missing?
    I'd rather not go much into it here. I want to wait until I see what will happen to the show after this season. I could via DMs or other places.

I'd rather not go much into it here. I want to wait until I see what will happen to the show after this season. I could via DMs or other places.
    sure thing please send your points when u can