Page 18 of 92 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Yeah, I really liked that costume on the cover. A nice update of her original costume. Maybe we'll get to see more of it in a flashback or something.

BANNED

Well, Lorna's now up against Ororo (as I thought she probably would be), and likely gonna lose BUT... we must do what we can: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...nament-Round-5

I was pleased to see that the Magnus sibs 3, all made it thus far in the comp tho, to be sure.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Despite not getting a lot of characterization or focus in issue 1, she looked really cool (mopey, indifferent, "above it all" which suits her IMO) and appears to be the key to resolving this book's plot along with Bishop.

LOVE the art, so much creativity with all those mutant prisoners and how they are different in this reality.

Interesting stuff with Shadow King tormenting Bishop while he sleeps.

Looking forward to what Polaris gets up to as this book goes on.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Was the Pestilence memory glitch Bishop's...

... or Polaris'? Was all the green in the background supposed to be just her powers, or a reflection of Lorna's mindscape...

I'm torn about that scene. Part of me thinks, and still believes, that its Bishop remembering that. Seeing as how this issue, and I believe the series is from his POV. However, we saw that Dani remembered things about her past life, and perhaps Polaris does as well, and has some sort of identity crisis. So I could see when Bishop calls her by Polaris, she remembers be called something else (mind you it was briefly, but still) in another life, and that brings up the flash of Pestilence. I mean the story does imply there are parallels between Lorna and Bishop (talking to themselves, and seeing people that aren't there), so it could have very well been Lorna.

The mystery and speculation makes this story exciting. I'm sure we'll get the answers eventually.

Why would Lorna be thinking or asking herself "Or Pestilence" though, it clearly must be Bishop

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Why would Lorna be thinking or asking herself "Or Pestilence" though, it clearly must be Bishop
    yeah it doesnt make sense to be Lorna. Bishop looks directly at her and says "Polaris?' and the flash has the narration "Or Pestilence?" It only makes sense that the words came from the first person

BANNED

Why would Lorna be thinking or asking herself "Or Pestilence" though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yeah it doesnt make sense to be Lorna. ...
    Why wouldn't she & sure it could, because:

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    ... we saw that Dani remembered things about her past life, and perhaps Polaris does as well, and has some sort of identity crisis. So I could see when Bishop calls her by Polaris, she remembers be called something else (mind you it was briefly, but still) in another life, and that brings up the flash of Pestilence. I mean the story does imply there are parallels between Lorna and Bishop (talking to themselves, and seeing people that aren't there), so it could have very well been Lorna. ...
    Also, he asks her right afterward if like him, she sees things. And then Moonstar says she's having a bad day.

BUT, a previously unnoticed visual cue points to it probably bein' Bishop. Note in the panel where he says Polaris, what kinda looks like her green EM energy effect, suddenly surrounding him.

She hadn't said anything UNLIKE Moonstar, she seems "in a daze" in issue 1. She wouldn't just randomly think "or Pestilence" out of nowhere... and that is a sentence fragment which makes a lot more sense coming out of Bishop given what he was just thinking

OBEY

BANNED

She hadn't said anything UNLIKE Moonstar, she seems "in a daze" in issue 1. She wouldn't just randomly think "or Pestilence" out of nowhere...
    IDK, being "in a daze" & having random, even disturbing thoughts, doesn't seem that far apart to me. Moonstar sees herself as both Mirage, and Valkyrie. Bishop's memory flashes also varied, and were scattered, without much rhyme or reason.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lunabelle0 View Post
    https://ew.com/tv/2019/03/01/the-gif...to-legacy/amp/

What Emma says about Lorna is really my general feelings about what happened in The Gifted. Also, we definitely need more leader Lorna in any medium...
    I agree. Though I would have loved for Polaris to take Reeva out, I'm perfectly happy they gave Reed a heroic sacrifice and he did took out Reeva.

I too would love to see Polaris go full on Magneto. But the wonderful ending of Gifted means it's easy to just incorporate them into the broader Marvel Universe.

Because not only do I want to see Polaris go full on Magneto power wise, I want to see her meet her father Magneto and his Sister the Scarlet Witch. I'd like Esme and her sisters to meet Emma Frost.

I think one reason they didn't make Polaris run the Inner Circle this season is because the merger was happening and it was more important to preserve Lorna as a hero.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    ... the wonderful ending of Gifted means it's easy to just incorporate them into the broader Marvel Universe. ...

... to see her meet her... Sister the Scarlet Witch. ...

I think one reason they didn't make Polaris run the Inner Circle this season is because the merger was happening and it was more important to preserve Lorna as a hero.
    I've surmised similar possibilities, but only time will tell if it's here we come, where Disney's streaming services are concerned.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I've surmised similar possibilities, but only time will tell if it's here we come, where Disney's streaming services are concerned.
    We don’t to wait long to find out. The merger will close any day and they have already named people to their posts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    We don’t to wait long to find out. The merger will close any day and they have already named people to their posts.
    Lookin' forward to what'll hopefully be a veritable FLOOD of announcements.

Women of the X-Universe, with Polaris in the corner, by Peter V Nguyen.

Link:

https://www.deviantart.com/peter-v-n...erse-789410089

http://petervnguyen.tumblr.com/post/...up-in-my-books

He posted it on his Instagram as well, along with the WIP leading to the finished product.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 03-13-2019 at 03:17 PM.