Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Default Polaris: Lorna Dane Appreciation 2019

Welcome, to Lorna Dane AKA Polaris' appreciation thread! This is Lorna's third appreciation thread, with the previous two being closed.

Name: Lorna Sally Dane
    Debut: X-Men #49 (October 1968)
    Powers: Electromagnetic Manipulation

Uncanny X-Men's Spotlight:

https://uncannyxmen.net/characters/polaris

Other Media:

The Gifted. Currently in its second season, The Gifted is an X-Men based TV show, where Lorna has made her live action debut. Portrayed by Emma Dumont, Polaris was recruited to lead the Mutant Underground, before leaving to join the Inner Circle.

Wolverine and The X-Men.

Summary from Wikipedia:

Polaris appears in the animated series Wolverine and the X-Men, voiced by Liza del Mundo. She had a very close relationship with her father on Genosha. In the future during the episode "Badlands", Polaris was the sole survivor after Genosha was destroyed thanks to Magneto's last-minute attempt to save her. In the present, she forms a brief attraction to Gambit when he tries to steal Magneto's helmet as part of a larger plot, though he later ends their relationship, causing her to angrily leave him stranded out at sea (causing Gambit to remark that she has her father's power and her sister's temper). In the episode "Foresight" Pt. 3, her future self assists in the X-Men's fight against Master Mold, but Master Mold proves too powerful for them to defeat. However, in light of the X-Men in the past's intervention, the Sentinel-run world is avoided. Back in the present Polaris later turns her back on her father and watches him get banished as Scarlet Witch has Blink teleport Magneto and Quicksilver away.
    X-Men: The Animated series

Summary from Wikipedia:

Polaris appears in the animated television series X-Men, voiced by Terri Hawkes. In the episode "Cold Comfort", she is a member of X-Factor. Polaris had been a member of the X-Men alongside her boyfriend Iceman, though they eventually left to pursue a normal life. However, Polaris left Iceman and became a member of X-Factor and fell in love with Havok. She returns in the final season to help battle the Phalanx. Polaris also makes a brief cameo during the two-part episode "Sanctuary".
    Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polaris_(comics)

Previous Appreciation Threads:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...S-Appreciation

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2018
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 12-29-2019 at 11:33 AM.

BANNED

Default Lorna Dane: POLARIS Appreciation 2019

Less about where the character's been:

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    ... AGE OF X-MAN: PRISONER X #1 (of 5)
    VITA AYALA (W) • GERMAN PERALTA (A) • Cover by PATCH ZIRCHER
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    SECRET VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY Inhyuk Lee
    ENTER THE AGE OF X-MAN!
    In the Age of X-Man, when you break the law, you aren’t sent to just any prison. You’re sent to the Danger Room…a penitentiary filled with the roughest and meanest mutants that don’t fit into X-Man’s utopia. They each have a reason for being there. And they’re all ready to kill each other. But that’s about to change, because the newest prisoner just arrived…Lucas Bishop!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99...
    Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

Upcoming cover featuring Polaris by Patch Zircher, no doubt part of Prisoner X...

DenOfGeek.com, The Gifted Season 2 Episode 10 Return Date, Trailer, and Details
    ... The Gifted Season 2 Episode 10: eneMy of My eneMy

The Mutant Underground wrestles with the idea of recruiting the Inner Circle to assist them. Andy considers reconnecting with his family when he learns about his father's powers, but Lauren may not be as willing to have him back as their parents. Find out if the Mutant Underground and Inner Circle will be able to put their differences aside in order to save John from the Purifiers.

airdate: 1/1/19...

... and more about where she's goin'! 8D
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-01-2019 at 10:44 AM.

BANNED

My bad, Soulsword, I didn't catch yours before I started & posted mine. The mods will have to merge them. If ya want, I added the following for Thread Tags, to mine: gifted, lorna dane, marvel, polaris, x-men

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    My bad, Soulsword, I didn't catch yours before I started & posted mine. The mods will have to merge them. If ya want, I added the following for Thread Tags, to mine: gifted, lorna dane, marvel, polaris, x-men
    That's fine! Mods can just merge them together. I added those tags to mine as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    That's fine! Mods can just merge them together. I added those tags to mine as well.
    Cool, and thanX! Would you mind if the title became Lorna Dane: POLARIS Appreciation 2019, when they do?

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Cool, and thanX! Would you mind if the title became Lorna Dane: POLARIS Appreciation 2019, when they do?
    Yeah, I'm fine with the name change. Is that the way its supposed to be? I wasn't sure when I started this one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Yeah, I'm fine with the name change. Is that the way its supposed to be? I wasn't sure when I started this one.
    ThanX again!! Yeah, I guess, tho I'm not sure how much it matters. And eXcept for POLARIS bein' in all caps, that's just a personal flourish I added. Which I'm not sure they'd abide by, anyway.