Page 87 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1371

The Disassembled/AOXM/Rosencanny/Brisson-Force era was absolutely done with the intent of Hickman following it right up. By then, Hickman already shared his plans with JDW and the rumor was already being spread around that he would be taking over.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Classic art by Joe Quesada from X-Factor #87 (February, 1993).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Do you guys really believe that though? It seems unlikely as hell to me but I guess maybe. We need some threads where reader analyze how that could "make sense" like what the "purpose" of stuff that happened recently could be in terms of leading into Dawn of X.
    Yes, I believe for the most part the paths that characters are on now, were started way back in the ResurrXion era. From Blue thru to AoXM Omega:

… then HoX/PoX & now DoX, we've seen the relationship with & guidance of her paternal figure, become an...

... ever-increasing presence, in Polaris' ongoing story.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 11-30-2019 at 05:00 AM.

BANNED

As per this week's XF #2:

looks like Lorna could be taking part in a new, daily duty, due to an initiative enacted by the QC, in response to the MAJOR losses Krakoa recently suffered.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

That's what I thought of as well when I read that. Polaris, Magneto, and perhaps Bedlam, are the ones creating the EMP.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 11-29-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    That's what I though as well when I read that. Polaris, Magneto, and perhaps Bedlam, are the ones creating the EMP.
    I saw Siena Blaze alive in issue #1 of X-Force, she can unleash an EMP as well. I think there is one other mutant I am blanking on as well besides Joseph. Well, it is something she could possibly do on Krakoa.

Anyway.

Link
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-29-2019 at 09:56 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

That's pretty jmc thanks

As far as Lorna doing a daily EMP well alright but that isn't really drama or character work
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Art.

And some early art from PoX and later art.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GermnPera...61881037123586
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-30-2019 at 06:25 AM.

BANNED

Like minds & all that, Soulsword. We always seem to be on the same page pretty much, more often than not, and I take comfort in that.

It's only a potential development for Polaris, AbNormal, given its nature. One that just might... lead to some drama & character work, if & when it's eXpanded upon, and she plays a part in that.

I agree, that's a pretty pic, JMC. And I suspect we could learn what Lorna's larger role will be in the grand scheme of things, once the Krakoan inner workings are further defined, and delved into much deeper. Specifically speaking, an eXploration of the House of M locale, and how this version is structured & operates. It seems intuitive, that the task of releasing an EMP daily, could be centralized & originate from there.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Art.

The moments that make her crazy

Fighting her friends, the X-men
    Fighting her father, Magneto
    Fighting mutant hunting sentinels
    Being brainwashed by Erik the Red

and loving Alex....lol

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Yeah I actually like the "rough sketching" more it feels like it brings out emotional states and all that better, the final version feels a little too polished and somehow dulls the energy or original intent

The bottom right and top left are probably the best-looking of the flashback panels

And idk if these are events that make her crazy it's more just important parts of her life she suddenly remembers (if salarta was here he would point out no Genosha is absurd and I agree with that, plus there could be a panel showing Lorna fighting Havok at their wedding). I definitely appreciated them showing her fight against XMen, alongside her dad, as well as confront her dad. So it showed some nuance. And yeah she was clearly controlled by Erik the Red but her costume was "on point" for sure.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I saw Siena Blaze alive in issue #1 of X-Force, she can unleash an EMP as well. I think there is one other mutant I am blanking on as well besides Joseph. Well, it is something she could possibly do on Krakoa.

Anyway.
    I forgot about Siena! Yeah, she's probably helping with that as well.

Their art was so good! This spread in particular was really well done with showcasing Lorna's 616 and AOX lives.

I think its interesting how the Lorna/Alex scene originally depicted them with their current uniforms, and then changed to their 90s costumes. At least for Polaris.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 11-30-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Ultimate Member

That was Alex's costume in the 90's and him being included I think was far more that in that new reality that Lorna knew something wasn't right and remembered something from the 616 verse and so probably made her think that she was crazy, memories of two different realities in her head and she didn't know which was real and such...and she won't always be so close to Magneto, she'll be against him eventually just like Wanda and Pietro have been over the years, and Alex won't have to have anything at all to do with it, and I'm sure that when that time comes however far off in the future it is that many here won't gnash their teeth and scream bloody murder about it daily...

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    And idk if these are events that make her crazy it's more just important parts of her life she suddenly remembers (if salarta was here he would point out no Genosha is absurd and I agree with that, plus there could be a panel showing Lorna fighting Havok at their wedding).
    My reading of their intention was to show she is dealing with two sets of memories and separate the important events for the audience to know about the character. For the 616 universe they were in no order.

1. Love life
    2. Family life
    3. Mind controlled a lot

Reading the comics the past decade and a half that has been the big three for the character. In the 2000-2005 era the three big ideas ideas included

1. Love life
    2. Family life
    3. Genosha and its fallout

The third idea is supposed to spice up the other two big ideas and make her interaction with characters something that interests people. I am not a fan of mind control pathos because I don't think it does any of those things.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-01-2019 at 10:32 AM.