Page 46 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Lorna and Wanda by ssminos

by speedstercore

This last one...

is by thenewdirty. This is a version I cropped. I'm not linking to it because it's NSFW, but trust those who want to see it and have seen similar before know where to look.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Awe, Lorna gets some family time with her Dad! I loved that it's implied they regularly spend time together.

It was heavily for narration, but I don't mind as this was about the big revel those following the series have been waiting months for. Lorna's voice had a bit of an enigmatic quality to it though so far it comes off a bit of a composite of the 60s meets the 00s which so far I am happy with.

I long guessed there would be a new dawn with certain characters with their coming rebirth in the MCU. Better a soft reset then a hard one.

There were some interesting parallels I felt with Jean in this issue like a flower in Spring and to Lorna in New X-Men 132 and I will leave it at that without getting into spoilers.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-18-2019 at 05:23 AM.

BANNED

The Lorna this week is basically the only kind of Lorna I'm interested in seeing at this point.

BANNED

December solicits for X-Men indicate a Savage Land adventure and the return of a 'surprising' villain. Lorna is ascendent this week and Hickman has indicated she will be seen in X-Men soon.

Dare I hope for proper closure on the nagging Zaladane/Lorna "Dane Curse" plot thread that has eaten at me for decades?

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Was so excited to see Polaris in today's House of X. A pleasant surprise, and some very nice moments with her father. Really enjoyed her comments about humans.

Larraz does a wonderful Lorna!

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    December solicits for X-Men indicate a Savage Land adventure and the return of a 'surprising' villain. Lorna is ascendent this week and Hickman has indicated she will be seen in X-Men soon.

Dare I hope for proper closure on the nagging Zaladane/Lorna "Dane Curse" plot thread that has eaten at me for decades?
    Hickman does seem to be going back and tying up old storyline threads, or intending to, so I wouldn't be surprised if they revisit the old Lorna and Zaladane story.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

PolarisHox5.jpg

BANNED

A dream come true

Her appearence was quite well done and I felt it was in keeping with her original conception. The line about humanity will be helpful in differentiating her from the mainline X-Men when invariable conflicts and schisms arise. I have the feeling that Xavier's Faustian bargain will come back to haunt them all. Some I suspect in time will be reveled to have been 'influenced' to be there and some there of their own volition. For Lorna its slightly towards the fringe of her past worldview, but that is actually a plus. It could give the character something to struggle with and enable her to stand out. We will have to wait and see.

This is the apex of unity among the mutants before the obvious schisms develop and cracks start. Unless they are all straight up brainwashed which I wouldn't prefer, hopefully this sets a guide post for how disagreements could come about.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Hickman does seem to be going back and tying up old storyline threads, or intending to, so I wouldn't be surprised if they revisit the old Lorna and Zaladane story.
    There wasn't much of a story to it at least for Lorna outside the supposed revel and taking her powers. The character was a foil for Magneto though in one of his most important stories of that era. She was sort of of an old school even more insane 1960s female version of Mags and he in his thought bubbles made that point at the time. While I can see some potential in the storyline I also don't want it to fall into Vulcan 2.0 or Luminous 2.0 and for those who read Uncanny Avengers post Axis retcon they know what I am talking about. I am waiting for the Axis retcon to come down and for the HoM to be put back together even if it takes another half decade I believe it will in time.

That said Lorna does need a rogues gallery to call her own. A smattering of humans and mutants. I generally believe the underlying themes of the rogues gallery that Claremont and others created for Magneto also works for Lorna. The old friend you some times have major disagreements with is a position she needs filled and there is only one character I only ever felt works there.

Then there is a possible role for the character you don't particularly like, but lets just say views dovetail your own. That is more an open question. She could also use a human antagonist, perhaps someone she wronged or suffered because of one of her actions (and I mean her own volitional actions) and she has been in some deadly battles and major wars. She needs a straight up mutant antagonist to round it out. Cassandra Nova isn't a mutant, but also could justifiably fit the final role as could a few others.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-18-2019 at 09:40 AM.

BANNED

It's not the House of M but mutants are back on top and Magneto and Princess Lorna are enjoying the fruits of labor and a job well done. But with Mr. Sinister around, you never know what the real finish line is.

I am admittedly surprised that she appeared at all, given everything up til now. I wonder what the turn-around time is from script to art to publish.

I'll need to see more of her usage before I can make any solid remarks. So far I've only seen half a page.

spoilers:
    But based on that half page and what others have said, I can put down some subject-to-change comments.

Magneto talking to Lorna about primitive humans as nomads was good. Big improvement from a couple years ago when Lorna was written as shocked by a surprise attack so Magneto could mansplain about surprise attacks. Lorna not knowing about the cloning process suggests, to me, that she's never been through it - meaning she hasn't died and been cloned at least with this process. I assume Lorna having launched Krakoa into space didn't come up, which in the broader narrative sense I understand not delving into it with limited panel time, but in the direct character sense I have to wonder why not.

Lastly, attitude toward humans. I'll need to see more. All I have right now is "Humans. Is there any good in them?" Which depending on interpretation, could be seen as generalized hate of all humans, or as a sarcastic remark denoting how disappointed she is in their history even as she's tried to help and nurture the best of them. Lorna's complex given her history, so the extremes of blind love or blind hate of all humans with rare exceptions wouldn't match who she is barring a new major event for her. If Hickman's as good as people say, I expect his writing will reveal her views are more complex than "humans bad." But I'll only know when I see more material.
    end of spoilers

On that note, new cosplay picture. I can't find original source. It was posted to Tumblr without the source, and reverse image searches pulled up nothing. I haven't checked instagram, so maybe it's there.

Last edited by salarta; 09-18-2019 at 09:01 AM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    PolarisHox5.jpg
    Page pic

https://www.newsarama.com/47002-hous...-spoilers.html

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Awwe, I loved seeing Erik with his daughter. I like that he trusts her more than anyone he actually takes his helmet off when he is with his daughter.