I've been thinking about comments/posts I've received from various people lately. Not just here, but in multiple places.

Up til now, I've taken peoples' words for it if I don't have direct firsthand knowledge. But I realize now that this is a mistake. Some people may think of things one way, but if I were to see the source, I'd see it very differently. This can be simply down to how we would each interpret the info. It could be taking certain info as the whole story, not considering other pieces that could be missing. Lots of possibilities. Meanwhile, other people (nobody in this thread so far) could depend on me not seeing/listening to every interview or reading the books to claim something's been said or shown that really hasn't. I've seen the things some people do for their fandom, especially when hyped up.

An innocent example being when I ran into Resident Evil 5 fans who acted like Jill Valentine "had" to be left behind in the story because of the way P30 worked, as if the writers weren't the ones who made P30 and decided how it worked. If I didn't know P30 was introduced with RE5, I could've assumed it was created pre-RE5 and agreed with them on how Jill was treated in the game.

All this to say that going forward, I'm not going to just take someone's word for it as my default anymore. I'm going to rely more on expecting to see proof if I'm told it exists and what I've been told doesn't quite match my personal experiences/observations. I've shown/linked to pages, panels, websites, etc to make my case when needed in the past, so I'll expect other people can do the same if I'm wrong on something and they want to set the record straight. With that, I'm moving forward to other topics for the thread.