Page 78 of 92 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1371
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'd love to see more Polaris and Mystique, but I'm biased as I love both. I think someone said Vita is a big fan of Raven, so perhaps we can see her and Lorna together again on a team one day.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I really love what we've seen of Polaris so far in this new era I don't know I just really like the focus of her relationships with Magneto and the Summer family and the fact that she has an open invitation to join them on the moon but wants to figure her **** out first.

I'm actually kind of happy that Wanda and Pietro are no longer Magneto's kids the means to focus goes straight to Polaris which I think is appropriate because she was always the better child out of the three.
    I agree. Though I do want to see Polaris on her own too.

I will be honest 1990s Lorna had too weak a voice and too little edge to make her interaction with Mystique truly work in the 90s. They realized the straight women contrasted to flamboyant women routine worked, but Lorna was written as too much a mother hen character back then which is why I suspect their interaction didn't take off and wasn't long remembered.

The straight man/flamboyant woman routine used by Singer in his films between Mags and Mystique worked far better because each brought a different kind of gravitas to the table in the scenes they were in. I actually think their interaction would work much better today then it ever worked back then then assuming you had a writer who was willing to give Lorna her modern edge.

Anyway...

The sales are in for X-Men #1 and its official its the best selling first run print of a comic Lorna has been on in the last quarter century beating out AvX, HoM and HoX. The numbers don't include reprints that are coming up nor digital copies which make up about a quarter of modern comic sales from what Marvel has put out.

X-MEN #1 $4.99 MAR 255,724
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-11-2019 at 11:07 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    … And good choices for your images Heroine Addict I like all of those too
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Welcome back Heroine Addict. Its good to see you around here again. …
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Welcome back, Heroine Addict!
    Thank you one & all, it's good to be back, and join in the revelry that HoX/PoX & DoX has rightfully generated.

… What did you think of Lorna in under Hickman and Vita?...
    Well, in the words of a fellow fan:

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I really love what we've seen of Polaris so far in this new era I don't know I just really like the focus of her relationships with Magneto and the Summer family and the fact that she has an open invitation to join them on the moon but wants to figure her **** out first. ...
    … For me I felt Vita's Lorna had the edge that Blue's Lorna was sorely lacking outside a scene or two even though there wasn't enough time to get a deeper sense of the character. Hickman's Lorna has the cynicism we haven't seen in the comics for Lorna since Austen left. ...
    With Prisoner X, I really liked that with #3 & through to #5 Vita showed Lorna unrestrained, both literally AND figuratively. And how she perseveres, no matter the circumstances, with that signature tenacity & resilience she calls upon. I also LOVED her interactions with Dani, and the easy rapport that was demonstrated between them, as it seemed so natural & effortless in its flow. Bishop too, and how he came across with her most the time, as a coach trying to motivate his star player. I was most pleased overall, with her portrayal in AoXM.

With Hickman's revitalization ;D, I like how she has some nagging reservations, and is questioning everything. Humankind & their apparent lack of redeeming qualities, the ethics & integrity of the resurrections, and none other than the concept & aim of Krakoa itself. She seems to be viewing things with a somewhat skeptical eye. I've also gotten the impression Hickman has some interest in depicting her, as he seems to be featuring her fairly prominently. In fact...

… The sales are in for X-Men #1 and its official its the best selling first run print of a comic Lorna has been on in the last quarter century beating out AvX, HoM and HoX. The numbers don't include reprints that are coming up nor digital copies which make up about a quarter of modern comic sales from what Marvel has put out.

X-MEN #1 $4.99 MAR 255,724

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-about-x-men-1
    Polaris

Lorna Dane has become very close to her father, Magneto, since rejoining the X-Men in Krakoa. There’s certainly a lot that Polaris can learn from her dad, but she may be keeping her ex, Havok, at a distance.
    And I believe we can all relate to what this reviewer has to say about our girl:

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Hello Polaris Fans, Been Awhile, well to much of Awhile since I posted on Polaris's Thread since maybe the 2018 Thread.

So might know me but many likely don't, It is good to talk to all of you again especially after all the Positive Usage Polaris is getting out of the House of X and Powers of X storyline and Post Story's. It is good to see her at the front of the X-Men once again and that as well as the invite of a good friend of Mine Jmc247 Made me want to come back and start posting again when I can!

Good to talk to you all again and I have been REALLY Loving the House and Powers of X Story-lines and post story-lines and I have been collecting as many of the comics as I can, So Good on the series and the Usage of Polaris so much as well! 8)
    Hi CJ! ThanX for the warm greeting & well wishes!!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 11-11-2019 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Thank you one & all, it's good to be back, and join in the revelry that HoX/PoX & DoX has rightfully generated.
    Welcome Back!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

X-Men Reload will be reprinted next June. That means Lorna's iconic Uncanny X-Men 443 will be reprinted along with Lorna's final two arcs of New X-Men in 2004.

Out of the blockbuster NEW X-MEN finale, the X-Men reload for an astonishing new era! But with Jean Grey dead and the school in ruins, how will the X-Men move on? Professor X departs for Genosha as Cyclops and Emma Frost find themselves at a crossroads. Should the Xavier Institute be rebuilt? And what will become of their blossoming relationship? Plus, a Shakespearean saga of two star-crossed lovers - one a mutant and the other a human! The return of Xorn! A surprise twist for Gambit! And the Juggernaut officially joins the X-Men - but if he's truly as reformed as he seems, why is he still in touch with the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants? Experience the final act in Cain Marko's difficult journey to heroism!

COLLECTING: UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) 437-443, NEW X-MEN (2001) 155-156, X-MEN (1991) 157-164

https://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Reload-...s=books&sr=1-8

On the other topic. Lorna questioning things is fine, but she does need to believe in something. I don't think Lorna's has believed in anything really since as she said she started to believe in the dream of Genosha and those dreams turned into ash and a mass grave and then her dreams of a nice married life exploded when her fiancé got cold feet.

I haven't felt she was fully committed to anything for a long time. She more or less hung around for the space arc because a certain someone wanted first to resolve things with his brother then get payback on him not because she really cared who ruled the Shi'ar. Then her stint on X-Factor Investigations and ANXF felt she was simply listless and trying to find something to do and prove to herself she had worth and could lead something without her ex or dad.

Then she finds out Havok is inverted and wants to save him and spends a year trying to do that, but doesn't want to get back together with him. Lorna hanging out with her father is sort of being treated in part as an avoidance response to joining the Summers habitat. But, what I really would like to know what Lorna is actually doing and would like her to believe in something again and fight for that belief.

I think Lorna really throughout her history suffered from a vast overemphasis on who Lorna believed in not what she believed in. I am not sure she will shake that until she has a mission and believes in something over someone again. Magneto has a dream, Scott has a dream, even her ex has had a number of dreams, but does Lorna have a dream?

Its this area that I very much sympathize with those arguing vocally and at times I have certainly felt too aggressively she should have a solo title, I would be delighted with any ongoing that isn't too crowded as long as its well written and she has a dream and goal that fits the character instead of a the typical following someone else's dream without really believing in it herself.

Lorna is at her best in the brief periods when she has a purpose and she won't let anything or anyone stand in the way of that purpose. Lorna worked so well in Prisoner of X because she had a mission objective and heaven nor Earth would stop her from reaching that objective. The only thing better then Lorna fully committed to a mission objective is her fully committed to an overarching goal she believes in.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-13-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Today minicameo Polaris in History of The Universe Marvel 5 in House of M page

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Cool. Nice that Lorna was included. Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thanks, juan, at least she was included in this House of M flashback even if she wasn't in the Marvel 1000 House of M flashback page or the Marvel.com animated short on the event.

I will say in terms of House of M the main story I am not unaware of the problem in the grand scheme of things of her being superfluous to the main story (though she had some really good stories in the minis spun out of it). The same could be said in regard to House of X main story though she had a bit more depth in HoX main story then the main HoM title.

The real question today comes in how does House of X launch the character. I do think she was originally intended to be on the Marauders and that script was a sign as was the Every Mutant Ever covers which with only a few variations (like Emma on a different cover) pretty much nailed who would be in what book.

I actually don't mind if Duggan does include her with #6 as long as her antagonist role isn't along 70s/80s guidelines of Lorna mentally enslaved and used to show off the prowess of other characters at her expense. Lorna has interests on Madripoor left over from X-Men Blue and I can think of a half dozen ways of the top of my head ways she could be operating in such a way behind the scenes to get things done that leads to conflict with the main team without the mind control trope.

There really is only one good way to create interesting conflict between Lorna and other mainstay mutants and it isn't love/loyalty triangles, insanity, or mental enslavement. Though it takes effort and not plot devices.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I still think the problem is Emma is like an A-lister and known as the morally grey female X-character while Lorna is B or even C list right now and if fans think of her at all (which they largely don't) it's like "Oh yeah she used to be with Havok" or "I heard she might be Magneto's daughter? Didn't that keep changing" those are the most typical responses I've heard about her. So trying to get Lorna and Emma into this grand duo would feel artificial or forced to a lot of Emma fans probably. Esme Cuckoo would work of course though but then we get the issue that Esme is literally a derivative of Emma and it might bring Lorna's stature down some to pair her or bounce her off of Esme (plus that's exactly copying the show then , probably should mix it up some more).
    Lorna and Esme wouldn't work in the context of the comics. One is a teenager the other is the second x-woman and a genocide survivor in her 30s who has led teams and even armies. The Gifted had a different history to both characters which allowed it to work great in the first season. Think of what could have been if they didn’t gut both characters in season 2, well at least the show gave us a good first season and Emma Dumont.

As much as you talk about lists Lorna was a contemporary of an era well before Emma Frost was created.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-15-2019 at 04:15 AM.

Happy 25th Birthday Emma Dumont!!!!

I hope this Birthday is as happy as your 23rd on the set clearly was.

Thank you for still being so active amongst fans at conventions and online and bringing such energy to fandom.

And, thanks for all the effort you made for your character.

Last edited by jmc247; 11-15-2019 at 03:21 AM.

Thanks Jmc247

History of the Marvel Universe #5

Thanks Jmc247