Page 47 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Awwe, I loved seeing Erik with his daughter. I like that he trusts her more than anyone he actually takes his helmet off when he is with his daughter.
    That is a really good point I hadn't thought of. He very rarely takes that helmet off. It a security blanket underneath huge layers of built up often well justified fears.

I generally thought so far this was a better bridge for Lorna's character from the post Genosha genocide era to today then Blue was. We haven't seen much of her as yet, but the events in this series so far should be bringing up some old PTSD nightmares for her while they attempt to make things right.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    That is a really good point I hadn't thought of. He very rarely takes that helmet off. It a security blanket underneath huge layers of built up often well justified fears.

I generally thought so far this was a better bridge for Lorna's character from the post Genosha genocide era to today then Blue was. We haven't seen much of her as yet, but the events in this series so far should be bringing up some old PTSD nightmares for her while they attempt to make things right.
    She is in the first arc of X-Men, and I am starting to think she might be in the 2nd arc too because of the Savage Land part. I am really curious if she ends up being a regular recurring member for the X-men team.

I hope they bring back Zaladane and tie up that loose end

BANNED

She is in the first arc of X-Men, and I am starting to think she might be in the 2nd arc too because of the Savage Land part. I am really curious if she ends up being a regular recurring member for the X-men team.
    If it's like Hickman's Avengers, everyone is potentially recurring. It rotates because both books have a large roster, the X-Men obviously much moreso.

I am very hopeful re: Zaladane.

I agree on the comment above re: Blue, a mediocre book I didn't care for.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    If it's like Hickman's Avengers, everyone is potentially recurring. It rotates because both books have a large roster, the X-Men obviously much moreso.

I am very hopeful re: Zaladane.

I agree on the comment above re: Blue, a mediocre book I didn't care for.
    Honestly, the best part of Blue was having Lorna join the book, I loved that Erik brought Lorna on to be his "voice of reason" to keep him from going overboard.

BANNED

Honestly, the best part of Blue was having Lorna join the book, I loved that Erik brought Lorna on to be his "voice of reason" to keep him from going overboard.
    I just wasn't impressed with anything in that messy story, Lorna included. She was back to her recurring Green Jean persona which bores me to tears.

The highlight of Lorna in Blue was leading her own team of X-men

Cullen Bunn's work at Marvel was pretty consistent in terms of quality.

But, unfortunately, that quality was usually boring.

Bunn seems like a nice guy so I don't enjoy ragging on him, but I can't think of anything he did for Marvel that didn't feel like filler. Maybe Magneto.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    So gorgeous! A great scene. Hopefully this bodes well for her future with Hickman at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Cullen Bunn's work at Marvel was pretty consistent in terms of quality.

But, unfortunately, that quality was usually boring.

Bunn seems like a nice guy so I don't enjoy ragging on him, but I can't think of anything he did for Marvel that didn't feel like filler. Maybe Magneto.
    Agreed in general. I liked his Magneto, but his Lorna bored me by in large. I don’t like ragging on him or his run either as I think he tried and was a good guy and it had its moments including with Lorna, but it didn’t energize Lorna fandom or open doors for her.

I think Hickman’s Lorna could based on what I have seen so far, but I need to see more. Generally if there is enough philosophical space between herself as the core X-Men I can imagine this Lorna being able to work with them or conflict with them when it warrants.

BANNED

Agreed on Bunn. The Magneto book is decent from what I've read so far, but I've now slogged my way through the hamster wheels that are UXM and Blue and I don't get the hype. Bunncanny XM was at least a kooky book, but the prose and style are largely bog-standard IMO.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I think Hickman’s Lorna could based on what I have seen so far, but I need to see more. Generally if there is enough philosophical space between herself as the core X-Men I can imagine this Lorna being able to work with them or conflict with them when it warrants.
    The thing is, it seems as though the Krakoan nation at large has moved more towards Magneto's and thus Lorna's ethos than not. Their take has a bit more of an overt edge than some, but Scott is a true believer and so is Ororo. And they just welcomed Apocalypse.

On one hand yes mutants are suddenly one big happy family, but disagreements will form over time and the deals Xavier made will have catches.

It won’t be smooth sailing, but will be interesting and it provides opportunities.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-18-2019 at 04:27 PM.

I saw more (thanks juan!) and... there's not really anything else for me to say on the Lorna front. What I've already said still applies.

I have thoughts about the story itself as I saw in those pages, but as always, CBR isn't the place to post them, and there's no need on my part to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    He made improvements in how he wrote Lorna around Magneto after criticism (IMO), but the Havok stuff was still there and a problem. And in all honesty, I don't know how much of that was Bunn's fault, or the fault of editorial above him. Which is why when I complain about it, I just say "Blue" and don't say Bunn.

Lorna leading the team on Blue is something that I heard Bunn didn't really want, but he did because he couldn't use the teen O5. Aside from that, it didn't offset the larger issue of Lorna's treatment in relation to Havok. My view remains that Bunn needed/needs more experience writing female characters with the focus squarely on them, instead of on men while using women around those men.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

I am not a big fan of his work, but apparently Bunn didn't want to write the O5 at all in the first place.

As for not talking about the book, it is a comic book discussion forum but okay