Page 28 of 92 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Someone get me a scan or screenshot of the page. I have a commission in mind.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    I love the build up of them walking to each other...
    Attachment 84642

Attachment 84641
    Attachment 84643
    Thanks Darkgreed

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    If they killed Nate, and some of them wanted to, they also would kill the world nate created who had people as real as the X-men, it was that what stoped them. I thik thatīs a valid reason imo, I donīt think the writers wanted this to be like a normal superhero story but more of a reflection about the X-men place in the world.

Thanks Lucyinthesky

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thanks Darkgreed
    Thanks. Hopefully I'll see a bigger version of the garbage panel at some point.

Also thanks to Lucy for the pages that actually don't suck.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

what comic is that? what age of x man is?
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Thanks. Hopefully I'll see a bigger version of the garbage panel at some point.

Also thanks to Lucy for the pages that actually don't suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I keep forgetting this isn’t a spoiler thread. But I mean, does it matter at this point? Anyway, we know from Dani that everyone who’s died is gonna return but how? I can only imagine that Multiple Man, Astonishing, Dead Souls and other minis were sort of “window dressing”/“faux” character returns and those characters’ real reintroductions will be a part of some massive moment in Hickman’s HOX. That way, we aren’t stuck with “bartender” Jamie or undead Banshee or M-Pox-infected Sunspot (Rosenberg ignored it but still).

So Callahan was just speaking out of his ass and wasn’t even sure if it would kill her or not.

Thanks Tykon

Thanks Tykon
    Thanks; got it saved and will be working with it.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

No problem Juan and Salarta

Thanks Tykon and Juan I have beenn looking for that group shot.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-17-2019 at 09:21 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    wow, I just hope what happened to him doesnt cause her to have another mental breakdown. The one from the 90s was cringeworthy enough to watch
    In the 90s the character only existed for one thing and that happened to be a man. Once he was gone she felt she was nothing and lost her reason to exist.

Unfortunately a lot of nostalgic fans of the 90s are in positions of power right now and think the era was great for her to the level she is getting an X-Factor Havolaris action figure set while she was left out of the Magnus family set. I was a comic fan in the 90s and read her back then. I don’t come with rose colored nostalgia glasses about it either.

Her line in Uncanny of that being all she was there for to say was textbook 90s and it bodes ill for the future if after a quick resurrection they are back on the same book.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm trying to remain hopeful that future writers won't be pulling a "Lorna hiding in an apartment and talking to Alex's suit" again. It was a horrible idea then, and I don't think its anything will be seeing from Hickman (hopefully). It really could depend on who's writing the character during the new lineup of titles post HOX.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    what comic is that? what age of x man is?
    Those images are from Age of X-Man: Omega.

This panel did Lorna dirty. Costume looked horrid. Its not even supposed to have long gloves lol.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

lorna using her powers was cool
    we can be heroes, just for one day

I laughed when Gabby said she doesnt know how to drive a flying car as Lorna took over

So the below garbage was revealed today, to reiterate that Marvel is in fact garbage and they (and Disney by extension) do not deserve any money or support.

Compare to the so-called "family" pack that excludes Lorna.

This is where I'm going to break some goddamn walls. See, Marvel is trying to force this trash because it's catering to their internal nostalgia of fanboying for Havok and imagining everything was gold when they were getting big into Marvel. There are only three groups that think something like this is somehow good: equally nostalgia-obsessed people, Lorna fans who haven't fully seen just how terribly she's been treated around him, and sexists who love to see sexism from bygone eras hold female characters like Lorna back.

Here's what I've seen from people I talk to more regularly, that care about Lorna as her own character. I have to condense these two into one image because of arbitrary CBR limits.

For clarification, the second part of the image is not confirmation of editorial mandate. I talked to her more about it via chat. Rather, the artist's remarks and attitude perfectly matched every single thing we've seen out of everyone else from Marvel. Previously, we've seen things as simple as Gail Simone thinking Lorna couldn't carry a solo, and as specific as Jordan White falsely claiming Lorna doesn't have enough fan presence. To go along with that, this artist called Lorna a "third tier character." He also said, whether exact quote or paraphrase is unknown: "Polaris? That's pretty 90s."

So we have the X-books main editor, a well-known writer, and an artist all echoing the same basic sentiment. They all repeat the same BS line, fueled by bias and spiteful nostalgia, that Lorna is somehow a worthless character - despite the unexpected breakout popularity she gained with Emma Dumont and Gifted. They all seem to think of her as a washed up 90s character, and completely ignore the Genoshan genocide, interest in her building higher and higher in the past decade, and so much else.

And their constant attempts to tear Lorna down and reduce her to "exists to serve Havok" has the result of the first part of the image. People are starting to hate Havok for this specific reason. The more Marvel tries to force it, the more that is going to intensify and lead to more people doing the same as me and dropping all things Marvel and Disney out of disgust. Because people at Marvel can't stuff their nostalgia goggles for one second and look at Lorna for herself in the present for once.

Expect more garbage tomorrow out of SDCC and future cons, as this is just a prelude to something they have been building toward since Fall 2017.
    Last edited by salarta; 07-19-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Found these higher quality images. They did a wonderful job with Lorna's X-Factor costume, and I love they included the curly hair too. I like that they went with the lighter shade of green as well with her hair. Perhaps they'll release it one day without Havok or something.