Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 735 of 1009
  1. #721
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    I love how Lorna is royalty because she is magneto child
    From what we have seen of Krakoa seems to be an autocracy of a kind managed by an alliance of individuals with their own support bases inside the mutant community.

    Lorna had a fair amount of legitimacy on Genosha well before the parentage revel happened because she was a major player in the Genoshan civil war between the Acolytes and the Magistrates. But, at the end of the day her support base of support on Krakoa will likely be an extension of Magneto's. Rebuilding her own connection the Acolytes would be no small thing and something I would like to see, but still it seems Magneto will be on the side doing his own thing so too should Lorna. It would be nice for Lorna to rebuild her own cred as a political character who furthers her factions interests as well as her own.

  2. #722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    From what we have seen of Krakoa seems to be an autocracy of a kind managed by an alliance of individuals with their own support bases inside the mutant community.

    Lorna had a fair amount of legitimacy on Genosha well before the parentage revel happened because she was a major player in the Genoshan civil war between the Acolytes and the Magistrates. But, at the end of the day her support base of support on Krakoa will likely be an extension of Magneto's. Rebuilding her own connection the Acolytes would be no small thing and something I would like to see, but still it seems Magneto will be on the side doing his own thing so too should Lorna. It would be nice for Lorna to rebuild her own cred as a political character who furthers her factions interests as well as her own.
    She'll probably rotate regularly on X-Men. Of course we have no idea what's coming in Dawn of X Phase 2 and Phase 3. All 6 books are going to overlap from time to time. It's funny that Lorna got more dialogue than all the characters except Xavier and Magneto in HoX #5. I know she was the point of view character at the beginning so her Dad could give an exposition about what was happening, but at least they were shown getting along and Lorna and Erik are spending time together regularly even though we don't get to see it that often.

  3. #723
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    I love how Lorna is royalty because she is magneto child,
    Magneto is self appointed royalty so she's no more royal than Xavier...and no Alex isn't royalty either...

  4. #724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    She'll probably rotate regularly on X-Men. Of course we have no idea what's coming in Dawn of X Phase 2 and Phase 3. All 6 books are going to overlap from time to time. It's funny that Lorna got more dialogue than all the characters except Xavier and Magneto in HoX #5. I know she was the point of view character at the beginning so her Dad could give an exposition about what was happening, but at least they were shown getting along and Lorna and Erik are spending time together regularly even though we don't get to see it that often.
    The big thing for me, there, is that this case of Lorna not knowing things and Magneto explaining them actually made sense. It wasn’t Magneto mansplaining something Lorna should already know or consider based on her past experience.

    None of that changes my view and remarks on everything else, but credit where due.
    I can also be reached on Twitter and WordPress.

    Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad, now complete!

  5. #725
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Magneto is self appointed royalty so she's no more royal than Xavier...and no Alex isn't royalty either...
    Absolutely disagree

  6. #726

    Default





    I can also be reached on Twitter and WordPress.

    Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad, now complete!

  7. #727
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I know she was the point of view character at the beginning so her Dad could give an exposition about what was happening, but at least they were shown getting along and Lorna and Erik are spending time together regularly even though we don't get to see it that often.
    While I am not a fan of the use of Lorna as the POV character, it was more complex then that because she wasn't straight up the voice of the author as occurred in Last Days. She has her own voice there, mind you we are operating under what I have long considered the Bell Curve theory of mutant philosophy. That being that if the mainline X-Men embrace mutant separatism it pushes those who have historically held that view point in the past towards a harder bent.

    Mind you I understood the conversation to be speaking about groups as a collective not as individuals. The reviewers seem to have liked it.

    Polaris and Magneto’s discussion about mutant and human society is a brilliant evolution of mutant philosophy that perfectly encapsulates their current place in the 616 universe

    https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/hou...d-to-be-blown/
    For myself it was just good to have a philosophical conversation that Lorna takes part in. Its been missing for well over a decade.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-20-2019 at 07:07 PM.

  8. #728
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Absolutely disagree
    Magneto is no different than if someone from Europe conquered Cuba and declared themselves king before being defeated and Cuba no longer existing, no mutant has to call Magneto King anything...Magneto's father was not a king nor his mother a queen so no he's not royalty, Storm is closer to royalty than Magneto...

  9. #729
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Magneto is no different than if someone from Europe conquered Cuba and declared themselves king before being defeated and Cuba no longer existing, no mutant has to call Magneto King anything...Magneto's father was not a king nor his mother a queen so no he's not royalty, Storm is closer to royalty than Magneto...
    Kings come in all different way, poor, rich, divine, a regular plain person. And if a new species chooses a rightful leader then it who is anyone to argue it

  10. #730

    Default

    Storm is a goddess. Magneto is a king. Polaris is a queen. Those are just facts.
    I can also be reached on Twitter and WordPress.

    Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad, now complete!

  11. #731

    Default



    A random redesign idea by SharonQuinn



    Sketch by Terrence G Willis on Twitter



    mutatxon on Twitter did a series of X-Men as animojis, those animated emojis used in some texting.
    I can also be reached on Twitter and WordPress.

    Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad, now complete!

  12. #732
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Storm is a goddess. Magneto is a king. Polaris is a queen. Those are just facts.
    It does seem the celestials pick and choose who should be kings

    1F604649-8CFF-4C29-87BD-66C3D56CA893.jpg8B2D3059-E39A-464F-9C06-AC3214A35109.jpgD0652ED9-EECF-46DA-8025-BD1F84FAC6C5.jpg

  13. #733

  14. #734

    Default

    At this point, I think Marvel's honestly trying to avoid using Lorna because they see she's gaining steam and don't want to feed the fire. Which sounds absurd from a base corporate standpoint ("why not promote something that will make you money?"), but a) Marvel comics side is run by fanboys/girls who make decisions based on their fandom, and b) Marvel fears fans feeling they have "too much power." It's why people at Marvel used to claim they didn't read anything people said online, before the realities of modern social media made that claim impossible. Also part of why a certain editor and people who think like him would insist making people mad is good business.

    In Lorna's case, she isn't one of the "promotables" that fanboys/fangirls at Marvel think must be included in everything, and her history of being treated poorly makes people there loathe to question their assumptions about her viability and worth. There's an underlying conservative attitude of pecking orders and past use there. One where they think nobody really wants to see Lorna in anything, they just think they do and will get over it in a year or two. Easier to claim there's "no fan interest" than to acknowledge fans today might see something you don't that they really want (if not need) to see explored.

    Especially when you'd rather create a brand new character and immediately give him a 5-issue mini than try giving a oneshot (with real promotion and intent to make the most of her) to a character who's been wronged and dismissed for decades.
    Last edited by salarta; 09-23-2019 at 11:51 AM.
    I can also be reached on Twitter and WordPress.

    Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad, now complete!

  15. #735
    God Body DIVINITY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    I love how Lorna is royalty because she is magneto child,
    💚💚💚💚💚

    10char
    #MoiraXWasRight

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •