Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I don't think that Marvel likes Alex so much, or at least as much as you think that they do. I don't think that they'd give him his own book, after all almost all of the X-Men turned their backs on him recently and he kind of fell into the team that he had and the team screwed up a lot and didn't do so well, and upcoming he's probably only appearing in Uncanny because he's Scott's little brother, in the movies Marvel messed up and had him as Scott's older brother then barely had him in a movie or two before killing him off..so if anything they'd probably try to find some character to pair Alex off with, probably someone that would be more lighthearted than he often is...I think with the last Astonishing book was more that the writer got characters that nobody else wanted and was then just allowed to run wild so to speak...

Nostalgia and Lorna could mean reuniting with Alex in one form or another, whether that'd mean dating or just working together but I'd guess more that Marvel would put them both on the second string roster unless maybe the next version of Uncanny has Magneto as its main enemy, if that were the case then it'd make sense for Lorna to be there...then again it'd have to rely on Marvel using common sense...

Had a thought, in the span of like a few months both Alex and Lorna will have spent time in prison, Alex right now and Lorna in the Prisoner X or whatever...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 01-11-2019 at 07:58 PM.

So. Does anyone know the context of this from Uncanny X-Men? Is this before Lorna wails on him? Is Omega Red's metal not magnetic? Is she unconscious and somehow weirdly posed as if she isn't? Cause if none of those is true, this is BS.

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Logic + Structure + New Uncanny fight scenes = ERROR ERROR ERROR 10101001 ERROR ERROR FOX KIDS
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

In #8, Polaris and Archangel take him out, or at least I think they do (he looks knocked out in the background later in the issue), and that image is from #9 when X-Man/Legion reawakens the Horsemen. I don't know why she got stuck like that, but it doesn't last long. She's next seen battling Magneto in the background with Iceman. I wouldn't put much though into it. It isn't clear how she got like that, or how she gets away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    In #8, Polaris and Archangel take him out, or at least I think they do (he looks knocked out in the background later in the issue), and that image is from #9 when X-Man/Legion reawakens the Horsemen. I don't know why she got stuck like that, but it doesn't last long. She's next seen battling Magneto in the background with Iceman. I wouldn't put much though into it. It isn't clear how she got like that, or how she gets away from it.
    Thanks, now I've got a clearer picture especially thanks to the before and after. I could complain that they should've shown Lorna fighting back or something, but with that context I'll give it a pass for the same reason I didn't complain much about the handling of Magneto being mind-controlled.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Random thought here.

I've already said I'm against Lorna having a kid because Marvel hasn't given her enough proper use, nor do they understand her well enough. However, that doesn't mean I'm against her having a sidekick or assistant.

See, if Lorna had a kid, there'd be questions of what legacy she has to pass on, who the significant other is or at least how the child came to be, how all of their dynamics work out. With Marvel having not given Lorna due respect or exposure, there's a risk of Marvel defining Lorna exclusively by that relationship.

Those issues wouldn't exist with a sidekick or assistant character. Lorna and this other character could be very different and build on each other. The other character could draw attention to certain aspects of her history; e.g. maybe this character was a previously unknown survivor of Genosha and looked up to Lorna, or Lorna saved this person from an attack by the anti-Apocalypse cult that was after her. There are a lot of options with such a character that don't run into thorny issues that risk undermining Lorna.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't think that Marvel likes Alex so much, or at least as much as you think that they do. I don't think that they'd give him his own book, after all almost all of the X-Men turned their backs on him recently and he kind of fell into the team that he had and the team screwed up a lot and didn't do so well, and upcoming he's probably only appearing in Uncanny because he's Scott's little brother, in the movies Marvel messed up and had him as Scott's older brother then barely had him in a movie or two before killing him off..so if anything they'd probably try to find some character to pair Alex off with, probably someone that would be more lighthearted than he often is...I think with the last Astonishing book was more that the writer got characters that nobody else wanted and was then just allowed to run wild so to speak...

Nostalgia and Lorna could mean reuniting with Alex in one form or another, whether that'd mean dating or just working together but I'd guess more that Marvel would put them both on the second string roster unless maybe the next version of Uncanny has Magneto as its main enemy, if that were the case then it'd make sense for Lorna to be there...then again it'd have to rely on Marvel using common sense...

Had a thought, in the span of like a few months both Alex and Lorna will have spent time in prison, Alex right now and Lorna in the Prisoner X or whatever...
    Alex and Lorna have always been the unloved children of the mutant family, they were the ones more likely to be brainwashed, mind-controlled, stuck in another dimension, victims of bipolar disorder, inverted...

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Alex and Lorna have always been the unloved children of the mutant family, they were the ones more likely to be brainwashed, mind-controlled, stuck in another dimension, victims of bipolar disorder, inverted...
    Man, imagine if they started hanging out with Rachel Grey too!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    They actually had an excellent adventure in space with the Star Jammers. All 3 were written as extremely powerful and had good showings against Vulcan and the Shiar Imperial Guard. Sadly, all that was forgotten once they got back him to Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    They actually had an excellent adventure in space with the Star Jammers. All 3 were written as extremely powerful and had good showings against Vulcan and the Shiar Imperial Guard. Sadly, all that was forgotten once they got back him to Earth.
    They really should've stayed in space.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Sorry, this is simply not true. And that antiquated POV, stems from ancient history. They maybe had more than their fair share of the these things, particularly during a bygone era, but pretty much every X-man has suffered the same at one point or another.

Also, those afflicted with mental disorders are not victims, and shouldn't be referred to as such.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Case in point. Or even Storm recently, for instance. Taken over by another no less than 3 times in just the last year, w/Red, Extermination, & now Uncanny, and she has or had claustrophobia also.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    They really should've stayed in space.
    BS!

BANNED

Polaris has been nothing but wallpaper in the Dissembled arc. Why don't writers like writing Lorna?
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    A number of people have been wallpaper, so it isn't just Lorna. ...
    Right? Pretty much every character's been wallpaper.

She's gotten about the same treatment or better, in some cases, as Nightcrawler, Iceman, Jubilee, X-23, & Cannonball. All of whom, were featured on the covers far more than her. Why don't writers like voicing them, ya think?
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-14-2019 at 07:34 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    ... Is Omega Red's metal not magnetic?...
    I believe another poster mentioned this was the case, in Uncanny #9's discussion thread.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I don't think Lorna's character works well in space in the long run. An adventure here and there is fine, but staying there permanently wouldn't do her character any favors. I think it works better for Alex more so than Lorna.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 01-14-2019 at 11:11 AM.