Page 19 of 92 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm torn about that scene. Part of me thinks, and still believes, that its Bishop remembering that. Seeing as how this issue, and I believe the series is from his POV. However, we saw that Dani remembered things about her past life, and perhaps Polaris does as well, and has some sort of identity crisis. So I could see when Bishop calls her by Polaris, she remembers be called something else (mind you it was briefly, but still) in another life, and that brings up the flash of Pestilence. I mean the story does imply there are parallels between Lorna and Bishop (talking to themselves, and seeing people that aren't there), so it could have very well been Lorna.

The mystery and speculation makes this story exciting. I'm sure we'll get the answers eventually.
    I dont even recall Bishop being in the mix for Blood of Apocalypse

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    I dont even recall Bishop being in the mix for Blood of Apocalypse
    I don't either. I think technically he was probably at the mansion, but I don't recall seeing much of him during the story. Its been a a while since I've read that story.

BANNED

I don't either. I think technically he was probably at the mansion, but I don't recall seeing much of him during the story. Its been a a while since I've read that story.
    I remember they made him the arch nemesis for Cable and Hope like a year later in Messiah Complex. But that's about it.

BANNED

Women of the X-Universe, with Polaris in the corner, by Peter V Nguyen.

Link:

https://www.deviantart.com/peter-v-n...erse-789410089

http://petervnguyen.tumblr.com/post/...up-in-my-books

He posted it on his Instagram as well, along with the WIP leading to the finished product.
    Like it, but seems a lil' looser, sketchier, than I'm used to from him. Definitely 90's worship in play, obviously. Wish Moonstar was given more prominence, but like that she's near & on the same 'side' as Polaris & Dazz, at least. Glad CeCe Reyes, Shard, & Darkstar were included, also. Wanda & Firestar, too. Can anybody spot Sabra? Not sure if she's there.

I don't see Sabra either. I think he might have forgotten her. He did do a wonderful job with Lorna though, and I love her 90s hair lol.

AGE OF X-MAN: PRISONER X #4 (of 5)
    VITA AYALA (W) • GERMAN PERALTA (A) • Cover by PATCH ZIRCHER
    THE AGE OF X-MAN CONTINUES!
    • The walls begin to crumble around the inmates!
    • Can Bishop keep his sanity long enough to break free?
    Cover and description for Prisoner X coming out in June. Love a good break out.

BANNED

*sigh* Lorna in the background, in favor of that big blue turd, Beast. And no Dani again, bummer.

I can't believe Gabby ate Dani, omg.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I can't believe Gabby ate Dani, omg.
    Her appetite's positively VORACIOUS! Not surprising really, as a member of Wolverine's pack, bein' all-consuming kinda comes with the territory.

BANNED

BANNED

We rank the 'Age of X-Man' titles (plus 'Uncanny'), Part 2 of 2 - WMQ Comics
    ... Still to come, possibly the best version of Polaris, a character I had some feelings about recently over at Steve Morris’ Shelfdust site. ...
    A Modern Cross-X-Amination of X-Factor #87 – Shelfdust
    ... And then there’s Lorna Dane, aka Polaris.

Lorna gets two sessions with Samson. In the first, she’s reserved. She’s wearing bulky sweats, her arms are folded, her gaze trained on a dish of wrapped candies. An off-hand comment from Samson triggers her to suddenly stand up and exclaim, “Now you’re gonna tell me I’m fat, right?” as she pulls her sweatshirt up to reveal a toned waist, as if a Big Two superheroine in 1993 was going to have anything other than that body type.

After a few more panels of getting sussed out by Samson, she begins to cry, tells the doctor to “get stuffed” – a very Comics Code Authority type of swear – and storms out, leaving tissues to float gently to the ground behind her.

Three teammates later, Lorna returns draped in a trenchcoat and shares, “I want you to know that I’ve dropped fifteen pounds in the last month” before shedding the coat to reveal her new costume, a red-and-gold number with thigh-high boots – effectively a one-piece bathing suit that rides high on the hips and has, because it was 1993, a headsock. Oh, and a boob window. Basically she looked like Image Comics in human form.

Samson’s response when pressed: “You kick my hormones into overdrive.”

…Now, I’m no expert, but that’s probably not something therapists are supposed to say to their patients. “I have an erection. Tell me about your parents.”

The thing is, there are very good reasons for Lorna to have body image and self-worth issues. In the years prior to this, Polaris had been relegated to a bit player who regularly gets possessed, manipulated or kidnapped by random villains. She served as the host for the Marauder Malice. She was abducted by Zaladane and drained of her magnetic powers, somehow in the process developing a She-Hulk-like build. And just before joining the All-New, All-Different X-Factor, she was manipulated by the Shadow King into fighting the X-Men on Muir Island.

That’s a whole lot of trauma… all at the hands of Chris Claremont, it should be noted. The problem was, these were all imperilments for a character who otherwise had no agency. Like Madrox or Strong Guy, David adopted a character who was fertile ground for exploration and growth. Unlike those two, he presents Polaris as the team’s hysterical woman still worthy of the male gaze.

It won’t be the last time the character would experience this portrayal, either. For as much as David’s characterization of Polaris in this issue is uncomfortable, it’s damn near feminist compared with Chuck Austen’s handling of her in his early-2000s run on Uncanny X-Men, when she was the third leg in a love triangle with a post-coma Havok and his nurse, Annie. [editor’s note – actually Chuck Austen rules]...

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Nice! I've seen this floating around, but I can't remember if it had been posted here or not. Its a really well done manip. Especially love the green lipstick. Thanks for sharing those articles as well. Nice to see people hyped for Polaris in Prisoner X.

BANNED

Nice! I've seen this floating around, but I can't remember if it had been posted here or not. Its a really well done manip. Especially love the green lipstick. Thanks for sharing those articles as well. Nice to see people hyped for Polaris in Prisoner X.
    Yeah, I really like it. And you're welcome, definitely lookin' forward to Prisoner X #2's preview later this week, and what'll hopefully be some Polaris focused greatness within.

We've come to the end of our 6-month journey for the Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic - and last post I currently plan to make in this thread.

I'll be posting the full thing now in the Magnus family thread in two posts.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I forgot to add that the final page's costume is based off a concept originally drawn by Kris Anka, with some modifications I personally felt fit Lorna better. Credit where credit's due!

Last edited by salarta; 03-27-2019 at 08:57 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Nice...

... they did the logo(s) in purple, Polaris' secondary sig color.