Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
The other characters you highlighted in your post have one or more of three things that Lorna does not.

One, heavy use in recent years in other places - a main team member of X-Men Gold, a dedicated solo book, etc.

Two, presence as mainstays in books afterward. Magik is on New Mutants, Colossus is on X-Force.

Three, presence on covers. No, the "every mutant ever" cover does not count.

As I just finished saying, proving commitment to Lorna does not require shoving her places she "doesn't belong." There are MULTIPLE places she could fit without being forced. I went out of my way to give suggestions wherein the bare minimum was Lorna appearing in one panel in the background of "more important matters" as a small and simple nod to her value. I could have said she belongs with the Hellfire Club because of Gifted. I could have said she belongs in the Genoshan cabinet because she was a key member of the original Genosha, and she suffered like hell from its genocide. I'm arguing the bare minimum and I'm being told even the bare minimum is asking for too much. I suppose the "lesson" I'm supposed to "learn" is that Lorna shouldn't get anything and I should bow down in rapturous thanks if someone so much as looks like her.

I won't do that though. I know what happens. Marvel sees that as permission to ruin her and screw her over to promote other characters at her expense, or to just flat out throw her away like she's worthless and do nothing with her. Which Marvel may still do. But if they do, I can at least draw attention to it. I'm not going to stop just because the current case is a major event Marvel's heavily promoting and a lot of people like as a result.

And no, I'm also not going to go along with the running implication of "she's a lowly C-lister whose popularity is zilch and her most notable projects were garbage." On the matter of Gifted, I stopped watching it toward the end of season 1 cause the writers did horribly with character death. Your argument implies its failure reflected lack of interest in Lorna, and I know for a fact that's not the case from my own experience.
It is very odd that you'd go through severe mental gymnastics as to reason why Lorna was in HOX #5 (Because the writer wanted to?) rather than just accept what is common sense and logical.

Without writing several paragraphs of irrelevance explain how any of your thoughts are in anyway logical?