Page 60 of 92 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme #69 Sep 1994
    "Be With Me"
    After Vincent Stevens rejects Strange's appeal to merge, he searches for another and finds Polaris.

NOTE: Story set between X-Factor 105 and 106.

Script by David Quinn, pencils by David Brewer, inks by Pam Eklund.
    Huh, I never would have thought to look for a Polaris appearance in a Doctor Strange book! Thanks for sharing.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    When it comes to relationships, my opinion is that Lorna's better off with a bi/lesbian reveal and dating women. Personal top pick is Jean, followed by perhaps Emma. After that is pretty much whoever. Though I'd be for a revived Dreamer made similarly to her Gifted counterpart, as a means of delving into a lost opportunity the show threw away for no good reason.

I think male relationships for Lorna are to some extent tainted right now. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be pursued, or can't turn out good. But difficulties in Marvel handling her dynamics with both Gambit on ANXF and Magneto on Blue suggest to me that Marvel has an incredibly hard time recognizing that Lorna is a character in her own right whenever they write her around men. They seem to default into "must be used to promote the man, ignore any history and development she's had" thinking. Marvel didn't seem to have that problem when Lorna interacted with Crystal and Luna in space, or when she interacted with Wanda and Danger in ANXF #14.

In other words, I wouldn't say "Lorna spends time with dad" or "Lorna learns from dad" is inherently bad and shouldn't happen. It can turn out great in the hands of a good writer, and 10 years ago I would've been chomping at the bit for even one scene of them together. But writers need to be very mindful to treat Lorna like a character, not a plot device for the man's benefit, in writing their dynamic. Otherwise they're just repeating the same tired mistakes that they made with Havok.

I'm giving a tiny bit of leeway on what the linked article implies. It could be misrepresenting what's to come. I sincerely doubt it, but it's possible. It's written by someone who isn't Hickman, after all. But let's just say that I won't be surprised if things unfold as the blurbs imply. They retain the core problem underlying most of what Marvel's done toward Lorna since 2017 (or post-2015 if including her period of forced limbo).
    What would Emma and Polaris talk about? Hickman did give them a sort of future baby.

spoilers:
    I just had a thought. What if its not Lorna on that page with the gorillas but Abigail Brand?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    spoilers:
    I just had a thought. What if its not Lorna on that page with the gorillas but Abigail Brand?
    end of spoilers
    Lol don't do that to me

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    What would Emma and Polaris talk about? Hickman did give them a sort of future baby.
    Technically anything. If we needed to mine for past dynamics, they both have the Genosha connection. There’s also when Emma once mocked Lorna’s mental issues post-Genosha (as written at that time). Writing could transform that into something else that puts Emma in a better light. Or more importantly, as a means to discuss 1) what Lorna’s been through and 2) Emma managing to see many mindscapes for perspective. Depth and breadth.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Lol don't do that to me
    Nah, Abigail always rocks a ponytail and her glasses. I think she has to wear the sunglasses all the time because her alien physiology makes her sensitive to the lights that humans work under. Abigail is half alien and half mutant.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

I am excited to see Polaris tomorrow. She is a great character and it is good to see her with Magneto but I do hope we get stories with her where he is not present. It will be cool seeing her on an adventure with Scott and Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I love this so much

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Technically, it was a past baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Technically, it was a past baby.
    He was a good son! :''(

Not a bad costume

Not showing enough skin to be a progeny of Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Not showing enough skin to be a progeny of Emma
    I want scenes of Lorna and Emma raising their little boy North together.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Now that I can do more to post than tap at a phone...

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    But here's the two arguments I don't understand, since they keep coming up in this thread: Why should Lorna "sit out" House/Dawn of X, probably the most important and popular X-Men event in almost twenty years? What is specifically, fundamentally wrong with DoX as an event or a story or launch that means she should not be part of it? And in lieu of using her there, how is the online fandom supposed to 'force' Marvel to use her differently? How specifically will they do that, what history do they (or almost any comic character fanbase, tbh) have of being able to do so, and what will the specific quantifiable results be?
    Again, not going into it here. Not the place, nor even the time. Still, I felt I should say something so you know lack of response isn't personal.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I want scenes of Lorna and Emma raising their little boy North together.
    I'll give a gimme. This is one of various things Marvel could get a lot out of, but won't, because Marvel doesn't know how to spot these things or profit on them. I've noticed several such cases since 2009, many of them not even having anything to do with Lorna.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)