Page 10 of 92 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Who would you guys say Lorna's closest friends are across the Marvel universe?
    What her closest friendships should be are Jean Grey and Iceman. Maybe Gambit on account of All-New X-Factor, but I feel like that's stretching it a bit.

I don't include Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Magneto, Crystal, etc in with that because they're family. I also don't include Havok in that because he's ex-significant other, not friend; which I'd say about anyone else Lorna dated or married if Marvel had let her date/marry anyone that isn't Havok for the past 50 years.

Closest friendships of what Marvel believes she has, I'd say... nobody. I don't think Marvel thinks of her as having any friends. We can say characters like Wolfsbane or Rachel or Danger count, but they're all flash in the pan and Marvel quickly forgets they ever knew each other in the 616. As we saw with Blue, "she dated Havok and Magneto's her dad" are the only two things Marvel seems to acknowledge.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Who would you guys say Lorna's closest friends are across the Marvel universe?
    Crystal from the Inhumans, would be one. Oh, and Quicksilver, obviously. Wanda too, I guess, to a much lesser degree. It's hard to say, 'cause she really hasn't miXed it up all that much in the larger MU, outside of the X-Men & her fellow Mutants. Can say one thing tho, that apparently she has quite the rep:

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Polaris rarely branched out of the X-world, so there isn't much to choose from there. Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Crystal are the closet connections she has outside of the X-Men, but I think that's about it. Maybe Doc Sampson? She was more his patient, but Lorna did pop up in his solo series, so there is a bit of a connection there. Though I don't think they'd be considered very close, but you could apply that to Wanda and Crystal as well. Not a lot of significant interaction.

Lorna really needs stronger interactions with other characters she isn't related to, and haven't dated.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 01-21-2019 at 07:30 PM.

Solicitations for April:

AGE OF X-MAN: PRISONER X #2

VITA AYALA (W)

GERMAN PERALTA (A)

Cover by PATCH ZIRCHER

VARIANT COVER BY Dave Johnson

THE AGE OF X-MAN CONTINUES!

* Bishop must navigate between the various mutant gangs to find the truth beyond the walls of the prison.

* Can Bishop trust the other inmates, like Polaris?

* Or will he have to break out solo?
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 01-22-2019 at 12:23 PM.

That's a really nice cover! Lorna looks really badass, and I hope that carries over to the interior pages.

omg lorna same but replace the food and trays with various recent x-books
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Zircher's cover was already good inked, and it's even better in full with color. I love the look of her power use, which matches the look it had in Giant Size X-Men and comes across more vibrant. That it covers the whole background adds to the sense of her power. Also, great fierce look.

Collar seems to be a bit of throwback to the show. Except this time, at least on the cover, exhibiting more power. Which is as it should be since comic Lorna is more powerful than show Lorna.

On the other hand, I have mixed feelings about the solicit. I like that Lorna gets special mention. I don't like that with all that has happened and been done to Lorna these past few years, this is all she gets. A great cover, special mention in a solicit where Bishop is the primary star, and that's it. If Marvel did this in 2015, I would have been satisfied. In 2019, after two years of limbo and how she was treated around Havok and Magneto on Blue, it's not enough.

Maybe Prisoner X will be the best Lorna's ever been written. I won't know until it's out. What I do know is that it doesn't make up for the past few years. Let alone how Marvel's disregarded her worth and potential for decades.

I'm sorry if some people don't like this kind of comment, but I need to say what I need to say.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    That's a really nice cover! Lorna looks really badass, and I hope that carries over to the interior pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    omg lorna same...
    Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Zircher's cover was already good inked, and it's even better in full with color. I love the look of her power use, which matches the look it had in Giant Size X-Men and comes across more vibrant. That it covers the whole background adds to the sense of her power. Also, great fierce look. ...
    YES, it's FANtatsic! She looks SO powerful & threatening, determined & deadly serious - I LOVE IT, with ALL my 💚!!! And could be wrong, but I'm seein' some faint Kirby Krackle in there, and hope I'm right. That, and Lucas & Dani bein' there, are SERIOUS bonus points!!

She was good last night in Gifted, too. Really enjoyed her face-off with MaX, where she mentions Mags, just sorry she wasn't the one to take him out permanently. Wonder if his name bein' MaX was by accident, or intentional? Either way, MUCH look forward to her confrontation with Reeva & the 'Koos in 2 wks. - IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!

BANNED

... Lorna really needs stronger interactions with other characters she isn't related to, and haven't dated.
    Who would fellow Polaris fans suggest? Even tho it's AU, I'm gettin' 2 w/Moonstar & Bishop. Which I'm hoping continues on, even after Prisoner X is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    YES, it's FANtatsic!She was good last night in Gifted, too. Really enjoyed her face-off with MaX, where she mentions Mags, just sorry she wasn't the one to take him out permanently. Wonder if his name bein' MaX was by accident, or intentional? Either way, MUCH look forward to her confrontation with Reeva & the 'Koos in 2 wks. - IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Who would fellow Polaris fans suggest? Even tho it's AU, I'm gettin' 2 w/Moonstar & Bishop. Which I'm hoping continues on, even after Prisoner X is over.
    Yeah, I enjoyed her confrontation with Max last night as well. Loved watching her remind him he was irrelevant. I'm wondering if Esme will try to protect Lorna in the next episode. They've grown close, and I think she might try to keep Polaris from getting into too much trouble.

I'd love to see her interact more with Jean and Bobby. She should have stronger bond with some of the O5, and I'd love to see writers do something with that. Especially after Bobby's come out. All we've gotten between them was a text message. I still think a friendship between her and Psylocke would be cool as well. I think Danger and Lorna could continue to develop their bond, seeing as how there is a foundation there from ANXF and Blue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I'm very interested to see her interact with Bishop and Dani.

BANNED

Yeah, I enjoyed her confrontation with Max last night as well. Loved watching her remind him he was irrelevant. I'm wondering if Esme will try to protect Lorna in the next episode. They've grown close, and I think she might try to keep Polaris from getting into too much trouble.

I'd love to see her interact more with Jean and Bobby. She should have stronger bond with some of the O5, and I'd love to see writers do something with that. Especially after Bobby's come out. All we've gotten between them was a text message. I still think a friendship between her and Psylocke would be cool as well. I think Danger and Lorna could continue to develop their bond, seeing as how there is a foundation there from ANXF and Blue.
    Yeah, if Esme turns on Lorna too, I won't be happy 'bout it AT ALL. I like their chemistry VERY much, and hold fast to the bond they've developed, over the course of this season & last.

And the O5 seem the most natural, with Bobby bein' #1 for me, closely followed by Jean. Warren also, of course. Scott too, now that he's back. Betts would be GREAT, especially with all she's been through lately. Her dynamic with Danger was one of the best things about ANXF, IMO. They were funny together, a real odd couple. I'd be keen on Dazzler, natch. Sunfire could/would be wicked, as well.

I actually really liked the Storm-led team she was with, in Disassembled:

Then there's Emma:

... wherein their back & forth, could prove to be endlessly entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    YES, that's the part, LOVED IT - thanX Juan! "... Your Highness," lol, whatta douchebag he was. Glad he's gone. One of the few things Marcos has done right, even if it was by accident.