Page 56 of 92 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Hopefully we'll get a killer Polaris/Magneto team up.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I'm extremely optimistic given Polaris' #3 placement in that list (although it could just be a visual thing and not meaningful)
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I'm extremely optimistic given Polaris' #3 placement in that list (although it could just be a visual thing and not meaningful)
    I missed that! Right next to her Dad! Well, that's kind of cool. The Summers clan and the Magnus Family in the same book.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    I missed that! Right next to her Dad! Well, that's kind of cool. The Summers clan and the Magnus Family in the same book.
    Yep. I was at first concerned Lorna's tie in to the "Summers arc" would be her romance with Havok...

Hopefully they make her a bit more important than just that.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Hopefully we'll get a killer Polaris/Magneto team up.
    I actually think that the Orchis agents saying "Oh ****" at the end of the preview, the thing they are seeing is Magneto and Polaris floating above them with a million tons of metal floating around them. I know that would scare the heck out of me if I was a mutant hating terrorist.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I actually think that the Orchis agents saying "Oh ****" at the end of the preview, the thing they are seeing is Magneto and Polaris floating above them with a million tons of metal floating around them. I know that would scare the heck out of me if I was a mutant hating terrorist.
    The steel bends in if you notice so its a pretty good guess.

Lorna and Magneto haven't had a good fight together in a very long time. Probably the closest that one would consider to good was their fight with the Avengers on Genosha, but various factors including editor commentary, Magneto a bit too Silver Age and Lorna not speaking enough held that one down. The one issue here is the fight so far seems shall we say unbalanced. We will see if the base has something to even the odds. Hopefully Hickman brings the philosophy into this one.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-10-2019 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Very excited to see how this plays out!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Very excited to see how this plays out!
    haha, Erik will try to be a good dad and ask Lorna if she wants to handle it by herself or if she wants him to help take out the entire Orchis facility. I would love that if he steps back a bit and lets Lorna take point, that would be a nice characterization for them both.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

I'm taking that placement as either completely random, or characters that are only really "guest starring" in the issue getting a higher spot than most of the regulars to highlight they're a "guest star."

Anyway, piece of work here that I believe is fanart. Haven't seen anything to suggest it's not. The idea is these characters as the Acolytes. Posted by jessebedlam on Tumblr.

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

That fanart is fantastic. I've always wanted to see them depict Polaris, and they did a wonderful job here. Love the new look, and this team. Would be awesome to see something like this!

I'm loving that, it's an amazing sense of action as though they stepped out of the portal and are trying to "wow " and "shock" whomever they encounter with the weight of their presence

Exodus and Lorna mostly sell it for me but Frenzy looks pretty tough too

Nightcrawler is a bit of an odd inclusion for an Acolytes team but at least this is the RED costume version, complete with facial hair

Who is the dude in the middle though?

OBEY

As an Acolytes team it’s a good idea, but they would need a new ethos and mission statement or at least something to set them apart. It would be nice to see Lorna winning over Exodus and/or working with him in GoT fashion to try to move two seasons of the council into the HoM camp.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-14-2019 at 10:28 AM.

That guy in the front is Bedlam.

Ultimate Member

Well the team on X-Men isn't the ongoing roster, so the Summers family will only be there for like a story arc and then the roster will change, so none of those characters listed are regulars on the book last I knew...

https://mistress-lorna-dane.tumblr.c...e-worried-that

As this post points out, Lorna has gotten along better with Magneto than he has with the Maximoffs.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-21-2019 at 07:39 AM.