Page 21 of 92 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    BANNED

So, fellow Polaris fans, how would you rank her across platforms appearances since Secret Wars? In chronological order, the most relevant, substantial ones IMO, over about the last 2 & ½ years:

• Deadpool & the Mercs For Money IvX future AU arc, guest spot, by Bunn
    • X-Men: Blue Secret Empire arc, her official 616 return, by Bunn
    • The Gifted, Season 1, by various
    • X-Men: Blue Mojo Worldwide arc, shared X-over role, by Bunn+
    • X-Men: Blue Mothervine arc, most prominent part played in the run, by Bunn
    • The Gifted, Season 2, by various
    • Uncanny X-Men Disassembled arc, X-event support player, by Brisson, Rosenberg, & Thompson
    • Age of X-Man: Prisoner X (so far, to date), cast member, by Vita Ayala

1) The Gifted, Season 1
    8) The Gifted, Season 2

I didn't rank the rest because I can't really remember what happened in any of it. It's all a blur of boring nothing. LoL though I will admit there was some nice artwork.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    ... the rest... can't really remember what happened in any of it. It's all a blur of boring nothing. LoL though I will admit there was some nice artwork.
    When was the last time it wasn't, in your opinion? And you can take the macro view on that.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 04-09-2019 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    1) The Gifted, Season 1
    8) The Gifted, Season 2
    Agreed.

I didn't rank the rest because I can't really remember what happened in any of it. It's all a blur of boring nothing. LoL though I will admit there was some nice artwork.
    Sad, but also true.

Season 1 of The Gifted Lorna by in large also had strategic coherence in spades of having clear pathos, defining goals and she went after them. Her time on Genosha followed up by Morrison who turned it into a great tragedy, followed by Austen who made it central to her pathos was the kind of coherence and centering Lorna has needed, but has been absent from the comics for a long time.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-09-2019 at 05:51 AM.

BANNED

In Blue, she was meant to have at least some sort of motivation:

... but unfortunately, that never properly materialized, in any truly significant way.

BANNED

Polaris fans, if ya haven't already, please vote here: Who are you yet hoping to see, in Hickman's HOX&POX?... to help keep Lorna near the lead.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Just voted!

I'll get to the ranking of Lorna's appearances once Prisoner X has finished. I want to see how Vita's story finishes first.

BANNED

I already gotta pretty good idea on what order I'd put them in, TBH. But will err on the side of caution, and do the same.

BANNED

https://deskgram.net/p/2020499165332527673_173962076
    Polaris, 90's X-Factor
    Pre-drawn studio piece sold at #WonderCon #WonderCon2019

http://petervnguyen.tumblr.com/
    sketching some x-men this week. Its not new but it was super fun to explore some concepts. that was new

https://twitter.com/petervnguyen/sta...84119461216256
    Been thinking about giant sized x-men a lot lately and how much of a challenge it would be for me to redesign them since i love the costumes so darn much. Wanted to see what ideas i could explore. i started off with two my favorites. Lorna and Shiro. #sunfire#polaris#xmen

BANNED

Peter's more fantasy oriented redesign for Lorna is lovely, and I really like the way he's got her lookin' just a lil' bit wicked. Also like the smaller fig of her in the back, on the right. With the flow of movement it so effortlessly emits bein' BEYOND suitable, for Polaris, Mistress of Magnetism.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Those redesigns by Peter are amazing and I love what he did for both Sunfire and Polaris. I've seen it floating around the internet, and I'm glad someone posted it here. Lorna's looks very goddess like, and like she should't be messed with. Hoping we get to see the colors included at some point. Fully support seeing Lorna's 90s curly hair, and think Nauck did a great job with that look.

Thanks for posting, HA!

BANNED

Those redesigns are quite beautiful, and have a distinctive, air of authoritarian elegance to them. Salarta posting 'em over in the Mags Fam thread first, tipped me off. That she looks a touch menacing is the best part, for me. And Nauck did capture 90's Lorna rather nicely, no doubt.

You're welcome! I'll keep lookin', and see what else I can find.

The only people I love more than Nauck are the shadowy cabal (or lone champion) who keeps paying him to draw 80's Boom-Boom.

I see SKULL POLARIS and I LIKE IT!!!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Nauck does have a wonderful, stylistic flair to his work, that's immediately recognizable. And the obvious, enthusiastic joy he has in doing it, shines through like a beacon of delight. There's a palpable contentment in his pieces, that always makes me smile & feel better.

Nguyen's another treasure, whose fantastical finesses are also...

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

Polaris by Peter Nguyen. Once again blessed by Peter's Lorna.

https://twitter.com/petervnguyen/sta...88368877883392
    ... to behold, as this earlier post from Soulsword so deftly demonstrates. And yes, when it comes to Lorna's adornments, the SKULL... is SUPREME!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 04-19-2019 at 05:00 PM.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

thanks to the show the gifted for give us some good polaris moments and make her an interesting and now loved character <3
    we can be heroes, just for one day