Page 84 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1371

I still support the Dawn of X concept and I still have a title I will be reading, but forgive me if I am a bit pissed off that never has there been more room for Lorna to do stuff that is much more her dream then the other X-Men and she is no role and doesn't guest star either anywhere. Call it blowing off steam. I saw yesterday Magneto would be in X-Force #2 and asked myself will Lorna and then I laughed to myself who am I kidding how many writers have much of any respect for her?

I mean I have respect for these writers, I bought Marauders three days ago, but I am aggravated she has no role in such a rich environment for her to have roles. I think in terms of next year the big question will be how do they promote Wanda's TV series and if the X-side and Avengers side come to terms in regards to the retcon.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-21-2019 at 02:25 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I still support the Dawn of X concept and I still have a title I will be reading, but forgive me if I am a bit pissed off that never has there been more room for Lorna to do stuff that as you said is much more her dream then the other X-Men and she is no role and doesn't guest star either anywhere.
    I'll take her appearing in a major #1 a month ago over virtually anything else she's done in over 15 years, but that's my opinion. I'm going to let it unfold.

Call it blowing off steam.
    I will. I think it's a little silly to blow it off one month in.

powerpax we both know you be buying all these titles regardless. I am still going to be buying X-Men if you wanted to know the title I would be still buying, because it seems Hickman sees a bit of worth to the character, did do a good job there and perhaps it will mean something down the road. Though I must say the art isn't doing the title a service at the moment. As for it being silly blowing off steam in regard to it being one month... I can see the solicits for DoX almost to Spring.

I think Marauders and X-Force are good titles, their creative teams are firing on all cylinders and are worth buying for the stories they are telling, but its clear to me across DoX Lorna is not going to be guest starring anywhere except perhaps X-Men until things get shaken up.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-21-2019 at 02:34 PM.

BANNED

Yah, it's too early to be drawing such drastic conclusions. I understand the disappointment, as I share it myself sometimes. But I feel both her HoX & XM appearances were pretty positive signs, that indicated there's probably further plans in place for her. Though I must admit, patience isn't really a virtue I was blessed with, either.

BANNED

powerpax we both know you be buying all these titles regardless.
    LOL, do we? I sure don't. I haven't bothered buying any of the line regularly in over a decade. I'm reading these because as of now they work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Yah, it's too early to be drawing such drastic conclusions. I understand the disappointment, as I share it myself sometimes. But I feel both her HoX & XM appearances were pretty positive signs, that indicated there's probably further plans in place for her. Though I must admit, patience isn't really a virtue I was blessed with, either.
    My patience does stink as well I will admit that.

I mentally calculated if there will really be time for a new title between now and the Summer/Fall event and the answer is really no. X-Corps or wherever it will be if its going to be a real title really has to be delayed until after the crossover at this point unless it is a 4-5 issue mini.

The House of M issue is an issue next year being the 15th anniversary and the Wanda TV show promoting hitting high gear, but if they do something there its heavily up to if the X-side and Avengers can hammer something out. I think a HoM type ongoing still could occur without Wanda and Pietro, but probably wouldn't start until after the crossover as well. I only hope the success of HoX/DoX convinces them to open the door to a larger line at the end of next year and not for the same old faces.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-21-2019 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    LOL, do we? I sure don't. I haven't bothered buying any of the line regularly in over a decade. I'm reading these because as of now they work for me.
    Over close to a decade and a half... really since Decimation the x-books have been stuck in recycled 80s/90s nostalgia that x-fans including myself were completely sick of. This is the first real step away from that and needs to be given a great deal of credit for that. It deserves every bit of the sales and accolades its getting.

My views in regards to Lorna are a separate matter. I don't like she has no position in the military or government of this set up unlike Genosha where she had built in interactions with other characters. It certainly could certainly get better some time next year. I don't think the current situation she is in will move the character above the C list threshold or make her someone that writers want to guest star on their title, but it all depends on what happens next with her.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-21-2019 at 03:28 PM.

BANNED

… her father if he doesn't have a book guest starring in all of them and I love Magneto, but mix it up some.
    After something he said in HoX/PoX about being willing to die for the cause or a similar sort of thing, and what happened to Xavier due to hubris in XF, I'm more worried about him than her in a ways. BUT, that could mean that his legacy lives on:

… in HER!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Even if she doesn't show up in a title, I'm still holding out hope that we'll at least be getting a Polaris/Magneto giant size team-up. We know about the Jean and Emma one, and there is four more after that, and I think there is a good chance Hickman will use Lorna and her father. Hickman has used Polaris and Magneto together in HoX and X-Men, and we saw him set the groundwork for Jean/Emma in HoX as well IMO, so I'm hoping that recurrent theme will lead to them getting featured in Giant Size X-Men special.

I'd like to see her on her own too, but I'll take what I can get.

A one shot would be a good way to get some development. Hickman is certainly would be the right writer to carry off such a story. Well let’s hope.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-21-2019 at 07:34 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Even if she doesn't show up in a title, I'm still holding out hope that we'll at least be getting a Polaris/Magneto giant size team-up. We know about the Jean and Emma one, and there is four more after that, and I think there is a good chance Hickman will use Lorna and her father. Hickman has used Polaris and Magneto together in HoX and X-Men, and we saw him set the groundwork for Jean/Emma in HoX as well IMO, so I'm hoping that recurrent theme will lead to them getting featured in Giant Size X-Men special.

I'd like to see her on her own too, but I'll take what I can get.
    I would love a Giant-Size with our gal and her pappy

But then the question is what's the plot, would it tie into other books? Or just be total self contained one and done

Even a "slice of life" with them would be good to me though
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

That would be something for Hickman to come up with, but I am imagine anything Hickman came up with would be interesting as he can do high philosophy and cerebral ideas with the best of them between them something that is a rare thing indeed and the sort of thing that would drive such a story.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-22-2019 at 10:26 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I would love a Giant-Size with our gal and her pappy

But then the question is what's the plot, would it tie into other books? Or just be total self contained one and done

Even a "slice of life" with them would be good to me though
    Thus far the books have felt interconnected, and have had impact across the line. Kitty and her boat, and Xavier being killed. I'd imagine that the things that happen in Giant-size will have an impact outside of just that title.

Perhaps Lorna and her father get permission from the council to follow up on the Children of the Vault that they discovered? It ties in with the first issue of X-Men, and could further explore, and better define a potential threat that could effect other books. That way it could play a part in a larger narrative and not just feel like a one and done situation.

Polaris, Magneto, and some other Acolytes (Amelia Voght, and Frenzy) teaming up would be a dream.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 11-22-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Thus far the books have felt interconnected, and have had impact across the line. Kitty and her boat, and Xavier being killed. I'd imagine that the things that happen in Giant-size will have an impact outside of just that title.

Perhaps Lorna and her father get permission from the council to follow up on the Children of the Vault that they discovered? It ties in with the first issue of X-Men, and could further explore, and better define a potential threat that could effect other books. That way it could play a part in a larger narrative and not just feel like a one and done situation.

Polaris, Magneto, and the some other Acolytes (Amelia Voght, and Frenzy) teaming up would be a dream.
    ^ I like all of that. I just hope something of this kind does happen
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Last edited by jmc247; 11-23-2019 at 03:36 PM.