Page 11 of 92 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Storm's team in Disassembled was amazing. The fact that we didn't get to spend a couple of issues from their perspective upsets me to no end. Put a couple of New X-Men on there, and it would be a good balance of old and new.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 01-23-2019 at 07:41 PM.

BANNED

For the New X-Men, who'd ya have in mind? Dust would be my first choice, followed by Surge and/or Hellion. But they cold use a bruiser, so maybe Gentle instead.

I'd go with Dust/Gentle. I really enjoyed Gentle in Red, and Sooraya has always been one of the New X-Men I love the most. I'd suggest Trinary, seeing as how I liked her dynamic with Gentle in Red, but I don't think she counts as a New X-Men.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

What is your favorite Polaris costume?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

I like these two the best, though they both have problems. The X-Factor Investigations one is good too. I don't know if I have a particular favorite though. I've enjoyed most of her costumes, but haven't really felt too strongly about any one of them.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 01-28-2019 at 09:43 AM.

the x-office refuses to spend money on topping the steranko costume and it's disgusting

#BringBackTheSkull
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Another day, another repeat of talk about costumes. It's pretty much the one topic this thread has.

New piece by neiljorge

The completed commissioned Polaris mask I posted about before.

Fan mod of Polaris if she had been included in Marvel Avengers Alliance like she should have been.

I will have something to post later.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Sorry for the redundant topic, but I'm working on a sketch and wanted to see if there was a consensus with respect to Lorna's various costumes. The Marvel Avengers Alliance one looks like Scarlet Witch, only green. Interesting. I'll flip a coin and either go with her very first costume, or come up with something new. Not necessarily better, but different. (Hmmm...I wonder what Lorna would wear if she had been chosen as the Hellfire Club's White Queen?)
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Sorry for the redundant topic, but I'm working on a sketch and wanted to see if there was a consensus with respect to Lorna's various costumes. The Marvel Avengers Alliance one looks like Scarlet Witch, only green. Interesting. I'll flip a coin and either go with her very first costume, or come up with something new. Not necessarily better, but different. (Hmmm...I wonder what Lorna would wear if she had been chosen as the Hellfire Club's White Queen?)
    That reason's a good reason. If I had known that, I would've replied differently. It's just that under ordinary circumstances, it feels like all the thread ever talks about is costumes, and that much of the reason is because it's a safe, simple, low-effort topic where nothing's really going to change from discussing it.

To answer your question given the reason for it, here's my current favorite if the chest bubbles are removed.

It's a concept by Kris Anka. I think it's an excellent evolution of her iconic costume that maintains her overall look for identity and recognizability, while also adding a non-intrusive secondary color, maintaining her royal look, while also adding a tough warrior look to the mix. I feel it could do for some adjustments now that a couple years have passed looking at it, but it's still good.

Beyond that, just about any variation of her iconic costume.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

You don't need to apologize. That comment was unnecessary. I hope that you'll post your sketch when your done.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    You don't need to apologize. That comment was unnecessary. I hope that you'll post your sketch when your done.
    Actually, I'd say what I said was pretty necessary.

I agree Judicator didn't need to apologize, especially in this case. That's a different matter. Asking for views of costumes when planning to draw art of it is a good thing, and I'm glad he asked.

But simply as a topic of conversation and nothing more - what it looked like in his first post - constantly rehashing costumes as often as it's done here is deadening. And I'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    the x-office refuses to spend money on topping the steranko costume and it's disgusting

#BringBackTheSkull
    I'd like to see the skull return as well. It was an interesting addition to Lorna's look.

And I'm out.
    Last edited by salarta; 01-29-2019 at 11:16 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    That's right, it wasn't, but what's new. I mean, the AUDACITY of discussing the look of a character, in a visual medium. Anyway, so do I, and look forward to it.

... I'm working on a sketch and wanted to see if there was a consensus with respect to Lorna's various costumes. The Marvel Avengers Alliance one looks like Scarlet Witch, only green. ... (Hmmm...I wonder what Lorna would wear if she had been chosen as the Hellfire Club's White Queen?)
    That's because that's all it is.

Moving on, just a few that readily came to mind, due to the mentions of Steranko & the skull:

... and one per you specificity:

I mean, if you want to have less activity and longer periods of inactivity on this thread because people stop looking, then you guys have fun with that I guess.

People who want to see the rest of the minicomic, check the link in my sig toward the end of each month. Also on Twitter and Tumblr. There's only a couple pages left to come. My contact info is in the sig as well for discussion about things besides costumes.
    Last edited by salarta; 01-29-2019 at 11:18 AM.