Page 12 of 92 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

I am just so happy that Lorna and Mags arent just metal benders anymore.. It really sucked a few years ago when all they could do is control metal.. I hope MCU lets Magneto and Polaris manipulate energy in the movies(tv shows).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I mean, if you want to have less activity and longer periods of inactivity on this thread because people stop looking, then you guys have fun with that I guess. ...
    That's a pretty presumptuous remark to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I am just so happy that Lorna and Mags arent just metal benders anymore...
    I am, too, their powers are much more versatile than that.

I wonder if we get a glimpse of Polaris in the Prisoner X environment, in today's AoXM Alpha?

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I wonder if we get a glimpse of Polaris in the Prisoner X environment, in today's AoXM Alpha?
    There wasn't. Bishop gets taken away, and it sets up the beginning of Prisoner X, but no Polaris. Though I'm really eager to see why Lorna is there.

battlearmorjman

POLARIS.jpg
    Got a Polaris tat - im pretty happy with it. Goes with my Quicksilver (and soon to be Dazzler tat).

Quote Originally Posted by battlearmorjman View Post
    POLARIS.jpg
    Got a Polaris tat - im pretty happy with it. Goes with my Quicksilver (and soon to be Dazzler tat).
    Thanks for sharing! It looks really good.

BANNED

Damn, dude, that's pretty awesome! Once ya get Ali added, I'd like to see piX of all 3 together - thanX for posting!!!

Polaris is vastly underutilized in X-Men and she should be a leading lady with her history and powerset. She also has a great look. Bring back early X-Factor red and gold costume.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Polaris, faux cover. Admittedly, not the most original costume that I could come up with, but different than her normal fair. Just add cloak for the classic regal look, I suppose. That said, I do still like Lorna's original outfit -- well, everything except for the misshapen tuning fork atop her mask -- so there's a good chance I'll double back at a later date to draw her in that costume.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

BANNED

Aw, man, I really like that JudicatorPrime. Reminds me a lil' of some of Wada's designs for her:

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Polaris, faux cover. Admittedly, not the most original costume that I could come up with, but different than her normal fair. Just add cloak for the classic regal look, I suppose. That said, I do still like Lorna's original outfit -- well, everything except for the misshapen tuning fork atop her mask -- so there's a good chance I'll double back at a later date to draw her in that costume.
    This looks like a righteous 80s pop singer photoshoot and I am here for it! Liking the costume too, the little touches of white are a great addition.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Polaris is vastly underutilized in X-Men and she should be a leading lady with her history and powerset. She also has a great look. Bring back early X-Factor red and gold costume.
    Lorna is sadly underused. Still hoping things will pick up for the character after Prisoner X. The red/gold look was my favorite of the 90s X-Factor era, but I don't like that color scheme too much for Polaris. I think those colors make more sense for Rachel or Jean. Though I would like to see metal incorporated into her costume like it was with that one. Thought that was a very nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    This is lovely! Those darker colors really make Lorna's hair pop. I like how sleek this look is.

Even though it was shortlived, I loved that Lorna got to lead her own team of X-men last year

It would have been nice if we could have gotten two arcs with them. There was a lot going on in Cry Havok, and I think it could have benefited for being stretched out a bit. Though I'm always happy to see Lorna leading again. She did good, but I wished we could have seen more of her and the team. Though I think Bunn said that editorial didn't even want Polaris' team to deal with Mothervine, and instead wanted it go to to the O5, so I'm thankful we got what we got. I'm not 100% on this, but I think I read that he said that on a podcast or something.

It sad that more than half of Lorna's old team is now dead. Bloodstorm, Xorn, and Daken have all been killed. Though I"m sure Daken will be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    It would have been nice if we could have gotten two arcs with them. There was a lot going on in Cry Havok, and I think it could have benefited for being stretched out a bit. Though I'm always happy to see Lorna leading again. She did good, but I wished we could have seen more of her and the team. Though I think Bunn said that editorial didn't even want Polaris' team to deal with Mothervine, and instead wanted it go to to the O5, so I'm thankful we got what we got. I'm not 100% on this, but I think I read that he said that on a podcast or something.

It sad that more than half of Lorna's old team is now dead. Bloodstorm, Xorn, and Daken have all been killed. Though I"m sure Daken will be back soon.
    I think you got that mixxed up. Bunn didnt want Lorna's team to deal with Mothervine; he originally envisioned that to be an O5 story but editorial made him due the Poison X/Venomized crossover and said they needed to be there. Lorna's team was a last minute thing he thought up as to not delay his plot and account for the O5 being missing

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think you got that mixxed up. Bunn didnt want Lorna's team to deal with Mothervine; he originally envisioned that to be an O5 story but editorial made him due the Poison X/Venomized crossover and said they needed to be there. Lorna's team was a last minute thing he thought up as to not delay his plot and account for the O5 being missing
    Oh, okay. That makes sense. Thanks!