Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ... Bunn... Lorna's team was a last minute thing he thought up as to not delay his plot and account for the O5 being missing
    Once again, necessity proves to be the mother of invention.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-03-2019 at 10:40 PM.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

founded this ones on pinterest, pretty cool right?
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i liked this one too but doesnt seem like a fan art
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Our girl is featured on a couple of 2nd print UXM covers

I love the #5 for Lorna but the #6 is a better cover

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

It was nice seeing Lorna featured on some of the variants!

While Polaris isn't mentioned in today's Marvelous X-Men, it seems to imply that X-Man does away with his team's close relationships, and in Laura's case, her sister Gabby. Seeing as how Honey Badger is part of Prisoner X, and Magneto is on Nate's team of X-Men, X-Man might have had Lorna put away due to her being Magneto's daughter. Alpha and Marvelous have both got me excited for Age of X-Man, and I'm eager to learn more about Lorna being in the Danger Room.

At least that's my theory lol.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 02-06-2019 at 03:07 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I am just so happy that Lorna and Mags arent just metal benders anymore.. It really sucked a few years ago when all they could do is control metal.. I hope MCU lets Magneto and Polaris manipulate energy in the movies(tv shows).
    Well they already let Polaris control electromagnetism in various forms (electricity, light, and radiation in Gifted). We've seen she controls electronic systems/computers.

BANNED

When does the next episode of Gifted come out?

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    When does the next episode of Gifted come out?
    Next Tuesday. February 12.

I've thought things through a bit and since Mlad is a great artist and he deserves exposure, it's not fair to not post the pages of the minicomic. So here's the latest. I'll finish with the posts, so expect one post toward the end of February, and one toward the end of March.

If you want to give Mlad some praise, send to him directly. I won't see it to pass on to him if it's posted here.

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post

founded this ones on pinterest, pretty cool right?
    BEYOND! And these 2 in particular, are just DIVINE!!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Well they already let Polaris control electromagnetism in various forms (electricity, light, and radiation in Gifted). We've seen she controls electronic systems/computers.
    I feel like I really should watch this show. I catch video clips now and then.

When you think about it, Erik and Lorna are untapped wells of power when they began to show mastery over not just magnetism (which is very powerful by itself), but the electromagnetic spectrum. Radio waves, microwaves, infrared, x-rays, gamma rays, etc. When all that comes into play, what can't they do?

To go even further, could they have the potential to pick up on thought freqencies? Emma once piggy-backed onto radio frequencies when she couldn't penetrate psi-shielding, if I remember correctly. Can't remember the specifics, but it might've been an issue written by Mike Carey. So if Emma can change to a different frequency, can Erik and Lorna do the same to pick up on thoughts? Although I'm sure that will never be explored, but just curious.
    Last edited by Drey; 02-07-2019 at 10:54 AM.

I've longed wished that writers would do more with Lorna's powerset. The electromagnetic spectrum should allow Polaris to be more versatile than she's depicted, but she's often just throwing metal around, and creating force fields. Its a problem that isn't unique to Lorna, as I feel that writers across the board should be more creative when dealing with the more versatile powers on the X-Men, but often stick to the basics (Force fields, energy blasts).

The idea that Polaris could use her powers on peoples minds, or own her own as a type of psychic shield, has been discussed here before, but I'm not too versed on the subject to add anything to the conversation lol. Though for me, that goes a little too far. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing something like that, but I don't want it to be done regularly.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 02-07-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Thanks, Luckystar!

A gorgeous cover featuring Lorna for Prisoner X. Will be nice to see Polaris and Forge in the same title again.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I've longed wished that writers would do more with Lorna's powerset. The electromagnetic spectrum should allow Polaris to be more versatile than she's depicted, but she's often just throwing metal around, and creating force fields. Its a problem that isn't unique to Lorna, as I feel that writers across the board should be more creative when dealing with the more versatile powers on the X-Men, but often stick to the basics (Force fields, energy blasts).

The idea that Polaris could use her powers on peoples minds, or own her own as a type of psychic shield, has been discussed here before, but I'm not too versed on the subject to add anything to the conversation lol. Though for me, that goes a little too far. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing something like that, but I don't want it to be done regularly.
    Yes, it's unfortunate that many powerful characters get reduced to throwing generic energy blasts and force fields.

Love the cover! I immediately thought of a young Mariah Carey when I saw Lorna.

BANNED

Lookin' SO forward to Prisoner X's Polaris, and the truth behind what's more & more seemin' like a Dani Moonstar doppelgänger. As well as what lies beyond for both, after AoXM, and the titular Uncanny + its WotR tie-in. Not to mention The GiFTED's return neXt week:

... and the New Mutants movie's supposed release somewhere, down the road. Throw in X-tracts' crazy Dazz (+potential, future comic prospects, too) & her hopefully shining, more-than-a-cameo appearance in Dark PhoeniX, and 2019's lookin' to be a banner year for the X-ladies I LOVE the most - BOOYAH!!!