Page 16 of 92 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    Job done! She only needs 4 or so more votes to take the lead!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Voted! I hope she wins!
    YES, power to Polaris, and The Gifted finale tomorrow night - thanX x2!!

BANNED

Emma Dumont on tomorrow's night's season 2 (series?) ender:

The Gifted Season 2 Finale Has Tragedy, Hope, 'Impossible' Amounts of Action and 'Literally the Craziest Twist' @TVLine.com
    ... “It’s crazy, it was so big. And very heartbreaking,” says Emma Dumont, who plays Lorna. “Matt wrote, like, a two-hour episode, and we only had 44 [minutes] and change, so we’ll see how that goes! But yeah, a lot happens.”...

... “There is 100-percent a cliffhanger, but it’s not what people think,” Dumont teases. While season finales typically leave a life or lives in jeopardy, “This cliffhanger is not that simple.” Instead, she says the final moments will introduce a new element to the on-the-bubble Marvel series.

Of the possibilities, Dumont offers, “Maybe a new dimension? Maybe a new world? Maybe a new faction? Maybe a new comic book character?” Whatever the case winds up being, “Literally, it’s the craziest twist,” she avows. “We were all shocked, like, ‘What is this?'”

All told, Dumont echoes Nix’s words above, saying that Season 2 has “a pretty traumatic ending, but one that is also very hopeful.”

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm excited that there will be lots of action. Hopefully we get to see some cool stuff from Polaris.

As for the twist, I think it involves Blink. I imagine Clarice will come back from the future, or another universe, and perhaps bring people with her in an attempt to change this universe's future. That's my guess.

Preview of Polaris in Prisoner X.

too
    AiPT!: Wheelchair X-Tremist (@OneWheelchairX) was also concerned… about Havok and Polaris’ level of post-secondary education. Will Alex and Lorna ever finish their university degrees?

Jordan: Well, here’s the thing–when we named the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning, I pointed out to Nick Lowe that “Higher Learning” is traditionally used to mean college. We stuck with it anyway… but that means that it must have been accredited as a college-level place of education. So, I am sure at some point it just awarded them their degrees.

Actually, I am going to assume every X-Man over 18 has been given an honorary doctorate at this point.

AiPT!: Very interesting… just like this eXclusive image of Lorna in the Age of X-Man (probably wishing she could be in school… ya know, instead of prison).

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

did the writters do this because the popularity of the character in the show and that scene?
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post

did the writters do this because the popularity of the character in the show and that scene?
    Maybe? I'm not sure. I wouldn't be shocked if it inspired them.

BANNED

I'm excited that there will be lots of action. Hopefully we get to see some cool stuff from Polaris.

As for the twist, I think it involves Blink. I imagine Clarice will come back from the future, or another universe, and perhaps bring people with her in an attempt to change this universe's future. That's my guess.
    I'm VERY eXcited, too, and think your guess might be right!

Ooh, lovin' her soulful facial eXpression & cascading, freestyle hair, especially the coloring of it & her eyes. And in the background, is that... Angel? How could it be?!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    too
    AiPT!: Wheelchair X-Tremist (@OneWheelchairX) was also concerned… about Havok and Polaris’ level of post-secondary education. Will Alex and Lorna ever finish their university degrees?

Jordan: Well, here’s the thing–when we named the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning, I pointed out to Nick Lowe that “Higher Learning” is traditionally used to mean college. We stuck with it anyway… but that means that it must have been accredited as a college-level place of education. So, I am sure at some point it just awarded them their degrees.

Actually, I am going to assume every X-Man over 18 has been given an honorary doctorate at this point.

AiPT!: Very interesting… just like this eXclusive image of Lorna in the Age of X-Man (probably wishing she could be in school… ya know, instead of prison).
    ThanX, Juan, lovin' the Lorna attention!

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post

Seems likely, so my guess is... YES!

Next page of the minicomic with Mlad. One page left.

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Polaris End Gifted Ask Polaris

Emma Question

https://twitter.com/EmmaDumont/statu...69453169827840

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Man did she ever get totally minimized this season. Feelsbadman.jpg

Sorry Lorna fans

After such an awesome season 1 and a seemingly resurgent season 2 for our gal... nope. Tossed into the woodchipper of fate. Such is life

Let's find out what Prisoner of X has in store

Oh sweet looks like the writer/artist watched the show's season 1 when Lorna was treated well. Glad at least one book is letting those vibes influence the character
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Unfortunately, there wasn't much I was enthused about, with Polaris' part in the finale tonight. Maybe her reasoning with Esme, but that's only if I HAD to pick somethin', that was even remotely memorable... in a favorable way. Oh well, here's hopin' for a soft reset in S3, if we get it.

Won't be able to watch till much later tonight (basketball preempted again, ugh!), and will post my thoughts at some point tomorrow.

While Lorna didn't get a huge amount of focus this season, I was fine with her overall character. She didn't really feel all that different to me, and a lot of things that happened I expected to happen to her. Looks like some interesting things happen, and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Unfortunately, there wasn't much I was enthused about, with Polaris' part in the finale tonight. Maybe her reasoning with Esme, but that's only if I HAD to pick somethin', that was even remotely memorable... in a favorable way. Oh well, here's hopin' for a soft reset in S3, if we get it.
    Your talk of soft reset intrigues me, continue.

Won't be able to watch till much later tonight (basketball preempted again, ugh!), and will post my thoughts at some point tomorrow.

While Lorna didn't get a huge amount of focus this season, I was fine with her overall character. She didn't really feel all that different to me, and a lot of things that happened I expected to happen to her. Looks like some interesting things happen, and I'm looking forward to seeing it.
    I swear I'm not saying this to be mean or anything I just find it an interesting irony. Do you remember that time when we were all worried Lorna was going to abandon the Inner Circle, and you told me absolutely not, because of what she was wearing in a pic? And I'm like 100% sure that pic was from an episode when she had already abandoned them. I just find that interesting that's all.
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 02-26-2019 at 08:58 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Your talk of soft reset intrigues me, continue. ...
    I will, but it's late & I'm gettin' sleepy, so will try for early tomorrow. I said it more in regards to Lorna's character specifically, but wouldn't mind it being applied to the whole show's approach overall, in tone, style, & subject matter.