Page 22 of 92 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Memories that will live on.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwu8O47g2W2

It's a group piece :sighemoji:
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

Thanks! I can't find anywhere that says it's a group piece. If it is, and the group piece is with the Jean one she's doing, I'm actually very happy about that. Both because I want to see more of Lorna's history with Jean acknowledged, and because pairing with Jean helps to show her history goes back that far.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I assumed she and Jean are part of the same thingie jiggie.

Feast, my Heroine Addict. Feast and grow stronger.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

I assumed she and Jean are part of the same thingie jiggie.

Feast, my Heroine Addict. Feast and grow stronger.
    My dearest, Kinky Lil' Canine,

A sincere thank you. Seeing this Polaris find was sorely needed, as it proved to be uplifting. Made up for the lack of Lorna in that far too Gabby
    heavy--for my tastes--Prisoner X #3 preview.

And thank YOU, Jen Bartel. The wheels are spinnin', as to what this could be pertaining to.

Jean IS in her AoXM/Hickman HOX donned, Marvel Girl togs, after all... hmm.

With 💚,
    A happier Heroine

P.S. Angry Polaris is the BEST Polaris! Jean & Lorna = neXt gen, la fierce femme... Xavier & Mags.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 04-27-2019 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

Jean IS in her AoXM/Hickman HOX donned, Marvel Girl togs, after all... hmm.[/INDENT]

P.S. Angry Polaris is the BEST Polaris!

Jean & Lorna = neXt gen, la fierce femme... Xavier & Mags.
    Not a group picture. The artist has been drawing for Black Panther on and off. It’s a good bet those are art from an upcoming issue. Based on issue 11 and the summary it looks like issue 12 at the end of May will be some kind of secret history flashback issue.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-27-2019 at 03:46 AM.

BANNED

My thinkin' was that it might be for a HiXman magnum opus--or something else?--variant cover, much like she did for Disassembled:

Last edited by Heroine Addict; 04-27-2019 at 03:30 AM.

My thinkin' was that it might be for a variant cover, much like she did for Disassembled:
    Check the upper right hand quadrant of the Jean picture closely and it will give a hint. File names usually come under comic as in BP for Black Panther and page number.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-27-2019 at 03:32 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Check the upper right hand quadrant of the Jean picture closely and it will give a hint. File names usually come under comic as in BP for Black Panther and page number.
    Aw, bit of a bummer, but still intrigued.

BANNED

... Black Panther... art from... upcoming issue...... 12... some kind of secret history flashback...
    ... T'Challa's lost past is revealed here!...
    Sounds similar enough to:

POWERS OF X #1
    ... reveals the secret past, present and future of mutantkind, changing the way you look at every X-Men story before and after. ...
    ... mere coincidence, or more of a choreographed connection?

Anyway, one after the other:

... = neXt gen... Xavier & Mags.

BANNED

Further food for thought:

... Years ago, the Black Panther departed Earth for the stars - and discovered an empire bigger than he could have dreamed. Learn at last how the King of Wakanda found himself a slave in the Vibranium mines of a half-familiar world. ...
    ... and possible parallels to be drawn:

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    ... A very interesting theory on what Hickman has going on and if it's somewhat true, I'm totally here for it.

http://www.xavierfiles.com/2019/04/2...-age-of-x-men/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The theorist put a lot of thought into it and I got more excited the more I read it. The cover of House of X does look like the Mars where Ex Nihilo is hanging out. X-Nihilo. And I have to look back but he says the portal Xavier and the others are stepping out of looks similar to Manifold's portals. Bring it on, I say.

BANNED

Perhaps what we have seen:

... and will be:

... is foreshadowing some of those forthcoming, future revisions, to reflect...

... the secret past, present and future of mutantkind, changing the way you look at every X-Men story before and after.

=neXt gen... Xavier & Mags.
    If their relationship is going to be revived in any meaningful way that the broader fanbase becomes attached to I would agree. Marvel has made sporadic attempts to restart Lorna and Jean’s as BFF’s who agree on almost everything and we know how that has gone.

Jean and Storm are BFF’s who agree on most things and the audience is emotionally attached to that. It’s not going to be supplanted period. Jean and Emma are rivals in the personal sphere and the ideological sphere. That creates a window for Lorna and Jean as friends in the personal sphere, but rivals in the ideological sphere.

I also see the potential for Lorna and Emma as well as characters who agree on many things on the ideological side, but personally don’t particularly like one another.

Lorna as the green haired Jean only who gets possessed by things much less interesting then the Phoenix Force was never going to earn the character more then B or C list status.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-27-2019 at 05:47 AM.

BANNED

... Jean and Storm are BFF’s who agree on most things and the audience is emotionally attached to that. It’s not going to be supplanted period. Jean and Emma are rivals in the personal sphere and the ideological sphere. That creates a narrow window for Lorna and Jean as friends in the personal sphere, but rivals in the ideological sphere.

I still see the potential for Lorna and Emma as well as characters who agree on many things on the ideological side, but personally don’t particularly like one another. ...
    A most adept summation, with MUCH nuance, that could be milked for the foreseeable future.