Page 31 of 92 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Powers of X

spoilers:
    There is a 100 year in the future green haired character from the sound of it bred who shows up. Who knows if related to Lorna and I didn’t really care for her or the new characters in general in Powers of X other then Nimrod ironically.

As for green Magneto he hardly appears and there is not to much to say there that hasn’t already been said. It’s probably a merger/chimera, but I don’t have all that much interest about an AU future character who seems set for deletion probably this arc or next.

That said in the present day Lorna isn’t part of the HoM sector that I saw. She might still be hiding about, but it’s looking grim.

I am giving Hickman some time. His overall plot idea seems interesting with a bit too much future universe that I am not interested in. I don’t care about him listing Magneto as Omega and not Lorna as I have always laughed at the power classification stuff. But, the overall vibes I have been getting from Hickman overall related to Lorna have left me uneasy.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-31-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Powers of X

spoilers:
    There is a 100 year in the future green haired character from the sound of it bred who shows up. Who knows if related to Lorna and I didn’t really care for her or the new characters in general in Powers of X other then Nimrod ironically.

As for green Magneto he hardly appears and there is not to much to say there that hasn’t already been said. It’s probably a merger/chimera, but I don’t have all that much interest about an AU future character who seems set for deletion probably this arc or next.

That said in the present day Lorna isn’t part of the HoM sector that I saw. She might still be hiding about, but it’s looking grim.

I am giving Hickman some time. His overall plot idea seems interesting with a bit too much future universe that I am not interested in. I don’t care about him listing Magneto as Omega and not Lorna as I have always laughed at the power classification stuff. But, the overall vibes I have been getting from Hickman overall related to Lorna have left me uneasy.
    end of spoilers
    She also wore purple which screamed Lorna

spoilers:
    Someone mentioned something called X-traitors to me, and I could see Lorna fall into something like that. Would make sense for her to be among some "traitors" to go against the mind control/manipulation kinda stuff she's been victim to way more often, and show her with a different POV due to her experiences and lack of acceptance of her. But, then I remembered this is Marvel. Where potential doesn't matter, just egos.
    end of spoilers

By the way, thanks for posting and sharing, juan!
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She also wore purple which screamed Lorna
    I am a big sci-fi fan, but I had no idea what to make of that future character. Then again there wasn’t much to go on.

In terms of Krakatoa there might be something rotten in Denmark, but it was clear from HoX won’t make uncovering it simple.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-31-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

if theres a plot twist thant involve lorna could really be amazing
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm still holding out hope to see Polaris in the House of M sector. We only got to see it briefly in today's issue, but i'm sure we'll see her eventually somewhere. They said the list of X-Men was huge in this event.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    if theres a plot twist thant involve lorna could really be amazing
    I haven’t given up on her appearing as yet. Here is to hoping we can see her political side for the first time in over a decade.

By jinizart
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-01-2019 at 03:47 AM.

Fan art but maybe a Day

BANNED

I mean Princess Lorna has to show up in the House of M stronghold.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Fan art but maybe a Day

I'd actually be excited, and have a reason to watch something MCU for the first time since the first Avengers film.

New Twitter sucks. I'm doing what I can to capture tweets now. Here's a recent one.

The video to represent Marvel here is one where the girl pretends she's listening to music and can't hear someone trying to talk to her.

As said before, Omega classifications (and similar schemes) as a concept are trash. This tweet does multiple things: demonstrate this to be true, highlight the underlying problem of bias, and further show international interest in Lorna (and other women that Marvel has more respect for).

It also shows that Marvel spurning the character isn't going to make the fandom go away like they think. It's just gonna give Marvel more negative word of mouth.

This got tweeted out by the EZCosplay company's account today. There's also a Gifted version wig. Cosplay level interest in Lorna has apparently grown to a point where companies think they can make meaningful amounts of money selling a whole ready-made costume, not just bits and pieces (e.g. headgear).

Lastly, I've run into yet another case of someone mistaking Enchantress in something for Polaris. I don't even bother correcting it anymore. It's happened too often. Besides, if Marvel's going to exclude Lorna from everything, may as well let people do the inverse and say she's everywhere.

P.S. - If Lorna doesn't show up in HoX/PoX, then her not being in it is the reason they had her in the Uncanny event and Prisoner X. It's the same play they went with for Secret Wars. Put her in some stuff, then leave her out of what follows. Only this time it would be more damning considering Krakoa, House of M, and the Genoshan genocide have all played roles in this story.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

On the other side of the tracks of my comments.

I'm withholding assumption that this is tied to Lorna, like most people think. It would be a fair, safe assumption for someone to make. But I don't trust Marvel anymore, and assume bad faith on their part until I see things that prove otherwise.

This sweet piece was made by a Twitter user from Mexico, 15 years old. A significant chunk of Lorna fans I've seen online are in their teens.

A little flavor for the thread.

I keep running into fancasts of Zoë Kravitz as Polaris. That's the most common fancast I see these days, outside of tweets and posts appreciating Emma Dumont playing her.

There is a very multicultural, inclusive undercurrent to interest in her.

I felt like checking in on the instagram fandom for the first time in several months, so here's some of the first things I saw that popped for me.

Polaris, Mystique, Spiral, and Lady Deathstrike as characters from Jem and the Holograms.

This fan has a lot of Lorna cosplay, and goes by Queen of Genosha on Facebook. Some of her text is in French, so I assume she's from a French-speaking country (if not France).

A Flame Con cosplay from a year ago, recently reposted by the cosplayer. Design is by Kevin Wada.

One of these was 3 hours ago, another 4 hours ago, another 5 days ago (I skipped some other good ones to decide on these 3).

A Twitter user made a tweet asking people who they thought was the most underappreciated X-Men. Normally, I just highlight one tweet and leave it at that. This time, I decided to make a montage of all the replies I could see, out of the 162 replies they got, that said Polaris. Not including my own.

Obviously, Lorna wasn't the only character with a lot of mentions. Cyclops definitely got more than her. I also remember seeing a good number of Jubilee, Iceman, Dazzler, and Storm. Not sure how many mentions compared to Lorna; I didn't count. The montage up there gives 7 for Lorna, 8 if you count mine that isn't in the montage.

Polaris by Steampunkeye

Neat use of energy hair, along with glow on wristbands or bracers or whatever they should be called.

Art 72.19 by Arakito

I wish Lornaxwas on the Summers book with Jean and Rachel.