Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 730
  1. #586

    Default



    Art by Rhiannon Owens posted a couple hours ago to Twitter. I'm not keen on the costume, but others are, and it's great quality regardless.



    By sonibonidoodles



    More cosplay, by miss.kuyen. Spanish language. This time it appears to be more Gifted-inspired.
    I can also be reached on Twitter and WordPress.

    Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad, now complete!

  2. #587
    Mighty Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post


    My personal favorite out of all of Polaris' uniforms.

  3. #588

    Default




    A couple fanart pieces by daaesart with the concept of Lorna's roots being neon green when she dyes her hair black.
    I can also be reached on Twitter and WordPress.

    Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad, now complete!

  4. #589
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    17,323

    Default


  5. #590

    Default

    Thanks juan! At this point I'm surprised when she's even on a cover (which I'm assuming this is), even when it's part of a huge panoramic picture meant to represent all mutants.
    Last edited by salarta; 08-26-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    I can also be reached on Twitter and WordPress.

    Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad, now complete!

  6. #591
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    My personal favorite out of all of Polaris' uniforms.
    It was good for the era and it was before her headgear started becoming iconic. Though her headgear doesn’t have much in the way of deeper meaning the way it was given in live action.

    Its nice to see so many Acolytes make the covers of the every mutant ever set of covers. Some other fans noticed as well.

    I can't see the MCU using the Acolytes at least for a decade or so. Too many characters with too many strange and distinct power sets that it would drive the CGI people nuts. Eventually the computers will make it much easier though. The Brotherhood is what the MCU will likely start with unless they go the mutant homeland route from the start. Ironically the Brotherhood is the one Magneto centered mutant team that Lorna has no historical affiliation with any of their multiple incarnations.

    I don’t think Lorna works as the middle between Magneto and old Xavier. Not the way things evolved where there are too many other X-Men in the role from Betsy to Scott to Wolverine and on and on. Even Jean will likely be joining ‘the middle’ with X-Force and Kitty seemingly in her title. Magneto isn’t the foil he was 20 years ago either. Time have changed.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-28-2019 at 06:06 AM.

  7. #592
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    17,323

    Default




    Who is coming to dragoncon?! I am so excited to be back in ATL and I just might be giving away some signed Polaris Legends action figures to those who can answer some pretty tricky X-men trivia.

  8. #593
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    17,323

    Default


  9. #594
    Mighty Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    It was good for the era and it was before her headgear started becoming iconic. Though her headgear doesn’t have much in the way of deeper meaning the way it was given in live action.

    Its nice to see so many Acolytes make the covers of the every mutant ever set of covers. Some other fans noticed as well.

    I can't see the MCU using the Acolytes at least for a decade or so. Too many characters with too many strange and distinct power sets that it would drive the CGI people nuts. Eventually the computers will make it much easier though. The Brotherhood is what the MCU will likely start with unless they go the mutant homeland route from the start. Ironically the Brotherhood is the one Magneto centered mutant team that Lorna has no historical affiliation with any of their multiple incarnations.

    I don’t think Lorna works as the middle between Magneto and old Xavier. Not the way things evolved where there are too many other X-Men in the role from Betsy to Scott to Wolverine and on and on. Even Jean will likely be joining ‘the middle’ with X-Force and Kitty seemingly in her title. Magneto isn’t the foil he was 20 years ago either. Time have changed.

    Magneto, Emma, even Mystique have much more to bring to the table as X-Men then Lorna does. Complaining about Marvel won’t change that. I am long over doing that. Finding ways for her to adapt to the new environment might.
    Well, if the headgear has become iconic, perhaps you could add some headgear to the Auston era vampire cape costume. Or maybe not. Maybe I'm just to attached to the vampire cape costume, and need to accept the fact that it wont be returning. I still appreciate the fact that it was not a monotone green costume.

    You said that the headgear had started becoming iconic. Is this because of cosplay, or The Gifted show that I did not watch. Or is it because of something else ?

    And yes, it was nice to see all of those Acolytes on the giant " every mutant ever" cover, even if it likely wont mean anything.

  10. #595
    All-New Member Rakurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    13

    Default

    From Marvel Universe Fall Magazine 2019
    Sapola.jpg

  11. #596
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Well, if the headgear has become iconic, perhaps you could add some headgear to the Auston era vampire cape costume. Or maybe not. Maybe I'm just to attached to the vampire cape costume, and need to accept the fact that it wont be returning. I still appreciate the fact that it was not a monotone green costume.

    You said that the headgear had started becoming iconic. Is this because of cosplay, or The Gifted show that I did not watch. Or is it because of something else ?

    And yes, it was nice to see all of those Acolytes on the giant " every mutant ever" cover, even if it likely wont mean anything.
    The Gifted gave the headgear some actual deeper meaning along with her code name in an otherwise very bad season two (these are things that don't exist in the comics so far as her name and headgear). In my view its still not a necessary ingredient in any Lorna costume, but could be if they give it more meaning then it has currently.



    If they have a great outfit that works without a headgear I would certainly be game for seeing it tried out.

    We probably won't ever see the Reload/Austen-Milligan era costume again, but who knows I would like to see it in call backs to the early 2000s at least. The headgear started being used in 2006 not long after Decimation and it was used as part of her new default costume, a version was used in the animated TV show, most (not all) family art and cosplay of the Decimation era thru today. Then Emma Dumont championed the idea of bringing it onto The Gifted.

    Going without it for awhile might be a positive so when it comes back in some form they can develop meaning behind it like they did when it went away for Magneto for awhile in the 80s only to return as a symbol. Frankly I think they can design a better headgear for Lorna then we have seen the past several years anyway. Hidden Years and Genosha each had better headgear for Lorna.





    If it goes away and then comes back after a time perhaps they can add on actual meaning to it and some actual utility as say telepathic protection.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    From Marvel Universe Fall Magazine 2019
    Sapola.jpg
    Thanks for bringing that over. It seems X-Men #1 will be the overall launch into what the different actors are doing.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-28-2019 at 09:09 AM.

  12. #597
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    From Marvel Universe Fall Magazine 2019
    Sapola.jpg
    You mean there is no conspiracy against Polaris and she shows up in X-men 1. It is almost as if someone said this, I am mean I can quote myself that is not as fun

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    for all we know she will be there but not promoted, much like they did in Disassembled
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    True but my point remains. All we have for X-men #1 is a cover and Lorna isnt promoted on it just as she wasnt promoted on the Uncanny X-men #1 cover yet was there
    Anyways it is good that Polaris is showing up let's see how much Hickman has her in the rotation

  13. #598
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    for all we know she will be there but not promoted, much like they did in Disassembled
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    True but my point remains. All we have for X-men #1 is a cover and Lorna isnt promoted on it just as she wasnt promoted on the Uncanny X-men #1 cover yet was there
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    From Marvel Universe Fall Magazine 2019
    Sapola.jpg
    Yep, just like I said

  14. #599
    Spectacular Member houndsofluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Honestly wasnt expecting to get Lorna or Magneto so early but no complaints here

  15. #600
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    From Marvel Universe Fall Magazine 2019
    Sapola.jpg
    Yes!! I figured she was showing up eventually, but I didn't think it would be the first issue! Also happy to hear that she'll be involved with "big action stuff" with Storm and Magneto! Can't wait to read that.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •