Page 41 of 92 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I'm thrilled.

I'll believe it when I see a page.

This is where I admit about 99% of people have good reason to believe it's going to happen. Especially after hearing from others that her future use was confirmed at SDCC (along with a whole panel of other characters). But as I've said before, I don't really trust Marvel these days. I know how quickly and easily their plans change, and saw it with Jeff Parker's Exiles, the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon, etc. I basically need to see work's been done.

If it does happen, then the next question is if it's good for Lorna. X-Men Blue #9 looked like it was going to be a high-profile return for Lorna after 2 years in limbo, but her usage ended up being a Havok and Magneto promotion fest. Regardless, this doesn't change my views on recent X-Men/Marvel activities. All else I'll say is that if a) Lorna does appear, b) it's a meaningful presence, and c) it actually treats her well, then I'll buy and read the issue. Same as always.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Lawd faddah gimme strength, yuh hear?
    Becau ah cyah deal wit dis no more.

BANNED

I mean, we've seen preview pages from the issue in question, so...

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

ugh, rereading Austen brought back some appreciation for Polaris. Nurse Annie was so creepy!!!!

Ultimate Member

On that at least we agree...and her kid was even more creepy...

so creepy!!!!!!!!! Part of that is the artists making him look very young and then a different artist drawing him older.

I could see interesting dynamics between Lorna and Nurse Annie, if Annie were to return. I feel that was a major missed opportunity in Marjorie Liu's Astonishing arc (although I did generally like Liu's writing of Lorna, of what there was). I've also felt that a team book with Lorna leading it could include Annie as the team medic.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Screw Annie. Put Polaris in an Amelia Voght (<3) led Acolytes.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Screw Annie. Put Polaris in an Amelia Voght (<3) led Acolytes.
    This would be great. Love Amelia. Though I think it'd be better with them as co-leaders.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 08-28-2019 at 07:08 PM.

I don't really think Acolytes would fit Lorna unless their philosophy changed.

Lorna isn't a Magneto worshipper or pure adherent to his philosophies. It worked for her in the past as a part of finding herself and building her connection with her father, but I think she's moved past that stage of her development, and returning to it would be a backstep. Much like being part of an X-Factor team led by Havok would be a backstep.

lesbianformutantrights made this recently. She has another, completed picture that includes Wanda, Emma and Mystique, but I wanted to use this one because it's easier to see details.

teal-bandit with another great Magnus family piece

I think X-Force would be a good fit for her on the Field team

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    This would be great. Love Amelia. Though I think it'd be better with them as co-leaders.
    I can dig it. She can lead them into being more useful. Maybe a political movement as opposed to Xavier's newfound isolationism.

BANNED

I'm willing to pay never to see Annie again.

The center of the x-line has moved more towards where Lorna was early last decade and where she argued to Xavier he should take it (in Uncanny 443 the run that started this conversation), but that creates an issue for Lorna as well as Magneto because for them to stand out of the pack they have to shift their own prospective. They already have for Magneto into more of a messianic character then we have seen in decades. Where that goes is anyones guess. Lorna will have to shift one way or the other as well. I expect them either to shift her in a more radical direction or a return to straight up early 90s Jean lite Lorna.

In terms of the Acolytes. Some may remembering the 90s version not any of the more modern versions (they were disillusioned and disbanded and were led by Scott after all on Utopia). I doubt they will be resurrected either, but if they are the sky is the limit as long they aren't a carbon copy of the 90s version. If she is taking a more radical direction I don't want Lorna under anyone though (the epic disaster that was The Gifted season 2 is case and point to why its a bad idea). Its a prescription for either that travesty or another manipulated by bad dad awakening storyline which Fabian N. tried to turn Genosha into neither which serve the character or will make her relationships with the X-Men at all interesting after the story arc.

We don't know what Magneto is doing come the Fall so we can't judge the options. I will say my belief after years of experience that plopping Lorna with the other X-Men (last done in X-Men Disassembled) gets her no where unless she has something worth talking about with them or some significant underlying conflict. The Austen era was the last era where I believe Lorna interacting with the X-Men (not the usual suspects for her) actually worked because she had some major under the surface and at times at the surface differences with Wolverine, Jean, Xavier, etc. due to the Genoshan genocide and that fed her interaction with them for a few years.

If Lorna ends up doing something Magneto related the minimum requirement is that she be his right hand or equal in a way she was not at any time in the past other then when he was injured and out of commission. Otherwise she will at best fall into the same boat as the Cuckoos with Emma getting the great lines that makes her a popular and interesting leader and them being the support staff or an after thought. Lorna should not be a follower for anyone at this point be it her father, Scott or Emma. She should be their equal at this point in her history.

If its not Magneto related its going to have to be a great idea. Lorna rebelling against her father and going straight up 90s Jean is a spot Marvel would feel safe with, though it would crash and burn and fast. She would also come off a contrarian flake or more likely Alex Summers did to x-fans when he joined Uncanny Avengers if Lorna suddenly goes a radical direction against where the core of the X-Men is when they are fighting to make her old dream a reality.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-29-2019 at 06:41 AM.