Thanks for the images juan.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    that's so adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Thanks for the images juan.
    Thanks Jmc247 more

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Aww, I think she's cosplaying as Polaris in her X-Men: Blue costume! That wig looks amazing! Wish we could have gotten something like that, outside of her pregnancy look. Miss her.

The Gifted writers let those actors and all that worked on the crew down so very hard in season 2. Another season was possible on Hulu as The Orville managed. They straight up shot Lorna's character in the head over and over again in the season. Emma was their breakout star and she was demoted not to a co-team leader, but a useless overly emotional mom/foot soldier to a new character. Then she was turned into the world's most cowardly traitor ever. The only way the show deserved a season 2 was if they fired their whole writing staff. But, one doesn't fix a ratings collapse and end worse then the Inhumans did.

Season 1 Lorna and Emma Dumont's depiction will live on though and did a lot of good for the character.

The lessons from The Gifted will also live on as something fans should always push back against when Lorna has an upcoming comic appearance.

Never accept her as anything less a joint leader or if its Magneto his right hand and actual partner. I say actual partner because Bunn's version of it was Magneto interacts and debates with Xorn, Briar, Jimmy and even teen Jean. But, when it comes to Lorna there was no real partnership. Its not at all that she blindly followed him. Its that her focus was completely narrow and she really wasn't part of the discussions philosophical or tactical. Her focus was on saving her ex and building a friendly relationship with dad and that was it.

I do see the potential for Lorna on a revolving cast of the X-Men under Hickman, but there are some issues. As others said the last page she hasn't had an edge in a long time and that was completely the case over the past few major appearances in the 616 with her. What happens AU as in Prisoner of X is irrelevant in that regard other then to show there is more fan interest in the Lorna who is willing to use her powers without compunction against foes then the reverse. In the same way season one of The Gifted got people talking around the whole world about her including millions from China.... mother hen Lorna of season 2 was an abject failure to generate discussion and interest in Lorna.

If Lorna is on a rotating cast with Mags I see the potential for her to start to build up relationships with the core X-Men that others might look to and she can do something with. If they go with the powerful x-families in conflict and at times cooperation with each other route it could do good. Lorna would have to have a different relationship with Magneto then we have seen to date though. More something akin to what we saw in the House of M miniseries then anything from the 616 done in the past.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-31-2019 at 03:22 PM.

My opinion is that the ANXF costume would be better than Blue, because ANXF had Wanda and Pietro, it was a book with her as leader, and it had none of Lorna used to promote Havok over her own potential (particularly not having a cover like X-Men Blue 28).

But every fan feels differently about various aspects of her history and usage.

Team leadership for Lorna can take many directions. Ultimately, what really matters is that Lorna actually gets treated like a leader, it bears her history and development in mind, Marvel actually gives it the support it needs, and it doesn’t try to define her exclusively by what she means to some other character.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I like the combo of splitting Magneto’s helmet in half, and the art moving outside the “frame” of the cover, for that one fanart. Very creative.

Also very nice of (and to see) Emma Dumont to offer up a Polaris figure, engage at this level, and continue to show her fandom post-Gifted.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Marvel 1000 House of M

Thanks Juan keep those pictures coming and yes the top group is supposed to be HoM the middle AoA and the bottom the ‘03 X-Men.

Uh, uh but... typical.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-31-2019 at 07:05 PM.

She seems so happy about the character she's playing. I love her.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    She seems so happy about the character she's playing. I love her.
    She was ecstatic when she got a copy of X-Men #50 for her birthday (sharing that is still one of my most popular Tumblr posts), so yeah, she’s definitely a huge fan. Probably the most committed and enthusiastic actor-fan-of-character-they-played I’ve ever seen.

And yeah, mentioned elsewhere about Lorna’s exclusion from the House of M portion of the page above. Kinda hard to believe Marvel isn’t biased against Lorna when they keep showing blatant signs of it.