Page 75 of 92 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1371

I wouldn't be suprised if it happened. I remember several of us mentioning mauraders is a pretty small team and will proably get more members, especially if you have them in different places like Bishop was.

Right now there is Storm, Bishop, Kate, Pyro, Iceman Emma. That imo leaves three slots open since it's been mentioned Emma will rarely be on the boat.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Why would the writer spontaneously add two mutants to the Marauders' public roster?
    Well they shouldnt because they make it seem like theyre all aware of what the other writers are doing.

But Sunfire can be confused as Pyro.

And Polaris I figured would have her own team.

Or maybe they just helped on this mission.

Who knows just wasnt trying to get my hopes up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    ....Why? 10c

Because of the possible new books coming out. Why not?

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Sunfire did show up in a panel though. Pyro appeared at the beginning, and Sunfire is shown leaving the ship.

Marauders #3: SALT WATER & HELLFIRE! Sebastian Shaw recruits a new Black Bishop continuing with his machinations against the two Queens of the Hellfire Club!

https://mobilestore.marvel.com/Marau...al-comic/53267
    There are two queens of the Hellfire Club and a Black Bishop yet to arrive. I will just say the boat seems full as we speak. The cast on the Marauders can fit maybe one more justifiably, probably not two or more and do justice with them.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Or maybe they just helped on this mission.
    There are three female leads of this title already. Kitty is clearly the on the ground scrapper, or tip of the spear as someone said, Storm the powerhouse and Emma the brains behind the operation.

I didn't expect Lorna to get her own book, but I don't see a lot of room in this one for her unless its politics between Emma and Shaw... which looks from the solicits like the only open slot at the moment.

In terms of the Marauders if she ends up on it and that isn't a given its pretty clear she is either a central member of the Hellfire Club politics as there will be only three involved or a second tier member of the already sizable boat crew and I have given my vote there.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-06-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Sunfire did show up in a panel though. Pyro appeared at the beginning, and Sunfire is shown leaving the ship.
    Yup I missed that. My bad.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm not getting my hopes too high for it, but the idea of Polaris joining Marauders would be awesome. Seeing Lorna along Iceman, Storm, Bishop, and Kate, could be really interesting.

Though you'd have to wonder how she'd feel joining a group named the "Marauders". Her Malice possessed days aren't a bright spot in her history.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    There are two queens of the Hellfire Club and a Black Bishop yet to arrive. I will just say the boat seems full as we speak. The cast on the Marauders can fit maybe one more justifiably, probably not two or more and do justice with them.

There are three female leads of this title already. Kitty is clearly the on the ground scrapper, or tip of the spear as someone said, Storm the powerhouse and Emma the brains behind the operation.

I didn't expect Lorna to get her own book, but I don't see a lot of room in this one for her unless its politics between Emma and Shaw... which looks from the solicits like the only open slot at the moment.

In terms of the Marauders if she ends up on it and that isn't a given its pretty clear she is either a central member of the Hellfire Club politics as there will be only three involved or a second tier member of the already sizable boat crew and I have given my vote there.
    I think the first issue showed how valuable Lorna could be on these team. She could do what kitty did to all those machines in seconds. And in a world where man is relying even more heavily on machinery she just seems too perfect. But then she seems perfect for X-force. How can there be so many books Lorna is perfect for and no lorna.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think the first issue showed how valuable Lorna could be on these team. She could do what kitty did to all those machines in seconds. And in a world where man is relying even more heavily on machinery she just seems too perfect. But then she seems perfect for X-force. How can there be so many books Lorna is perfect for and no lorna.
    If they wanted Lorna in Kitty's place doing it I would say great. Its clear they are moving characters like Kitty and Jean into positions that would have fit Lorna and her philosophy on coercion, but as you say it leaves Lorna without an obvious place anywhere.

Generally I wouldn't see her involved in Hellfire Club politics unless its a faint to play Emma and Shaw against one another.

Duggan is setting up a surprise foe for Storm to fight on the mostly unrevealed January cover.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-06-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That's what I'm saying broski. Beast but not Lorna in XForce is just....

And I also think Lorna would work as Emma's confidante/new ally way more smoothly than Kate Pryde does. However if Marauders is about sort of "seduction/corruption/exposure to harsh reality and increase in pragmatism" for Kitty then that's indeed a different role.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    If they wanted Lorna in Kitty's place doing it I would say great. Its clear they are moving characters like Kitty and Jean into positions that would have fit Lorna and her philosophy on coercion, but as you say it leaves Lorna without an obvious place anywhere.

Duggan is setting up a surprise foe for Storm to fight on the mostly unrevealed January cover.
    Isn't that going to be Callisto?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Isn't that going to be Callisto?
    Possibly, but we have already seen a picture of Callisto, not sure why they would be hiding the cover and variant cover for #6 of the Madripoor arc. The team overall seems overpowered for their likely foes already even without Storm or Iceman much less any Lorna possibility.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-06-2019 at 05:29 PM.

Marvel is predictable, even (or especially) when they think they're being unpredictable.

The only time Marvel has truly surprised me since 2015 was when they included Lorna on Genosha for a small portion of an Amazing Spider-Man cover. That's sincerely the only time I saw something that went outside the norm - to a point where I actually tweeted a thanks to JDW, before I realized interacting with him is a mistake. Everything else has been within expectations. Including the theories/hints posited in the past two pages.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    That's what I'm saying broski. Beast but not Lorna in XForce is just....
    Again: X-Force is now more than just a black ops squad, it is the mutant CIA. I am not going to gatekeep whether Beast the genius should be part of that, it makes sense to me. Same with Marauders given Kitty and Emma's long and complex relationship. I see no reason to shove one of them out of roles that make perfect sense to me when Lorna could be in either book without that.

I learned today that if you do a gif search for Polaris on Twitter, the majority of what comes up is Lorna from Gifted.

Also, her Wikipedia entry says she's the younger half-sister of Wanda and Pietro (which remains true as far as I'm concerned, Marvel's word not really being valid). Also also, Secret Empire is the last publication history entry the Wikipedia article has, which I think goes to show how what Marvel's done with her for the past few years hasn't actually meant anything. Magneto has a blurb on House of X by contrast.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)