Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thanks for posting the panels. They look okay. Second panel comes across as mostly giving lip service to people that are fans of the show, testing how little they need to do with characters they don't care about to minimize complaints.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I know that Polaris' role in Uncanny #10 was small, but it was still better than what most of the other X-Men received, seeing as it was just one big fight with a bunch of characters. Her battle with Magneto was more than what many others received, and it was nice to see again. Perhaps some sort of conflict with Magneto is what causes her to be kept hostage in Prisoner-X

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Lorna gets jobbed often, so I was happy with it tbh. It was nice to seeing her be the last one standing in that group. I'm guessing her relationship with her father will be the reason she's imprisoned as well. Gabby is there too, so maybe their familial ties are what they're there for.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    I know that Polaris' role in Uncanny #10 was small, but it was still better than what most of the other X-Men received, seeing as it was just one big fight with a bunch of characters. Her battle with Magneto was more than what many others received, and it was nice to see again. Perhaps some sort of conflict with Magneto is what causes her to be kept hostage in Prisoner-X
    "Conflict" with her father, out of the Blue, is what gives Lorna her only identity in this series! Don't you find that annoying as hell? I do! In Universe, she should know more than anyone what being possessed means, and that Magneto needs help to break free, not verbal assaults that are replays of how Wanda and Pietro were written in the 1990s. From the macro point of view, Polaris is defined only by telling Magneto what a bad man he is, and attacking him! She is the last X-person who should be trying to take down Magneto, as their powers don't work on one another. The writers can't think of a thing to do with Lorna except "attack Magneto."

Since Magneto seems helpless in this Age of X-Man, it would be really ridiculous to continue any focus on Lorna solely because of a "conflict" with Magneto. There should be no conflict. They're all caught in some kind of mental universe, they're all in the sh*t together. Lorna should be her father's ally. Better still, why don't they tell the story of "Prisoner X" without defining Lorna only by her "conflict" with her father.

This is so lame. I can't tell you how lame this is. So many of us spent 20+ years protesting the stupid dialogue and interactions between Magneto and Wanda and Pietro.

Wanda and Pietro: We hate you Magneto, you're a bad, bad man.
    Magneto: You ungrateful children, worse than a serpant's tooth.
    Wanda and Pietro: We hate you Magneto, you are the worst man in the universe. You need to die.
    Magneto: You are disrespectful, ungrateful children, I want to kill you.
    Wanda and Pietro: We hate you, We hate you, you bad bad man. You are evil and bad and We hate you.

Seriously, that was the gist of all their interactions. It would be funny if it weren't so stupid. So all of a sudden, after an attempt by Bunn to work on the father and daughter relationship of Max Eisenhardt and his daughter Lorna in X-MEN BLUE, we're back to Polaris taking the Wanda and Pietro role. "You're a bad, bad man, Magneto. I will fight you and fight you because that's all I'm good for in the X-Men comic books."

Possesed Magneto vs characters who should be concerned about Magneto like Lorna and the O5 (4) (3?) should've been the focus of an entire issue with emotional beats. Each Horseman should've been an issue. But ya know. Poor story structure or something.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Possesed Magneto vs characters who should be concerned about Magneto like Lorna and the O5 (4) (3?) should've been the focus of an entire issue with emotional beats. Each Horseman should've been an issue. But ya know. Poor story structure or something.
    I would've loved to see something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    You are correct, sir. One of my main complaints. I've tried not to post all my unhappiness or complaints in the regular review threads of each issue, but this is it. Double page spreads, FIST POSE! Everyone take that FIST POSE. Not just constant fighting, but confusing, silly, bizarre fighting. It was like an X-Men video game that got short-circuited. Not one believable human interaction between the characters.

And yes, one whole issue devoted to the confrontations between the possessed and their loved ones, family members, even ideological opponents, would have been perfect. That's exactly what we missed!

But also, we needed to see Lorna portrayed as if she has an existence outside of (now suddenly) hating on her father!

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    "Conflict" with her father, out of the Blue, is what gives Lorna her only identity in this series! Don't you find that annoying as hell? I do! In Universe, she should know more than anyone what being possessed means, and that Magneto needs help to break free, not verbal assaults that are replays of how Wanda and Pietro were written in the 1990s. From the macro point of view, Polaris is defined only by telling Magneto what a bad man he is, and attacking him! She is the last X-person who should be trying to take down Magneto, as their powers don't work on one another. The writers can't think of a thing to do with Lorna except "attack Magneto."

Since Magneto seems helpless in this Age of X-Man, it would be really ridiculous to continue any focus on Lorna solely because of a "conflict" with Magneto. There should be no conflict. They're all caught in some kind of mental universe, they're all in the sh*t together. Lorna should be her father's ally. Better still, why don't they tell the story of "Prisoner X" without defining Lorna only by her "conflict" with her father.

This is so lame. I can't tell you how lame this is. So many of us spent 20+ years protesting the stupid dialogue and interactions between Magneto and Wanda and Pietro.

Wanda and Pietro: We hate you Magneto, you're a bad, bad man.
    Magneto: You ungrateful children, worse than a serpant's tooth.
    Wanda and Pietro: We hate you Magneto, you are the worst man in the universe. You need to die.
    Magneto: You are disrespectful, ungrateful children, I want to kill you.
    Wanda and Pietro: We hate you, We hate you, you bad bad man. You are evil and bad and We hate you.

Seriously, that was the gist of all their interactions. It would be funny if it weren't so stupid. So all of a sudden, after an attempt by Bunn to work on the father and daughter relationship of Max Eisenhardt and his daughter Lorna in X-MEN BLUE, we're back to Polaris taking the Wanda and Pietro role. "You're a bad, bad man, Magneto. I will fight you and fight you because that's all I'm good for in the X-Men comic books."
    Well, I'd say that the worst thing that defines Polaris' role in the X-Men line overall is the stupid relationship with Havok that she is constantly put back into. That's what has been going on for decades, and does more damage to Polaris and her ability to have stories of her own. I used to say so in Lorna's previous threads often. Until I stopped posing there because it was always the same argument between the same people.

I know that possession is another frequent overused element to Lorna's history, and she would probably be more sympathetic to some one who is under mental control. But, as far as her battle with Magneto goes in Uncanny#10,well, I didn't take it as a personal grudge fight with her father. I just read the story as one big cluster **** of an out of control battle, and Lorna was in no position to try and reason with Magneto before things got even worse

Now, I'm not saying that all of Lorna's stories should revolve around Mags. Being locked in the slammer because of a confrontation with Magneto in AoXM is just a guess on my part. It could be something else.
    And, I did enjoy X-Men Blue, and the advancement of her character there. Unfortunately, all of Bunn's X-work seems to be falling by the wayside.

And, I'm going to guess that I just like Polaris' interactions with Magneto, Wanda, and Pietro more than you do. We all have our likes and dislikes.

Those are just my opinions. Feel free to disagree.

BANNED

Watching last week's Gifted right now..halfway through...so they did it. They had her conscience go into overdrive over teaming with mass murderers. But does that weaken her POV...should it? I hope not. I dont want to see a regression.
    Last edited by MichelleDiMera; 01-17-2019 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Watching last week's Gifted right now..halfway through...so they did it. They had her conscience go into overdrive over teaming with mass murderers. But does that weaken her POV...should it? I hope not. I dont want to see a regression.
    I haven't watched the episode yet, will comment more when I do.

From the previous episode, I don't think it regresses her. Polaris is the "willing to kill, if it comes down to it person", she was the antihero willing to sacrifice a few morals for the greater good. But I think she's realized that what reeva is planning will lead to so much loss of life that it causes her to step back and question herself, on how far she willing to go on the "sacrifice morals for the greater good scale", and makes her realize that she's not willing to become a monster.

I think that's the difference between she and Magneto. And even then he flip flops

BANNED

So I finished out the ep..then watched this week's. Apologizing..undercover now....she should be fighting Reeva outright. They had Evageline say she was the key to winning..of course she is. Frost sisters are practically afraid of her. And shes too versatile to lose to a Banshee scream...lol. Just odd booking. Lauren seems to be getting a darker impulse but to what end? Just another stalemate with her brother.

The show focusing on the purifiers and lesser types wasnt a good move. This show's buzz was carried by the Lorna Character..anything less doesnt work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post

From the previous episode, I don't think it regresses her. Polaris is the "willing to kill, if it comes down to it person", she was the antihero willing to sacrifice a few morals for the greater good. But I think she's realized that what reeva is planning will lead to so much loss of life that it causes her to step back and question herself, on how far she willing to go on the "sacrifice morals for the greater good scale", and makes her realize that she's not willing to become a monster.

I think that's the difference between she and Magneto. And even then he flip flops
    Doing the Underground's way Is a pipe dream though. They have no foresight..no resources...often backdown, run..

Magneto? Right or wrong, there is no backing down or going back on his fortitude/conviction...the ends justifies the means. Lorna was on that trek to end the first season and it' was a welcome sight because doing things like Jean Grey usually just goes circular and often wastes time...gets you no progress. That's the last thing she needs...to be hampered down with a boyfriend who has issues seeing the bigger picture. That's the kind of soap opera that nobody needs.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    maybe Lorna in 2020 in Disney +
    I doubt they'd try to use her so soon after The Gifted did it's own take. Too much risk of unfavourable comparisons. More likely they'd hold off on using her for a while.

Also susrprised to see they're (apparently) considering starting the X-Men on TV rather than in the movies once they get the licence back. Seems unlikely.

Ultimate Member

Well the original five X-Men could easily be made into a tv show like Arrow and The Flash and such...and yeah Lorna would probably be put on the back burner for that, and yes Alex as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post

Agree with this 100%.