Page 83 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1371

Lorna coming in an update with Havok makes sense bc they tend to introduce characters in a theme and she is very linked to him. If not Alex, I would have expected a Magnus family theme update with her but considering Pietro and Wanda just got an update and technically still arent officially a part of the family, then thats not likely to happen in the near future. I could see a Women of X-men themed update with her

The whole clone issue being why she wasnt added in the past is BS now considering the roster is close to or over 200 characters, many of whom are very similar to another. Plus costumes changes movesets making some play likely completely different characters

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Lorna coming in an update with Havok makes sense bc they tend to introduce characters in a theme and she is very linked to him. If not Alex, I would have expected a Magnus family theme update with her but considering Pietro and Wanda just got an update and technically still arent officially a part of the family, then thats not likely to happen in the near future. I could see a Women of X-men themed update with her

The whole clone issue being why she wasnt added in the past is BS now considering the roster is close to or over 200 characters, many of whom are very similar to another. Plus costumes changes movesets making some play likely completely different characters
    I was talking about a MMO that was already closed down several years ago when talking about the maybe Lorna will come in with an update for him. That never happened. Marvel Contest of Champions added Havok as a stand-alone character at the start of the year BTW and still no Lorna.

I will still say I think next year will have House of M event type things as promotion for the upcoming show, however Lorna might be ignored there as well because really a great many of the generation of game makers is stuck in the past, but there is a chance that won’t happen due to Hickman.

The irony is Lorna as a member of the family was all but disregarded most of this decade outside minor x-titles until Hickman made it hard to ignore again. I think future family updates are going to have much more trouble ignoring her not that some won’t. Anything taking into account Hickman’s run won’t come out until next year.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-18-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Sketch card Reload memories.

I don't think she will fully get the respect she is due (even with a role in the MCU) until in the comics she gets an event where she is at the core of it the way other the other 60s mutant women Jean and Wanda had events about them.

A Wanda type mental break down... its been done repeatedly with Lorna making for little actual impact if it occurs again and a redundant 'healing plot' and I honestly don't see that as the path forward. A mind control plot line is a reoccurring plot device that never got her anywhere where Lorna is left with no actual responsibility other then feeling bad for something someone else forced her to do. A Jean/Dark Phoenix type power corruption plotline for Lorna? Nah. You don't go from a character who has a reoccurring theme of pitch hitting for her father leading the likes of Mesmero or in more modern times Frenzy in a war to a power corruption storyline. Dark Seduction 2.0 wouldn’t work any better then the first attempt.

I generally believe the best track for an eventual Lorna centered event many years down the line is to take ideas already there and bring them to their full conclusion at least for the event. My image of it is along the lines of the UN launches a surprise attack on certain long time threats of theirs like Magneto and he is killed or left like he was in after Fatal Attractions in a coma. Lorna has to led in his absence and her response against the UN leads to an epic war of the roses between her and her friends. Well she doesn't really have many friends on the X-Men, but they would have to act like she did for the event and the years of 'making up' after would finally develop friendships between her and the X-Men.

Obviously the events to work have to be something that one can see both sides of the issue of. The Gifted in this area was very much on the right track in season one, but wussed out in season 2 by trying to turn Lorna into an overly emotional manipulated victim instead of having a real hard hitting conflict and debate about the morality and question of if or when political violence to stop a genocide is ever justified. Then making up after the war. They short changed their plot and did Lorna and their show no favors in the process.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-18-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm so tired of Lorna getting shafted in games. If you can find a way to include Wolverine/X-23, then you can find a way to have Polaris and Magneto exist as well. They have a lot they can do with their powerset, and there is really no valid excuse IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm so tired of Lorna getting shafted in games. If you can find a way to include Wolverine/X-23, then you can find a way to have Polaris and Magneto exist as well. They have a lot they can do with their powerset, and there is really no valid excuse IMO.
    The only time I can recall her being playable was the Days of Future Past game, which I loved but sadly stopped getting updates after they announced Magneto as playable

I still dont know how the decision was made to include Lorna, especially since she wasnt involved in the comic story or movie. This still baffles me as a complete shock

That was back when Fox and Marvel were still working together to promote Fox/Marvel films.

In the early plans for DoFP Lorna was going to have a sizable role. The director changed and the script changed and Lorna was downgraded to the little girl in Quicksilver’s arms who you see more of in the Rogue cut.

X-Men: Days of Future Past Cut Scarlet Witch Out; Who Is the Third Sibling?

The order still went out in 2012/2013 that Lorna was going to be in DoFP so she was included in that game and probably Marvel Legos as well because of it as per Marvel and Fox’s deals. In the end Matt Nix won the character for The Gifted and Lorna wasn’t included in any of the future x-films.

Her role kept on being downsized and was even bigger in the Rogue cut.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-18-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Games will be somewhat a canary in a coal mine for does Marvel have big plans with the character or even if those working on the games think they have big plans. This is why covers and variant covers matter.

Rachel was added two months ago before X-Men #1 came out as in right before most likely because she had been getting decent play on covers including the cover to X-Men #1. If Lorna, Magneto, Storm and Scott were on the cover Lorna there is a not small chance Lorna would be in at least one game right now. Lorna compared to how much she was in HoX/DoX has been under promoted based on covers and variant covers compared to her role.

At the same point the success of HoX and X-Men #1 and Lorna being in it might shake a game maker like FF to consider it if fans press them right now. That said it hurts Lorna isn’t in any coming Dawn of X covers and lacks an ongoing.

In terms of the big mo of appearing in a lot of games that will only happen if she has a high profile iconic storyline or Marvel plans for her to have a sizable role in the next animated series or future part of the MCU. If she appears in one game it a start and we should shoot for a start. But, is she suddenly appears in a lot it probably means there are actual big plans for her.

Post Kevin F. takeover as COO Marvel is likely going to be much more synergized in some areas with the various branches working together. Still fan input matters for these games and making a case matters. Lorna fans actually have a case she matters somewhat in the new era of X-Men even if she doesn’t have an actual role yet.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-18-2019 at 09:04 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...at-mcm-london/

Looks like she's got another appearance set.

Cool.

I'm always down to see more of the original lineup, and the ANAD team.
    Same! But...

The Alex Ross stuff isn't even connected to Hickman's work. ...
    … IDK, kinda feels like it's tangentially so. I mean, seems it's gotta be (coordinated) to some degree, given the subject matter.

The positive of this era for Lorna: Hickman better managed to get Lorna's post Genoshan genocide philosophy on the world then any writer this decade in HoX.

The negative: She has no storyline currently and the status quo based on what Bleeding Cool has said will be with us for quite sometime given sales which would be great if Lorna had a role.

The positive: She could be a bit of a cameo queen based on the set up if writers actually respect the character and not simply respect her father. We have seen her father cameo in Fallen Angels.

For me X-Force #2 will be the real test. Jean and company are setting up a mutant CIA and are going to need guidance. Lorna and Magneto Hickman depicted as working closely together. I would expect in real terms both Magneto and Polaris to be there for advice. If its just Magneto I am going to take the view this era really isn't in Lorna's interest given Magneto is also going to be in X-Men + Fantastic Four and has a big role in coming X-Men issues and is guest starring on other titles as well.

For me Magneto and not Lorna being in next weeks issue will really mean to me that the current status quo isn't going to even effectively use her in at very least the guest star position that the era should open up for her. I won't have any comment if its only her father is there... though it will mean for me even her status quo working with her father and her history all around isn't benefiting her.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-21-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I had hoped we'd learn about X-Corps today, but it doesn't seem to be solicited for February anymore. I guess its been pushed back.

Still got my fingers crossed Lorna will be utilized there!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Did not know Mags will be in 4X, that's cool to hear.

But yeah it's the same problem as ever, writers use Mags when they can and ignore Lorna.

At least X-23 is allowed to be in her own squad away from Logan
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Did not know Mags will be in 4X, that's cool to hear.

But yeah it's the same problem as ever, writers use Mags when they can and ignore Lorna.

At least X-23 is allowed to be in her own squad away from Logan
    For the creation of a mutant CIA after the events of X-Force #1? Sure he would be there, I could guess that before I saw this. What about Lorna?

She might be, I am dubious, though. The problem is and this extends really to all her comic runs he past two decades outside of Austen and second run PAD's is she is seen as a character to further other characters stories. But, only a real select few as in family and romantic interests.

The character would actually be getting somewhere if she moved into being seen as a character to further a wider net of characters stories. Until she gets her own major critically acclaimed arc that puts her writers minds as a legitimate bad ass the way they see her father its likely a losing battle.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-21-2019 at 01:54 PM.

No Lorna in X-Force #2.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...orce-2-Preview

Well that makes life a bit easier for my wallet, I am dropping all but one of my Dawn of X pull list and I will decide in a few weeks about the last one.

I was ok with Lorna not being a regular on any title if she cameos from time to time like her father does all the time. But, a continuation of Lorna that isn't around unless a writer needs a character to act as a sounding board for her father or a Summers isn't what I signed up for. Lorna has no role on the island and she isn't really being used in any capacity or even trading off cameos on occasion in titles with her father.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-21-2019 at 02:09 PM.

BANNED

I don't really understand making the "I'm dropping these books unless Lorna appears in the same book Magneto does, next week, because I've just now decided she has to be there today" rule off the top of your head. That seems arbitrary and destined to fail, but do what you feel.

BANNED

I'm hoping the fact that Hickman made a point of using Polaris with her father in HoX, then again in XM not only with him but separately with Cyke also, bodes well for her DoX future & beyond. I've been thinkin' we may even get a book down the road, focused on Mags, her, & whoever else, and their Krakoan House of M.

X-Corp does get a mention in the NM preview, with Sunspot saying he legally insured it'll be in good hands, if he's gone in space for longer than eXpected. And it looks like now, there's a good chance he will be. He also noted that he just signed whatever was put in front of him, without really looking it over, which could lead to some surprising beneficiaries.