Page 85 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1371

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Thus far the books have felt interconnected, and have had impact across the line. Kitty and her boat, and Xavier being killed. I'd imagine that the things that happen in Giant-size will have an impact outside of just that title.

Perhaps Lorna and her father get permission from the council to follow up on the Children of the Vault that they discovered? It ties in with the first issue of X-Men, and could further explore, and better define a potential threat that could effect other books. That way it could play a part in a larger narrative and not just feel like a one and done situation.

Polaris, Magneto, and the some other Acolytes (Amelia Voght, and Frenzy) teaming up would be a dream.
    Lorna certainly should reconnect to some of the Acolytes given the opportunity that Krakoa presents. That is actually a pretty strong idea all around.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-22-2019 at 12:59 PM.

BANNED

A HUGE YES to Polaris teamin' up with FRENZY! I've always been partial to Unuscione & Scanner, also. Then there's Exodus, of course, and Amelia Voght, as mentioned.

Besides Paris, what were some of the other cool male Acolytes, though? I don't recall any myself.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    A HUGE YES to Polaris teamin' up with FRENZY! I've always been partial to Unuscione & Scanner, also. Then there's Exodus, of course, and Amelia Voght, as mentioned.

Besides Paris, what were some of the other cool male Acolytes, though? I don't recall any myself.
    The only guys I remember were Senyaka (energy whip) and Fabian Cortez. I'd imagine that Cortez has been brought back via the Resurrection protocols, but I doubt Polaris and Magneto would want to work with him. Though it could lend itself to some interesting tension and exchanges if they had to.

BANNED

OMG, Cortez, that puke! Whatta dick that guy was/is, could barely stand him. Still, he could make a good foil, like ya say. Long as Lorna & Erik are of the mind & in the practice of keeping their friends close, and their enemies closer.

I remember Senyaka visually, but not much else about him, unfortunately.

Perhaps some new, maybe even familiar, recruits are necessary.

Here is the full list below.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acolytes_(comics)

Cortez for Lorna and Magneto on Genosha was very much what they turned Shaw into for Emma. The team if it will be resurrected in time could use new blood.

I found out this week what that unmarked piece of Dark Seduction art I have seen pop up now and again was. It was a cover that didn’t get used in the US, but was used in certain foreign markets like South America.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-26-2019 at 12:25 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    … The team if it will be resurrected in time could use new blood.
    I nominate Sunfire, Warpath, Penance, Dust, Hellion, and/or Surge. Any or all, would be most welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I nominate Sunfire, Warpath, Penance, Dust, Hellion, and/or Surge. Any or all, would be most welcome.
    One or two of the younger generation that don't get much play would be a good idea. I will say I have always thought many Acolyte teams were lacking in an area.. a telepath. Perhaps there one of the Cuckoos could have a role.

My thoughts based on Hickman's comments is that factionalism won't really start until the second act of his story. But, my view is they don't have to be divided to exist as groups though I suspect we both know that headwinds will erupt by something or another and the various factions will start to cloister and that is when if it happens that will be the moment.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-23-2019 at 04:36 PM.

BANNED

Doesn't Exodus have TP?

Penance has it, and in fact just used it in HoX #4:

… to boost none other than Jean's.

She also has history with both Lorna (XFctr), and Mags (Bunncanny).

Penance is a good choice. I felt like their relationship on X-Factor had some of the rudiments of something that might take off, but like many of her relationships was missing a little something to make it click. I did read the work between her and Mags on Bunncanny.

Typically the team leader has telepathic protection, be that Magneto or Exodus and you are right Exodus has telepathic abilities, but he often isn’t around.

It felt like he was created as a replacement for Mags during Fatal Attractions. He played virtually no role in Magneto War then Genosha. He is one of the few major Acolytes Lorna probably never actually talked to.

HoX actually raised Exodus’ profile to something it hasn’t been since the early 90s along with giving him a council seat. I think I saw him on two or three variant covers.

BANNED

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Monet joining Lorna & Erik in their neXt endeavor.

I also like (Bennet du) Paris (Bennet), and am glad to see him gettin' some play after all this time. Here he is with the Acolytes in HoX:

… gettin' the invite to Krakoa, and then later arriving:

… with the other "BIG bads".

Wouldn't mind him maybe gettin' a new, more modern look, though, somethin' less ornate.

The fact that he was Dazzler's man in AoA:

… isn't lost on me either. 8D

(I'll take LornAli connections, wherever I can get them!! ;p)
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 11-23-2019 at 06:10 PM.

I didn't remembered that was Exodus in AoA. I guess that is part of the power of imagery if a character is too far from how you recognize him or her your brain blanks on it.

Hickman certainly likes writing Monet. I recall she was in his top 5 or top 10 when he listed it a couple months back. Magneto was number one there.

In terms of the complaint against Hickman that he can't do small character moments. I think House of X #5 between Lorna and Magneto showed that to be false, but they were talking high philosophy not the typical what do you feel about Alex really that we saw play out endlessly on X-Factor and it certainly undermined her run on Blue that the big issue was not what you think about the world its what you think about your ex. Too much writing other characters using Lorna as a proxy is toxic to the character. Some on occasion is to be expected, but within reason.

Hickman himself said he is much better with the voice of ambiguous characters. I think he is trying to diversify himself and strengthen his weak points. But, I also think based on what he has said he is chomping at the bit to get to phase 2 and I think Lorna having a real role in the new era if its going to happen will be then.

I still think there should be some coming together of factions before then. It doesn't really make sense for certain characters not to reach out to others if only for influence on the council.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I didn't remembered that was Exodus in AoA. I guess that is part of the power of imagery if a character is too far from how you recognize him or her your brain blanks on it.

Hickman certainly likes writing Monet. I recall she was in his top 5 or top 10 when he listed it a couple months back. Magneto was number one there.

In terms of the complaint against Hickman that he can't do small character moments. I think House of X #5 between Lorna and Magneto showed that to be false, but they were talking high philosophy not the typical what do you feel about Alex really that we saw play out endlessly on X-Factor and it certainly undermined her run on Blue that the big issue was not what you think about the world its what you think about your ex. Too much writing other characters using Lorna as a proxy is toxic to the character. Some on occasion is to be expected, but within reason.

Hickman himself said he is much better with the voice of ambiguous characters. I think he is trying to diversify himself and strengthen his weak points. But, I also think based on what he has said he is chomping at the bit to get to phase 2 and I think Lorna having a real role in the new era if its going to happen will be then.

I still think there should be some coming together of factions before then. It doesn't really make sense for certain characters not to reach out to others if only for influence on the council.
    But will Hickman himself write her? If she is on a book in "phase 2"? Like I don't think he's writing any books besides XMEN is he? Maybe he can give guidance as to how her role should be to whoever DOES write her but yeah.

What do you think about the writer for Prisoner X getting to handle our gal?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I will probably bite the bullet and buy the next issue of X-Force because I like the concept and I am a fan of Magneto. I was blowing off steam last weekend.

I want Hickman, his run and his big ideas to succeed. I am an old time sci fi fan who likes his concepts. I very much like this depiction of Magneto. He has done the character a great deal of justice and I want the character to continue to succeed. He has done a solid job in the bits he has written Lorna as well.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-26-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm very much hoping Vita will write Polaris again. I really enjoyed Lorna in Prisoner X.

Whatever title Vita is working on, Hickman said "That book was going to be something else."

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1198152600018812931

Magneto one shot.

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...ant-size-x-men

Well I was hoping for Magneto and Polaris, but even if she isn't in it I will buy it, if she is in it all the better. I can be hot headed and undeservedly so at times, but as I said I want Dawn of X to succeed with or without Lorna... preferably with.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-26-2019 at 12:49 PM.