Page 86 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1371
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I am bummed to not see Polaris and Magneto headlining this title. It was what I was hoping for.

I'd like think that Hickman will still have Lorna playing some kind of part in this story though. They'be been working closely, and I'd be disappointed to not see her featured at all.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I am bummed to not see Polaris and Magneto headlining this title. It was what I was hoping for.

I'd like think that Hickman will still have Lorna playing some kind of part in this story though. They'be been working closely, and I'd be disappointed to not see her featured at all.
    Yeah her not being in the description is bad but we'll see maybe she's on the cover or something. As long as she is in the book itself that's fine.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yeah her not being in the description is bad but we'll see maybe she's on the cover or something. As long as she is in the book itself that's fine.
    Its really not all that fine if you are right and yet she isn't rated highly enough to share his name on the cover as was the case with Jean and Emma. I have been trying real hard to be positive even though its not my nature.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-26-2019 at 07:43 PM.

Considering Hickman is writing it, I think there's a stronger chance that she'll appear than had it been any other writer. He seems to like Lorna, acknowledges her connection to Magneto and has a decent grasp on her voice from what little we've seen so far. Her name isnt in the title bc the book isnt about her but we can at least hope she has a strong supporting role

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    From Brazil.

Anyway, Happy belated Birthday to Chris Claremont, I may never have been happy with your Lorna, but I am rarely happy anyway and you write quite the story arc.

Its really not all that fine if you are right and yet she isn't rated highly enough to share his name on the cover as was the case with Jean and Emma. I have been trying real hard to be positive even though its not my nature.
    Yes upon further examination the description doesnt mention our gal at all, she isn't on the cover at all either

I feel like this is the BLACK situation all over again where we vainly hope she'd appear but didn't.

Our only reason to believe is Hickman writes it and he DID choose to include her earlier alongside Mags

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yes upon further examination the description doesnt mention our gal at all, she isn't on the cover at all either

I feel like this is the BLACK situation all over again where we vainly hope she'd appear but didn't.

Our only reason to believe is Hickman writes it and he DID choose to include her earlier alongside Mags
    Her absence on the description is not a definitive sign. I mean if you just went by the descriptions and variant covers of House of X, Powers of X, Dawn of X you would think she wouldn't have appeared in any of them given Rachel, Esme, Exodus and even North beat her out for number of covers and variant covers.

Marvel either thinks Lorna is bad for sales or has some very irritating fans who they aren't too happy with. I will only say if they are listening don't judge Lorna fans by myself. God no. I am an irascible grouchy curmudgeon who is quick of wit and ill of temper. There are some great fans out there who love everybody and are kind and sweet.

But, seriously, everyone here knows what I think Lorna deserves as a character, but I also made clear even at my most irritable Hickman's world building is great and has re-injected energy into the franchise and for now deserves support at least from an X-Man fan prospective.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-26-2019 at 07:17 PM.

BANNED

I’ve liked Lorna for decades but I understand why she’s not on the Giant Size title. The fact is she’s got a long way to go to become a marquee character. Hickman is the first major creator to take a substantial interest in decades. (I don’t consider Morrison using her for one issue to be a vested interest, and I’ve established that Chuck Austen’s legendary reviled run and subsequent run in softcore comics are not a consideration for me.) I would expect her to appear, but no, I’m not shocked or dismayed that she’s not headlining. That’s just me.

BANNED

While I admit to being a lil' disappointed as well, that Polaris didn't at least garner a mention in the solicit for Mags' GSXM ish, I agree it seems Hickman is interested in using the character & building her up. I say this keeping in mind, her HoX #5 & XM #1 appearances weren't "advertised" or promoted in the conventional sense, either.

I'm guessing & hoping we're going to see Lorna's journey from HoX, through DoX, and beyond, follow a similar, slow burn trajectory to prominence, like that of her AoXM Prisoner X story progression. Speaking of...

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm very much hoping Vita will write Polaris again. I really enjoyed Lorna in Prisoner X.

Whatever title Vita is working on, Hickman said "That book was going to be something else."

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1198152600018812931
    … and as I mentioned, it wasn't just because of her unrestrained, empowered portrayal towards the end, but also the warm & wonderful "bonding" her & Dani Moonstar demonstrated:

… which I'd LOVE to see developed & eXplored, in this new status quo.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 11-26-2019 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I’ve liked Lorna for decades but I understand why she’s not on the Giant Size title. The fact is she’s got a long way to go to become a marquee character. Hickman is the first major creator to take a substantial interest in decades. (I don’t consider Morrison using her for one issue to be a vested interest, and I’ve established that Chuck Austen’s legendary reviled run and subsequent run in softcore comics are not a consideration for me.) I would expect her to appear, but no, I’m not shocked or dismayed that she’s not headlining. That’s just me.
    Depends how you define "major" or "substantial" I guess

Austen did great things with Lorna even if many other aspects of his run have drawn ire. I think in general his run gets a ridiculous over the top bad rap. It's similar to response to the FOX movies, snowball effects set in when in reality it's just a few nitpicks.

Idk if I do expect her to appear, I just hope for it but yes the fact Hicks already wrote her into scenes alongside Mags is a good sign.

Not sure anyone is shocked or dismayed about the situation although the fact the first Giant-Size was a duo/teamup would lend itself to believing this could have been as well. I don't think it would have "tanked sales" in any way whatsoever to call it Magneto & Polaris...

OBEY

Memories of Lorna’s first friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    While I admit to being a lil' disappointed as well, that Polaris didn't at least garner a mention in the solicit for Mags' GSXM ish, I agree it seems Hickman is interested in using the character & building her up. I say this keeping in mind, her HoX #5 & XM #1 appearances weren't "advertised" or promoted in the conventional sense, either.
    I think the current era has produced some confusion because her role to date is not consummate with what we are used to from the visibility of it from the normal channels being covers, variant covers, or solicits. By in large her level of visibility mirrored what we would expect from the size of her role in Blue and earlier, but after that starting in X-Men Disassembled we saw her visibility significantly shrink compared to her overall role.

I am not talking quality here. I think X-Men Disassembled Lorna was a generic passionless throwback to the early 90s. What I mean was she was in one group cover with all the X-Men the artist could fit on there and then no covers or variant covers. I think she might have made one reprint cover that include some art inside the comic that had her in it.

She received a good cover or two for the Prisoner of X mini. I picked up the only variant I thought worth buying. Then comes HoX, PoX, and DoX and its much like it was with X-Men Disassembled. She made one every mutant ever cover and that has been it. Given her role in comics like HoX #5 and X-Men #1 and the number of variants involved it tells me the new editorial regime which came into power during the Cry Havok arc of Blue views her as more of a promotional minus then a plus when it comes to event comics.

What is something new for the character compared to the past was it not long ago was pretty obvious when and where the character would show up based on the promotional stuff given out if her role was bigger then wallpaper and sometimes with the 90s crossovers if her role in fact was wallpaper.

Hickman's Lorna was far better written then say The Twelve Saga Lorna or Fatal Attractions era Lorna. She has a storyline that if used well could be quite something. Its just we might not know its coming until it happens which is how I think current editorial likes it. I doubt that current editorial believes North, Esme, Exodus, etc. who all made variant covers are bigger sales draws then Lorna so on some level I think they have been hiding her role to date.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-27-2019 at 12:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    … I think they have been hiding her role to date.
    And I think you might be right. A stealth character arc if you will, that's gonna reposition her place & purpose long-term, in this post-HoX/PoX landscape of DoX & beyond.

Pretty sure JDW said EVERYthing that was done with Disassembled & AoXM, and goin as far back as Gold/Blue/Red/Astonishing even, was done with what's goin on now in mind. By way of foreshadowing & seed planting, as it were, pun intended. With Prisoner X being the most recent & best for Polaris, I say that bodes well for her future.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    And I think you might be right. A stealth character arc if you will, that's gonna reposition her place & purpose long-term, in this post-HoX/PoX landscape of DoX & beyond.

Pretty sure JDW said EVERYthing that was done with Disassembled & AoXM, and goin as far back as Gold/Blue/Red/Astonishing even, was done with what's goin on now in mind. By way of foreshadowing & seed planting, as it were, pun intended. With Prisoner X being the most recent & best for Polaris, I say that bodes well for her future.
    Do you guys really believe that though? It seems unlikely as hell to me but I guess maybe. We need some threads where reader analyze how that could "make sense" like what the "purpose" of stuff that happened recently could be in terms of leading into Dawn of X.

OBEY