Page 58 of 95 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

I like the kids, but I honestly think the better plan is to wait a long, long time and set the seeds for Future Foundation.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Have Doom play a role similar to William Riva in the first Iron Man film. He's fully named. He's only remembered because Obadiah Stane yelled at him ("in a cave with a box of scraps") then he disappears and plays a big role in a later film.
    That feels like the wrong direction. There needs to be at least one film without him and let the FF operate without this shoehorned intertwined origin. He shouldn't appear at all in the first FF film, the most should be a news report in the background of a tv somewhere about Latveria. That's the most.
    We've had three films with him as the antagonist and both film origins have him heavily involved and that takes away from both him and the team. Doom is remnant from Reed's past that comes back in a big way after they're the Fantastic Four. He is not apart of their origin and doing that in anyway takes away an important aspect of Doom and the FF.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    That feels like the wrong direction. There needs to be at least one film without him and let the FF operate without this shoehorned intertwined origin. He shouldn't appear at all in the first FF film, the most should be a news report in the background of a tv somewhere about Latveria. That's the most.
    We've had three films with him as the antagonist and both film origins have him heavily involved and that takes away from both him and the team. Doom is remnant from Reed's past that comes back in a big way after they're the Fantastic Four. He is not apart of their origin and doing that in anyway takes away an important aspect of Doom and the FF.
    Yeah. I'm tired of hero and villain having intertwined origins. The closest I could be happy with it a post credit college scene with Victor's machine blowing up. And that may not fit into a post-credit timeframe.

Mighty Member

I'm just waiting for the day I can recommend a Marvel film as the best Fantastic Four film and not the Incredibles.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’d like to see Doom introduced in the end credits of Doctor Strange. Maybe just seen from the back, sitting in his castle, watching potential threat to his power, Strange. But he shouldn’t be the main villain in the first film. I’d definitely love to see Annihilus as the first film.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Has a new permanent artist been named yet since Pichelli’s departure?

Mighty Member

Surprisingly, Adult Franklin Richards and Galactus makes a return in History of the Marvel Universe apparently as the narrators.

How important do you think the Fantastic Four or Franklin will be in the new X-Men story? They were in House of X #1. I think Franklin will probably end the whole ‘mutant v human’ thing after he gets caught up in the middle.

I think he loves his family too much to ever leave them and would help them and humanity over mutantkind.

Mighty Member

FANTASTIC FOUR #15
    DAN SLOTT (W) • PACO MEDINA (A) • COVER BY NICK BRADSHAW
    Mary Jane Variant Cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
    “Point of Origin” Part 2
    Everyone knows the story of the brave souls who were bombarded by cosmic rays and transformed into superhuman beings, how they became their world’s first line of defense against all alien threats. They are The Unparalleled! Seven super heroes who now must fulfill their destiny by defeating the fearsome, foretold forces of The Fantastic Four! Wait. What?!

FUTURE FOUNDATION #3
    JEREMY WHITLEY (W)
    WILL ROBSON & PACO DIAZ (A)
    Cover by CARLOS PACHECO
    Mary Jane Variant Cover by LEE GARBETT
    RAINBOWS AND REECE’S PIECES!
    Owen Reece — a.k.a. Molecule Man — once helped reshape the entire multiverse. Now his body is scattered across the cosmos — and the Future Foundation is out to put him back together. But they’re not the only ones. It’s a race across space as the Maker sets his sights on pieces of Reece! And with a prison security system out to murder them all, the Future Foundation is already behind the mark. But the Foundation has a secret weapon. Find out at last who Julie Power set out to rescue from that intergalactic prison — and why the Maker should be very, very afraid.

Mighty Member

FANTASTIC FOUR: GRAND DESIGN #1 (OF 2)
    TOM SCIOLI (W) • TOM SCIOLI (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY ED PISKOR
    CORNER BOX VARIANT COVER BY TOM SCIOLI
    Because you demanded it! The bestselling GRAND DESIGN franchise continues with Marvel’s First Family! Brought to you by critically-acclaimed cartoonist TOM SCIOLI (GODLAND, TRANSFORMERS VS. GI JOE) in the sole-authorship tradition made famous by ED PISKOR’S X-MEN: GRAND DESIGN trilogy! Join the Watcher and witness how it all began… Plus appearances by your faves: Doctor Doom! Black Panther! Namor! Galactus! Mole Man! The Inhumans!

INVISIBLE WOMAN #4 (of 5)
    MARK WAID (W) • MATTIA DE IULIS (A)
    Cover by ADAM HUGHES
    Lost in a foreign land, cut off from her friends and family, Susan Richards is on the hunt. When she learn(S) the true secrets behind her former S.H.I.E.L.D. partner, what she finds out rocks her world and endangers millions!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

FF solicits for October:

FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #13
    TOM TAYLOR (W) • JUANN CABAL (A)
    Cover by ANDREW C. ROBINSON
    • Sometimes even your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man needs help from his neighbors.
    • Peter’s been keeping secrets and it leads to some big consequences and…
    • A GUEST-STARRING APPEARANCE FROM THE FANTASTIC FOUR!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

MARVEL ZOMBIES: RESPAWN #1
    PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON (W) • LEONARD KIRK (A) • Cover by INHYUK LEE
    VARIANT COVER BY JUNGGEUN YOON
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY JUNGGEUN YOON
    VARIANT COVER BY GREG LAND
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY GREG LAND
    VARIANT COVER BY NICK BRADSHAW
    THE HORROR SMASH-HIT LIVES AGAIN!
    When Galactus’ corpse appears at the edge of Earth’s solar system, the Avengers, X-Men and Fantastic Four investigate. Too late, they discover that Galactus’ body is now the vessel of an interstellar terror, which one-by-one transforms Earth’s Mightiest Heroes into the universe’s most terrifying predators! As our heroes try to escape the superpowered, cannibalistic aberrations that were once their friends and family, will any survive? And even if they do, can they hope to protect Earth from the infestation that has already claimed half of the known universe?
    Don’t miss the FIRST ISSUE of this terrifying new vision of the classic Marvel tale!
    40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T+ …$4.99

FANTASTIC FOUR: GRAND DESIGN #1 (OF 2)
    TOM SCIOLI (W) • TOM SCIOLI (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY ED PISKOR
    CORNER BOX VARIANT COVER BY TOM SCIOLI
    Because you demanded it! The bestselling GRAND DESIGN franchise continues with Marvel’s First Family! Brought to you by critically-acclaimed cartoonist TOM SCIOLI (GODLAND, TRANSFORMERS VS. GI JOE) in the sole-authorship tradition made famous by ED PISKOR’S X-MEN: GRAND DESIGN trilogy! Join the Watcher and witness how it all began… Plus appearances by your faves: Doctor Doom! Black Panther! Namor! Galactus! Mole Man! The Inhumans!
    48 PGS./Rated T …$5.99

INVISIBLE WOMAN #4 (of 5)
    MARK WAID (W) • MATTIA DE IULIS (A)
    Cover by ADAM HUGHES
    Lost in a foreign land, cut off from her friends and family, Susan Richards is on the hunt. When she learn(S) the true secrets behind her former S.H.I.E.L.D. partner, what she finds out rocks her world and endangers millions!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

FUTURE FOUNDATION #3
    JEREMY WHITLEY (W)
    WILL ROBSON & PACO DIAZ (A)
    Cover by CARLOS PACHECO
    Mary Jane Variant Cover by LEE GARBETT
    RAINBOWS AND REECE’S PIECES!
    Owen Reece — a.k.a. Molecule Man — once helped reshape the entire multiverse. Now his body is scattered across the cosmos — and the Future Foundation is out to put him back together. But they’re not the only ones. It’s a race across space as the Maker sets his sights on pieces of Reece! And with a prison security system out to murder them all, the Future Foundation is already behind the mark. But the Foundation has a secret weapon. Find out at last who Julie Power set out to rescue from that intergalactic prison — and why the Maker should be very, very afraid.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

FANTASTIC FOUR #15
    DAN SLOTT (W) • PACO MEDINA (A) • COVER BY NICK BRADSHAW
    Mary Jane Variant Cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
    “Point of Origin” Part 2
    Everyone knows the story of the brave souls who were bombarded by cosmic rays and transformed into superhuman beings, how they became their world’s first line of defense against all alien threats. They are The Unparalleled! Seven super heroes who now must fulfill their destiny by defeating the fearsome, foretold forces of The Fantastic Four! Wait. What?!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #4 (of 6)
    MARK WAID (W) • JAVIER RODRIGUEZ (A) • Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
    Variant Cover by JAVIER RODRIGUEZ
    From the Fantastic Four to the Death of Phoenix, witness the awe and majesty of the beginnings of the Modern Marvel Universe!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

BLACK CAT #5
    JED MACKAY (W) • Travel Foreman (A)
    Cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
    MARY JANE VARIANT COVER BY TERRY DODSON
    • Johnny Storm knew a date with Felicia Hardy would be interesting, but he didn’t know it would be OPENING UP GATES TO OTHER DIMESIONS POSSIBLY ENDING THE UNIVERSE interesting.
    • But, remember, with the Black Cat, this is either planned or planned around and there’s no way Johnny knows what Felicia is going to steal under his and the FF’s noses.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

OLD MAN QUILL #10 (of 12)
    ETHAN SACKS (W) • ROBERT GILL (A) • Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    OUT OF TIME!
    • PETER QUILL has failed – the Ultimate Nullifier is no longer in the Baxter Building, and without it, there’s no hope of stopping GALACTUS.
    • If only he could go back in time and steal it from REED RICHARDS...
    • Why can’t he? Because if Quill goes into the timestream, all of space-time is at risk!
    • But when has a longshot stopped STAR-LORD?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #13
    TOM TAYLOR (W) • JUANN CABAL (A)
    Cover by ANDREW C. ROBINSON
    • Sometimes even your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man needs help from his neighbors.
    • Peter’s been keeping secrets and it leads to some big consequences and…
    • A GUEST-STARRING APPEARANCE FROM THE FANTASTIC FOUR!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

BLACK CAT #5
    JED MACKAY (W) • Travel Foreman (A)
    Cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
    MARY JANE VARIANT COVER BY TERRY DODSON
    • Johnny Storm knew a date with Felicia Hardy would be interesting, but he didn’t know it would be OPENING UP GATES TO OTHER DIMESIONS POSSIBLY ENDING THE UNIVERSE interesting.
    • But, remember, with the Black Cat, this is either planned or planned around and there’s no way Johnny knows what Felicia is going to steal under his and the FF’s noses.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Depending on how Future Foundation goes, we might get Xavin in on the Future Foundation.

I'm perfectly okay with that.

Previews are very nice for the FF in the future, but for an immediate subject, House of X #1here's a scene where Cyclops meets the FF and it all seems friendly. Then Cyclops mentions Franklin. I don't now how much Hickman is going to be using this, but it set a one that could very well tighten up the FF and X-Men futures.

BANNED

Just think

This time last year we had zero FF books and now look at what we have! And they’re appearing in other comics.