Page 68 of 95 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1421

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I thought it was a mini?
    It was supposed to be an ongoing, but will end at issue 5 due to low sales of issue 1.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Rikki Barnes needs to be a supporting member of the FF book.

Bringing the Future Foundation back to Earth may happen sooner than expected based on the cancellation of the series. I can certainly get into a series where the Foundation travels from world to world, having adventures while their diverse personalities add to the enjoyment. So why is Rikki Barnes needed back on Earth? Someone needs to slap some sense into the mopey Franklin Richards. Heroes Reborn was the first world Franklin created and the sole survivor (if I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me) of that world could be a good sign for the boy that created her.

This meeting has GOT to happen.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Heroes Reborn was the first world Franklin created and the sole survivor (if I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me) of that world could be a good sign for the boy that created her.
    She is as far as we know. Franklin willed his creation out of existence.

. So why is Rikki Barnes needed back on Earth? Someone needs to slap some sense into the mopey Franklin Richards.
    I would imagine the conversation goes something like this. "Well then, get your **** together. Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your ****. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the **** store and sell it… Or put it in a **** museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together."
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 09-16-2019 at 05:51 AM.

BANNED

I am planning on reading the Fantastic Four from the very beginning. Besides the main series and the annuals, were there any notable spin-off books besides FF?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I am planning on reading the Fantastic Four from the very beginning. Besides the main series and the annuals, were there any notable spin-off books besides FF?
    If you hate yourself, look no further than the Dark Age known as Fantastic Force.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Heroes Reborn was the first world Franklin created…
    The Heroes Reborn Earth has had a complicated history. Doom sent it to 616 as Counter-Earth to save it from the Celestials, and one 616-team made it there. Later it appeared in Exiles; but I will have to re-read that story to check in which universe it was. Remender's Uncanny Avengers had a different Counter-Earth created by the High Evolutionary so now I don't know where HR Earth is.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Was that synergy to the old Spider-Man Unlimited cartoon? That had a counter-Earth populated by High Evolutionary's Ani-men... in 1999.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Early 60's Strange Tales for the first appearances of some villains like Wizard and Trapster.

Doom stuff like Astonishing Tales, Super-Villain Team-Up, and Books of Doom.

Marvel Two-In-One and Thing stuff over the years. The 70's/80's stuff is more important for general Marvel stuff than F4, though. The 2000's Thing book is more significant now because it's referenced in the Slott run but it also has Master of Kung-Fu continuity diving, so it was always important.

90's Fantastic Force, God bless your soul (if you can even find the book.)

The 90's also had stuff like FF Unplugged and Unlimited that I've never read and probably aren't important.

2099, I guess.

The Unstable Molecules AU from 2003 is very good and is required.

Hindsight makes Ultimate Fantastic Four a more interesting read.

The Marvel Knights 4 book is just a second ongoing that was originally meant to replace Waid/Ringo, but it still is a nice book on its own.

Human Torch had a solo that I've never read but Spider-Man/Human Torch is the definitive story about the actual Spider-Man OTP.

Hickman's run starts with the Dark Reign mini if you're a dumbo like me who missed it the first time I binged the franchise. Their Secret Invasion tie-in was also a separate book and has continuity things.

There's another Fantastic Force series from 2009 that deals with some Millar/Hitch stuff that is in Hickman's run but I'm too lazy to read and see if it's good or significant.

There was that now more important Waid SHIELD story about Sue.

i've probably forgotten about some essential solo willie lumpkin material
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The Heroes Reborn Earth has had a complicated history. Doom sent it to 616 as Counter-Earth to save it from the Celestials, and one 616-team made it there. Later it appeared in Exiles; but I will have to re-read that story to check in which universe it was. Remender's Uncanny Avengers had a different Counter-Earth created by the High Evolutionary so now I don't know where HR Earth is.
    The original Counter-Earth was from the old original Adam Warlock series. The point is that Franklin created it and he can get more emo about its fate or the existence of Rikki could make him feel better. Or he gets a crush on her. How does a teenage boy react to a girl he's actually created?

Mighty Member

I believe the Quiet Man called it Dimension F. Seems appropriate. You know, before Franklin willed it out of existence.

The original Counter-Earth was from the old original Adam Warlock series. The point is that Franklin created it and he can get more emo about its fate
    I doubt he would get more emo about the fate of his creation. I believe he would get more emo about his powers and how he used to be awesome. Seriously, I can probably count the number of times he angsted about the destruction of his creations on one hand. While I can play a full on drinking game about him angsting about his former glory. However, I do see Rikki giving him a soldier's kick in the crotch over his selfishness over his powers and his delusions of godhood rather than you know, the destruction of his creations.
    Or he gets a crush on her. How does a teenage boy react to a girl he's actually created?
    Let's turn Franklin into Zeus and have him bang all of his creations, sometimes in the form of an animal!

If you'll excuse me, I need to chuck my keyboard into the nearest body of water for writing that.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 09-16-2019 at 08:52 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Early 60's Strange Tales for the first appearances of some villains like Wizard and Trapster.

Doom stuff like Astonishing Tales, Super-Villain Team-Up, and Books of Doom.

Marvel Two-In-One and Thing stuff over the years. The 70's/80's stuff is more important for general Marvel stuff than F4, though. The 2000's Thing book is more significant now because it's referenced in the Slott run but it also has Master of Kung-Fu continuity diving, so it was always important.

90's Fantastic Force, God bless your soul (if you can even find the book.)

The 90's also had stuff like FF Unplugged and Unlimited that I've never read and probably aren't important.

2099, I guess.

The Unstable Molecules AU from 2003 is very good and is required.

Hindsight makes Ultimate Fantastic Four a more interesting read.

The Marvel Knights 4 book is just a second ongoing that was originally meant to replace Waid/Ringo, but it still is a nice book on its own.

Human Torch had a solo that I've never read but Spider-Man/Human Torch is the definitive story about the actual Spider-Man OTP.

Hickman's run starts with the Dark Reign mini if you're a dumbo like me who missed it the first time I binged the franchise. Their Secret Invasion tie-in was also a separate book and has continuity things.

There's another Fantastic Force series from 2009 that deals with some Millar/Hitch stuff that is in Hickman's run but I'm too lazy to read and see if it's good or significant.

There was that now more important Waid SHIELD story about Sue.

i've probably forgotten about some essential solo willie lumpkin material
    Thank you for the concise answer, bb.

Mighty Member

Solicits leaked. No cover as of now.

FANTASTIC FOUR #17
    DAN SLOTT (W) • SEAN IZAAKSE (A) • COVER BY NICK BRADSHAW
    2020 VARIANT COVER BYT TBA
    VENOM ISLAND VARIANT COVER BY CARLOS GOMEZ
    POINT OF ORIGIN CONTINUES!
    The Fantastic Four’s choices from long ago have forever changed a planet 44 light years away. Today, Ben Grimm’s actions will change their future. And Johnny Storm’s world will never be the same again. All this – and one of the biggest FF secrets of all-time is finally revealed!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

The Ben and Johnny focus reminds me of Two in One. Hopefully the issue is as good as Two in One.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 09-18-2019 at 04:06 PM.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Plus, we are getting a FF Annihilation one shot. So that's two Negative Zone adventures. Which to me is awesome. It's always been my favorite part of FF travels

Preview for the final issue of Moon Girl:
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...l-dinosaur-47/

BANNED

I'd loooovvvve to see the original Counter-Earth from the old original Adam Warlock series appear in the future in the Marvel Cinematic Universe!