Page 65 of 95 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Most of the teen heroes no-showed as well, except for the surviving original Young Avengers and a pre-Hulk Amadeus Cho.

Wasp was another major omission. The old Agents of Atlas got a lot of love and the X-Man featured most was Citizen V - Sunspot in his U.S.Avengers guise.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

From Origins of Marvel Comics 2010.

Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

From Future Foundation #2

A summary of the lives of Reed 616 and Reed 1610.

Not a fan of how it paints Nathaniel as this great father. He abandoned Reed and has countless kids around the multiverse. Hickman's run was all about Reed being a better man despite of Nathaniel's neglect. F*ck Nathaniel.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

iMan 42s

If I'm not mistaken, Ultimate Doom was alive and Ben ended up killing a stand-in.

Just a small gripe but it's a good summary regardless.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Not a fan of how it paints Nathaniel as this great father. He abandoned Reed and has countless kids around the multiverse. Hickman's run was all about Reed being a better man despite of Nathaniel's neglect. F*ck Nathaniel.
    Nathaniel was forced to leave because of Tesla/Immortus and then dedicated the rest of his life to helping fatherless Reeds while the scenes of Reed teaching Frank how to fly are modeled after Nathaniel teaching Reed how to jump. He was a good dad.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Nathaniel was forced to leave because of Tesla/Immortus and then dedicated the rest of his life to helping fatherless Reeds while the scenes of Reed teaching Frank how to fly are modeled after Nathaniel teaching Reed how to jump. He was a good dad.
    Man I need to re-read Hickman's run. I've forgotten so much stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Man I need to re-read Hickman's run. I've forgotten so much stuff.
    I forgot everything about Nathaniel until I just reread the run recently, too. The Nikola Tesla thing that starts it is actually in Hickman's SHIELD.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Ultimate Doom was alive and Ben ended up killing a stand-in.

Just a small gripe but it's a good summary regardless.
    Ultimate Doom had a dust up with Miles Morales IIRC just before the final incursion. I guess he's still around but Victor Van Damme hasn't been seen since. You''re right that Victor van Damme's death in Ultimatum was retconned. Turned out that Ben killed Sue and Johnny's Mom, Mary Storm instead. For reasons neven made clear, she was taking Ultimate Doom's place. He was still in the Zombieverse and we saw his return to Earth Prime in Ultimate Fantastic Four. They couldn't devour him in the Zombieverse since his skin had turned to metal. I think there was very little organic material left when his original transformation from the transporter accident was complete.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-06-2019 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Corrected for Mary Storm's children

Reed having five PhDs by 16 is a new development, I think. It's not that Reed wasn't smart enough, but that seems to make his rooming with Ben and that whole story with them and Victor a real stretch of the imagination.

Yeah, why would he ever join the military if there's no mandatory conscription? It does seem to contradict his and Ben's history.

The F4 will be in Gwenpool Strikes Back #2. They're not in the preview pages, but 4 Yancy Street is.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...trikes-back-2/

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, why would he ever join the military if there's no mandatory conscription? It does seem to contradict his and Ben's history.
    Their military service was originally linked to WW2. As time (and the shifting timeline) progressed, that became impossible and Ben's military service was shifted mostly to maintain his flying status. However, it's rare to see a college football star go into the military after graduation. As for Reed, it's no great stretch of the imagination to place some military connection with his research. I don't think Reed actually serving is a big point if he's got some connection, even if it's similar to what Bruce banner had in Hulk 1.

The military part of their pasts is a good part of their history and makes sense regarding their origins, even if there's no Sgt Fury team-up anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Reed having five PhDs by 16 is a new development, I think. It's not that Reed wasn't smart enough, but that seems to make his rooming with Ben and that whole story with them and Victor a real stretch of the imagination.
    I thought I remembered a flashback in the Byrne run that mentioned Reed's education. I scanned thru his issues quickly but didn't see anything. This fan wiki on Reed indicates that it came from Marvel Handbook #14 vol. 4, which makes sense.
    from the wiki entry:
    Nathaniel encouraged and guided young Reed in his scientific studies, and Reed was taking college-level courses. Reed entered college at fourteen at CalTech (California Institute of Technology).[8] He also attended Harvard University[8] and M.I.T..[citation needed] He studied abroad at the University of Vienna in Austria. It is their he met fellow "super-genius"; Alyssa Moy.[9] By the time he was eighteen, he had obtained four degrees in fields such as engineering, math, and physics.[10]
    The handbooks would add things to a character's back history that may not have been in a story....just something they added. A lot of villains got their names that way. For example, I couldn't find a story that gave out the Wizard's true name when I was trying to find where it was first used a little while ago. I suspect that has probably assigned to him in a handbook addition also.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-05-2019 at 07:09 PM.

Comixology is having a sale on Fantastic Four masterworks:

https://www.comixology.com/Marvel-Fa...works-09052019

I have all the hardcovers of the Lee/Kirby run but getting the ones I don't have from later runs is a bargain at $5.99
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-06-2019 at 02:52 PM.