Page 72 of 95 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1421

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Yeah, Val's never been identified as a mutant. Personally as a genius with access to all of reed's toys, she's super-powered enough already and making her a mutant with other powers would be too much. Plus, how is Franklin's angst going t be justified if Val gets mutant powers. By the way, I'd imagine Reed should be well aware (and Val too) if she's a mutant or not.
    She honestly should be. It’s not natural for her to be that intelligent that young. She should be a mutant with a super-brain

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    She honestly should be. It’s not natural for her to be that intelligent that young. She should be a mutant with a super-brain
    By this logic, we should retcon the other child geniuses in the Marvel Universe to be byproducts of the x-gene or other superhuman abilities.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    How would you feel if Ant-Man/Scott Lang became a supporting character to the FF again?
    No...Scott needs his own book back set in Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Yeah, Val's never been identified as a mutant. Personally as a genius with access to all of reed's toys, she's super-powered enough already and making her a mutant with other powers would be too much. Plus, how is Franklin's angst going t be justified if Val gets mutant powers. By the way, I'd imagine Reed should be well aware (and Val too) if she's a mutant or not.
    I've been thinking that Val should inherit her mother's powers. Makes her no different than her dad. Super-genius, polymath with an added super power set. Do not give her the X-Gene...just inherited her mom's altered DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Please, let's see Jen go back to the character everyone fell in love with decades ago. I can't stand to read anything with her anymore.
    Exactly....multi personality Bruce makes sense with the abuse he suffered. Jen should just be normal-Jen and She-Hulk-Jen. Same personality...just more outgoing with her amazon body.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    By this logic, we should retcon the other child geniuses in the Marvel Universe to be byproducts of the x-gene or other superhuman abilities.
    This...Super-genius, polymath should not be attributed to an X-Gene in everyone of them.

I'd rather Val learned magic than inherit her mother's powers, it would be unique within her family.

Could even have Agatha Harkness teach her. It would be nice to have her in a FF book again.
    Last edited by Crimz; 10-06-2019 at 01:54 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'd rather Val learned magic than inherit her mother's powers, it would be unique within her family.

Could even have Agatha Harkness teach her. It would be nice to have her in a FF book again.
    I could get behind that...have her start collecting magical items as well. Seven League Boots, a sling ring, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I could get behind that...have her start collecting magical items as well. Seven League Boots, a sling ring, etc...
    Combining her scientific knowledge with magical knowledge would separate her from her dad and play up her connection with Doom more.

I think it's better to make her more unique than just giving her Sue's powers.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Mighty Member

Combining her scientific knowledge with magical knowledge would separate her from her dad and play up her connection with Doom more.

I think it's better to make her more unique than just giving her Sue's powers.
    It could also play with her connection with Reed more. Reed struggled to understand magic in Unthinkable. Seeing Val do the same might bolster his connection to her or harm it because he sees another Dr. Doom in the making. This is the family drama we want to see.

Speaking of family drama, when are we gonna get a Sue and Franklin story? Invaders made me want to see more of them since Sue reveals that Franklin has anxiety problems.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 10-06-2019 at 02:35 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The Valeria in Chris Claremont's run had force field powers. Dunno if nu-Val is open to learning magic.
    Agatha's been all over the MU. I read on Marvel Unlimited lately those Silver Surfer issues where she played a key role in the resurrection of Norrin Radd, and Alicia was there too.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The Valeria in Chris Claremont's run had force field powers. Dunno if nu-Val is open to learning magic.
    Claremont's Val was a test drive, basically. Millar started the supersmart Val and Hickman expanded on that. The ties with Doom and an interest in magic could be a type of "Wall Street" situation with Val as Bud Fox and Doom as Gordon Gekko. Robinson used the Doom/Val relationship and that could make for some good family drama while still maintaining a super-hero flavor. Doom: "Magic is good."

My view is Val as a super-genius works, but with Reed in the book, a lot of that's already been taken. She has insights Reed hasn't had like with the color aspect of Sue's powers that Reed doesn't always see (pun unintended). Val dabbling in magic works. It's a hobby or interest for her as far as her setting is concerned. I'd much rather see a limited magician Val than her with some other form of traditional super-power.

If that happened, I think she should meet Hank McCoy. The time displaced teen Hank learned magic (he wanted to take a different path, to avoid becoming blue furry)... and it came at a cost (he gained a white furry horned form). While being sent back with their memories locked away solved that temporarily, the adults gained the memories at that moment - meaning that the present day Beast now knows magic. He'd be consciously choosing not to use it, and would warn Val about the dangers. In contrast, of course, Doctor Doom would encourage it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Yes, totally. For me, it's more logic for geniuses like Moon Girl or Valeria to be this intelligent at this young age because of a mutant gene or an Inhuman mutation.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Yes, totally. For me, it's more logic for geniuses like Moon Girl or Valeria to be this intelligent at this young age because of a mutant gene or an Inhuman mutation.
    If we can buy the x-gene and the inhuman genome, then I can't understand why we can't accept innate genius.

You cannot retcon your smartest women into cheaters.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Yeah, Lunella wasn't granted her intellect from terrigenesis, she was already the insufferable genius her book's readers know and love before the cloud hit her. Her power is the uncontrollable mind swapping with Devil Dinosaur.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

It could also play with her connection with Reed more. Reed struggled to understand magic in Unthinkable. Seeing Val do the same might bolster his connection to her or harm it because he sees another Dr. Doom in the making. This is the family drama we want to see.

Speaking of family drama, when are we gonna get a Sue and Franklin story? Invaders made me want to see more of them since Sue reveals that Franklin has anxiety problems.
    Just because she learns magic does not mean they would worry she is being influenced by Doom. They know Stephen Strange and Agatha Harkness.....Magic does not necessarily mean 'bad'.

However I was reading about Dr Strange and it says that magic takes its toll...that he cannot eat normal food anymore because of what excessive use of magic did to his body and eats things that would kill normal people. That would be an interesting thing for Val to be confronted with if she took up magic.