Page 70 of 95 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1421

Guess I'm getting them all...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

And there is also Mystery Mini's:

Spectacular Member

Boy... the mystery mini's are going to be a challenge.

Oddly from this link - https://www.funko.com/blog/article/c...-minis-and-pop

They say the one figure is Terrax when it looks more like a standard moloid.
    Last edited by BAS; 10-01-2019 at 10:14 AM.

Astonishing Member

There's a surprise that's been revealed within Today's FUTURE FOUNDATION #3 for spoilers:
    "Yondu" has been revealed to be LYLA THE LASER-FIST
    end of spoilers....!!!

And I'll let someone else handle Today's FANTASTIC FOUR #15.

Mighty Member

Fantastic four #15 was a pretty cool. I was not a fan of this Dan Slott series, but this issue has finally new concepts, new challenges and new villains. I will reserve my judgment until the end of this arc, but it's what I want in my Fantastic Four series.
    Last edited by lordozone; 10-02-2019 at 05:23 PM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

How did you manage to confuse Slott with the guy who's in charge of DC Comics?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hated the reveal in Future Foundation #3 because I hate the character.

Fantastic Four #15 was ok.

The new characters have potential.

Sue and Reed were non factors again.

Ben is likely being set-up to save the day (shocker).

The Sky and Johnny thing seems destined for failure (but that might be the point).

Overall it was fine. I'm mostly just happy they're finally somewhere new.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    How did you manage to confuse Slott with the guy who's in charge of DC Comics?
    I really don't know ! (corrected)
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Mighty Member

My problem was how Sue was peddled as a powerful asset to the Fantastic Four and a worthy opponent. She proceeds to go down in two panels from a shot in the back.

You know, showing that she was flooring the other members of the Unparalleled or participating in a duel between two opponents would have been a better testament to your abilities than hitting her in the back and putting her in a water choke hold.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Hated the reveal in Future Foundation #3 because I hate the character.

Fantastic Four #15 was ok.

The new characters have potential.

Sue and Reed were non factors again.

Ben is likely being set-up to save the day (shocker).

The Sky and Johnny thing seems destined for failure (but that might be the point).

Overall it was fine. I'm mostly just happy they're finally somewhere new.
    Same. It was not the best FF issue that I have read, but at least it was interesting. He introduces new characters and new concepts, even if it seems too much inspired by the Inumans and New Gods with second class-citizen living undergound when Super-powered people live in an eugenist fake perfect world.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    My problem was how Sue was peddled as a powerful asset to the Fantastic Four and a worthy opponent. She proceeds to go down in two panels from a shot in the back.

You know, showing that she was flooring the other members of the Unparalleled or participating in a duel between two opponents would have been a better testament to your abilities than hitting her in the back and putting her in a water choke hold.
    It's pretty much expected in this run for Reed, Sue and Johnny to be glorified supporting cast to the Ben show.

I mean seriously?

"Most powerful asset"

Does nothing.

All I can do is laugh. I haven't got the energy for anything else.
    Last edited by Crimz; 10-02-2019 at 05:38 PM.

My view is that this is Fantastic Four #1. This is how FF#1 would have happened if the Cosmic Ray shields held and the team got to Alpha Centauri with the two suns.

I liked how Dan Slott put the setting in the Spyre narrators POV, so that the Spyreans spoke the understood language and the invaders, the FF, spoke alien jibbberish.

The actual story was all a setup story to show the society on Spyre as being quite normal, and having similar cultural ceremonies as Earths. From the look of it, everything seems like normal Earth ethics, but it appears appearances can be deceptive. The Mystery Of Spyre and it’s inhabitants is going to be an interesting revelation as it plays out. We’ve had similar POV’s from other worlds in Jonathan Hickman’s New Avengers on various Alternative Earths, but it looks like Dan Slott is going to play a trick on the reader, by not revealing the twist in the story till sometime later. So, I am looking forward to how Reed and Sue and Johnny and Ben get different parts of the puzzle, and how Reed has to look at the deception analytically to identify what’s wrong here.

As a first issue of the Fantastic Four, I think this has delivered a traditional FF adventure of the type Stan and Jack did 58 years ago in issue #1.

How would you feel if Ant-Man/Scott Lang became a supporting character to the FF again?

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Same. It was not the best FF issue that I have read, but at least it was interesting. He introduces new characters and new concepts, even if it seems too much inspired by the Inhumans and New Gods with second class-citizen living undergound when Super-powered people live in an eugenist fake perfect world.
    There are elements of all this there, but Dan Slott approached it from a very unusual place, by making the FF the invaders and not the protagonists. I liked how that was done. The sparkling Unparalleled reminded me more of the MCU Asgardians, and the train-stop/rescue was straight out of Spider-Man MCU.

But the names of the Unparalleled were very fortifying, and not scary, as for example, Spider-Man, the Human Torch, or the Thing. Everybody loves these Super heroes on Spyre, but it feels uncomfortably yucky. Nobody loved the super heroes of Earth when they started appearing, and Dan Slott created the opposite here with Spyre.
    Last edited by jackolover; 10-03-2019 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It's pretty much expected in this run for Reed, Sue and Johnny to be glorified supporting cast to the Ben show.

I mean seriously?

"Most powerful asset"

Does nothing.

All I can do is laugh. I haven't got the energy for anything else.
    To be fair, she was hit from behind. As powerful as Sue is, she's vulnerable to stuff she can't see! That one who attacked her is a coward.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman