Page 74 of 95 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1421

hello marvel people if you're reading this stop but anyway someone should make it canon that franklin subconciously used his powers to make val age faster so he could have a more relatable sister and made it so no one noticed and then this causes drama don't @ me please hire me
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They should've had the FF scatter and reunite, that would explain the out of sync aging.
    This would make sense, but we sort of don't do that thing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    hello marvel people if you're reading this stop but anyway someone should make it canon that franklin subconciously used his powers to make val age faster so he could have a more relatable sister and made it so no one noticed and then this causes drama don't @ me please hire me
    I certainly would hire you. This sounds like an interesting plot Franklin can't just magick away.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Hiya!

I have a question about a story I can vaguely remember, and I think it was a Fantastic Four story. Can anyone help?

The Fantastic Four were confronted by a child who couldn't die. He would try to kill himself, and would be born over and over again. I believe he went looking to them for help.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Yeah, they goofed there. The last established ages for Frank and Val were 8 and 3. If five years have passed, they'd be 13 and 8. If you say maybe they'd had birthdays since their ages were last stated, that's 14 and 9. Instead, they went with them being 15 and 13. Five years would also make the already 19 year old Alex Power 24, but he still seems to only be around 21 (since his age gap to Julie doesn't seem to have changed). They should've had the FF scatter and reunite, that would explain the out of sync aging.
    So they changed their ages without addressing it? Gg, Marvel.

Somewhere somewhat I saw a theory abou that Franklin being the god he is makes other grown up at different rates while he keeps being a small child just because find it fun. That's the only explanation I found to the fact that he still looks like 15, Valeria jumped to 13, Benltey hasn't aged that much, and Alex is still just a bit older than Julie. Well at least in Alex case I can thin that he is actually 24 but he just looks younger, confusing a 21 years lad with a 24 years old is not that hard.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Whitley said that Alex is in his mid 20's and Bentley acts exactly like he did before they left but is still bigger like Onome.

BANNED

Tom DeFalco's FF is... not good.

Like, for the first 15 issues it was entertainingly bad, but now the '90s stopped being fun and he keeps introducing 3 new subplots, 4 new mysteries and 5 new characters in every issue.

Whitley said that Alex is in his mid 20's and Bentley acts exactly like he did before they left but is still bigger like Onome.
    I can go along with this. The human kids might have aging differences, but with Onome being quiet and mature to start and Bentley being unable able to grow up, the characters can remain somewhat the same.And as for looking older, the art isn't that photographic and even when it is, relative heights often are misrepresented.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post

Like, for the first 15 issues it was entertainingly bad, but now the '90s stopped being fun and he keeps introducing 3 new subplots, 4 new mysteries and 5 new characters in every issue.
    I liked some of the concepts in his run, but boy was he was the wrong person for the job.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Congrats on surviving Englehart, enjoy jacket hell.

Spectacular Member

Yeah, they goofed there. The last established ages for Frank and Val were 8 and 3. If five years have passed, they'd be 13 and 8. If you say maybe they'd had birthdays since their ages were last stated, that's 14 and 9. Instead, they went with them being 15 and 13. Five years would also make the already 19 year old Alex Power 24, but he still seems to only be around 21 (since his age gap to Julie doesn't seem to have changed). They should've had the FF scatter and reunite, that would explain the out of sync aging.
    Eh, I’m just going to go with anomalies encountered during their travels thru the multiverse.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I liked some of the concepts in his run, but boy was he was the wrong person for the job.
    I blame the corporate environment at the time. Many of his concepts for the Fantastic Four were done better in MC2.

Wait until you get to Fantastic Force or how I like to call it Fantastic Fuckup. There, you get even more convoluted nonsense.

BANNED

Congrats on surviving Englehart, enjoy jacket hell.
    I liked the first couple issues of his run because I love to hate Crystal, but I don’t care about cosmic stuff and his final arc was a nightmare (literally). Wikipedia says he hates it too.

I liked the first couple issues of his run because I love to hate Crystal, but I don’t care about cosmic stuff and his final arc was a nightmare (literally). Wikipedia says he hates it too.
    It was all worth it for the hot rock sex.

I really want the Fantastic Four to fight the U-Foes one day.

It's so weird that they've never fought each other.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!