Page 32 of 95 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

I just can't wait for the merchandise and a possible cartoon.

They said there would be some merch during Fantastic Four week but that never happened.
    Last edited by Crimz; 03-12-2019 at 09:51 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

They said there would be some merch during Fantastic Four week but that never happened.
    I was disappointed in that too. The last FF merchandise I bought off the shelves was a couple of years ago when I was on a business trip in London -- surprisingly.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I did post about the Marvel Legends figures a couple of weeks ago. I've seen Sue and Reed at Walgreens. I haven't seen the Galactus, Johnny or Ben yet. I know Infamous Iron Man Doom is coming out around April. Maybe the reason is that all of them have been Walgreen's exclusives so far.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-12-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I did post about the Marvel Legends figures a couple of weeks ago. I've seen Sue and Reed at Walgreens. I haven't seen the Galactus, Johnny or Ben yet. I know Infamous Iron Man Doom is coming out around April. Maybe the reason is that all of them have been Walgreen's exclusives so far.
    The Wallgreens figures have been slowly released since 2017 and are the only FF merchandise. I was hoping for something new, there is still a lot of FF merch missing since the ban.

Now I'm hoping that the deal soon being finalized means a more focused push in the future. The team will hopefully no longer be treated like crap.

I'm cautiously optimistic for big announcements during this year's cons.
    Last edited by Crimz; 03-12-2019 at 11:38 AM.

And good Triple-A game(s) please.

Mighty Member

I just want to see the Future Foundation again. It feels cheap to waste them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    And good Triple-A game(s) please.
    Games take a while to develop so that may be a few years out. Hopefully they are in the upcoming Ultimate Alliance game.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I just want to see the Future Foundation again. It feels cheap to waste them.
    It makes them look like not truly a part of the family. Most of those kids were adopted and are just as much their kids as Frank and Val are.
    They were also tons of fun.

This current run is emphasizing the family aspect, but it feels hollow when the family isn't truly complete.

More so than the action figures, I want to see T-shirts and jackets. Hot Topic has a really badass Captain Marvel Air Force bomber jacket or you can get the Kree style one there or at the Disney store. And they're in women's and children's sizes. I suppose the one giveaway about those FF Marvel Legends figures is that they don't have the new uniforms. My guess is that they were probably made just before Crazy Ike made his decree and the company probably shelved them for a while.

Games take a while to develop so that may be a few years out. Hopefully they are in the upcoming Ultimate Alliance game.

It makes them look like not truly a part of the family. Most of those kids were adopted and are just as much their kids as Frank and Val are.

This current run is emphasizing the family aspect, but it feels hollow when the family isn't truly complete.

QFT. In the RW, to have these children separated like that would be really a devastating for the adopted children. They would feel like they had been rejected twice. I hope Slott's choice not to include the Future Foundation is only for this arc.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-13-2019 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    i won a Heroclix Galactus at a Tournament that still stands proudly on a shelf. Last thing I got FF related.

Loving what Slott is doing with the FF so far.

I generally dislike just agreeing with someone, but:

A) This
    B) QFT
    C) What they said
    D) All of the above

There is no reason why the Future Foundation can't be a book alongside Moon Girl and Squirrel Girl. It's a brilliant concept full of adventure and fun. And you know it's a feeder into Fantastic Four and the mainstream Marvel books.

Who the **** does one have to Gibbs Slap at Marvel to get thois to happen?

Mighty Member

I forgot about the fact several were adopted.

In hindsight, the whole moral of Slott's "family is power" mantra seems more ironic at best and insensitive to adopted children at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I forgot about the fact several were adopted.

In hindsight, the whole moral of Slott's "family is power" mantra seems more ironic at best and insensitive to adopted children at worst.
    The assessment is kinda harsh, but tough to argue against.

Adopted family is power united under the care of Papa Dragon Man.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

So Aunt Petunia is back from the dead? (Although there's some debate whether she was dead in the first place).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So Aunt Petunia is back from the dead? (Although there's some debate whether she was dead in the first place).
    I know what you mean. They way Millar / Hitch handled her death in such an off-handed way in the Master of Doom storyline was suspect to me. But IIRC when asked directly about it on the old Formspring platform, Tom Brevoort said she died. Now she's back with no explanation. I doubt we'll never get an explanation for that and maybe we should just blame it all on the reboot after Secret Wars.

One thing that they forgot was that Aunt Petunia is Jacob Grimm's second wife and there was an age difference. That's why she looked younger than you would expect. I don't have the issue in front of me but in her appearance with the Future Foundation, her hair was white wasn't it?