Page 80 of 95 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1421

Ha, funny that isn't it - three time travelling Marvel Girls. Have this Val and the main universe Val ever met?

That's not Lockjaw's only offspring either is it? Looks like it takes after him more than the alien parent.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ha, funny that isn't it - three time travelling Marvel Girls. Have this Val and the main universe Val ever met?

That's not Lockjaw's only offspring either is it? Looks like it takes after him more than the alien parent.
    Isn't it the same Val?

I think the story was that the child Sue thought she miscarried was actually sent to an alt universe (by Franklin) and that's the Marvel Girl Val. In the end she was de-aged and put back in Sue's womb and was born again to be the Val we see today....

Wow comics are something else.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Roberta should return as a supporting character.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm not sure if Star Trek: TNG's data and shows like the new Westworld have made sentient android/robot creation rights run of the mill, but Roberta might be a good example to address that in FF. Androids on strike? Robots getting the right to vote? I'd bring up R.U.R. but kids nowadays not only wouldn't know about it, but they'd think is was a complete sentence.
    Considering what we are seeing in Iron Man with regards to AI rights...it would be interesting to see her back. Did they ever mover beyond being an upper body only? I would say to maker her a fully autonomous android that serves as Major Domo for 4 Yancy Street.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Did they ever mover beyond being an upper body only? I would say to maker her a fully autonomous android that serves as Major Domo for 4 Yancy Street.
    Yes she has. One of her bodies is a dead ringer for Jocasta.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Based on how Slott handled Awesome Andy in She-Hulk, I'd have faith he could make Roberta a very interesting and fun character.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Isn't it the same Val?

I think the story was that the child Sue thought she miscarried was actually sent to an alt universe (by Franklin) and that's the Marvel Girl Val. In the end she was de-aged and put back in Sue's womb and was born again to be the Val we see today....

Wow comics are something else.
    If that's the case, shouldn't Val be manifesting those superpowers around now?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Yes she has. One of her bodies is a dead ringer for Jocasta.

In that case...I would say give her a "normal" looking body and build in some defensive systems.

As long as she is not reality altering level in power...I am good with that.

Considering what we are seeing in Iron Man with regards to AI rights...it would be interesting to see her back. Did they ever mover beyond being an upper body only? I would say to maker her a fully autonomous android that serves as Major Domo for 4 Yancy Street.
    First, I need to admit being totally ignorant of anything Slott's doing in Iron Man as I don't read it. The AI intellignece issue also makes a lot of sense there.

As for Roberta's upper body, I recall seeing something on a science show stating that a major challenge with humanoid robots was being able to install a sense of balance in them so they could stand upright and not fall over in different poses. I think about trying to stand action figures up without bases. An upper body Roberta make a lot of sense with that, but obviously the balance problem had been solved by so many already. Reed certainly could have found a way.

Liked most of today's issue. It wasn't amazing or anything, but it did it's job.

My only problem is with Johnny and the soulmate story. I only like soulmate stories under certain circumstances, but in this case it's boring and feels unearned.
    His situation with wondering about whether he's destined to be alone only for a soulmate to drop on his lap is lazy. I hope there is a twist to it.

Seems she doesn't for some reason. Reed checked when she was a baby and she doesn't have the X-gene or anything like that. She's a normal human without powers.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Which would indicate it's not the same Val, that was the point. That alt Val was wearing what looks like Doom's cape - was he that version's father instead of Reed? That would explain the genetic difference.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

It gets complicated because in the continuation of that arc, Reed and Doom were the last to face the Dreaming Celestial, and in his final throes he banished Doom while imprisoning Reed in Doom's armor. The vision from the future (in an earlier issue) where some of the FF saw Sue, older Franklin and older Val had future Sue's dialog implying that Doom was indeed Val's father and therefore Val and Franklin are half-siblings. But with Reed in Doom's armor, and marrying her as "Doom" making her Baroness von Doom of Latveria, it raised the possibility of Reed as "Doom" fathering Val after all. But Claremont's run ended without us seeing Reed and Sue actually do the deed.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    First, I need to admit being totally ignorant of anything Slott's doing in Iron Man as I don't read it. The AI intellignece issue also makes a lot of sense there.

As for Roberta's upper body, I recall seeing something on a science show stating that a major challenge with humanoid robots was being able to install a sense of balance in them so they could stand upright and not fall over in different poses. I think about trying to stand action figures up without bases. An upper body Roberta make a lot of sense with that, but obviously the balance problem had been solved by so many already. Reed certainly could have found a way.
    However this is comics and not real life and there are plenty of robots walking around upright.

However this is comics and not real life and there are plenty of robots walking around upright.
    I did acknowledge that situation. My intent was to bring up the fairly recent real life problem and apply it to Byrne's setup for Roberta. But with Jim Hammond, Ultron, Vision, every Doombot, and so many others, oit does seem a silly problem to concern ourselves with in a comic book.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I didn't touch the book after the Marvel-2 issue but #16 was an easy issue to jump into.

spoilers:

So they turned their society into superbeings to stop Earth from invading? lol
    end of spoilers
    "Cable was right!"

Imma just say it Johnny had more chemistry with Daken and Crystal then he ever did with this Sky brawd. Just because their saying there's s connection doesn't make you feel it. Imma a give this a shot but right now I'm just like, "Who Da Hell is this Bitch!?!"